VST to AAX convertor? yes then no

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Off the radar somewhat, then pulled almost immediately...
Official AVID statement on the pull of TransVST
"Sugar Bytes are outstanding developers who are bringing fantastic plug-ins to market including new AAX plug-ins. The Avid plug-in developer agreement that developers sign is for plug-ins that can be used with Pro Tools and other Avid products. Other types of products, like the wrapper, require our specific permission, as we granted in the case of FXpansion. We maintain this permission step in our efforts to ensure a quality experience on our audio platform, to provide high security from piracy and the use of cracked plug-ins, and to carefully consider the effects of these exceptions on customers and developers. We appreciate Sugar Bytes cooperation and will discuss this matter with them quickly."
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

yeah i saw that and was like oh yeah this is great I might consider pro Tools one day then day 2 its gone. it left a bad taste in my mouth

Yes same here. I was looking to maybe update my MP 9 to 10 by the end of the month. This would help the decision a bit shame that is was pulled so soon. I really hope it comes back in any form or way, but i don't think so, shame . :(

It's awful isn't it? That wrapper made me consider Pro Tools for a while. Even Reason is branching out. I'm all for 'quality control', but this just smacks of a kind of PT fascism.
It's kind of like Microsoft in the 90's when it would buy small competing companies that had interesting or novel ideas, either because they threatened MS bottom line, or they wanted to incorporate the tech into its monster.
Hopefully they will get it sorted.

osiris wrote:It's awful isn't it? That wrapper made me consider Pro Tools for a while. Even Reason is branching out. I'm all for 'quality control', but this just smacks of a kind of PT fascism.
It's kind of like Microsoft in the 90's when it would buy small competing companies that had interesting or novel ideas, either because they threatened MS bottom line, or they wanted to incorporate the tech into its monster.
Hopefully they will get it sorted.
I don't think its a matter of sorting anything out and more about Avid flat out saying no you aren't doing it. I think Avid plans on releasing their own series of plug ins in AAX and forcing the public to buy them or other AAX plug ins and totally not allowing VST or Rtas creating companies to be a part of the competition. I think its a sign that maybe Pro Tools is losing the battle these days. At least in home recording to the likes of Sonar, Cubase, Reaper, and a few other DAWs for price reasons. The days of paying $800 for a DAW and $400 for upgrades and getting 1/4 of the features are over. This new stage light DAW is $10 and has a lot of features considering the price and its fairly stable from what I have seen demoing it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”