Polyslax - Suspension

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Abstract ambient with a vibe that moves from spacey to groove.

Suspension

Also available at SoundCloud:

http://soundcloud.com/polyslax/suspension

Thanks to all who have a listen. :)
Last edited by polyslax on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Your music always creates mind movies for me. For this one, I was wandering around in a vast, abandoned warehouse that had some unpleasant things lurking about. I was concerned that guy from "Inter Face" with the chainsaw might make an appearance. Fortunately, he decided not to show up. :)

In the end, this piece has more mood than action. I think it is quite successful but it creates a menacing atmosphere that I want to escape from rather than bask in.

This begins with an oriental vibe laced with a '70s SciFi movie/TV soundtrack atmo, when some lovely sustained pads enter to settle the things down before the final, creepy groove section shifts the mood once more.

Good work :)

artificial bee colony algorithm ...
coalesce ...

damn, you are right up there with the BBC and 50cent at Soundcloud.

goodness knows how you got this collection of sounds together. That last 1/3 with the recurring piano figure sounds quite suspensefully creepy.

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys! :)
Image Image

...Man Matt!...you'd be GREAT at writing soundtracks...so interesting...and modern...I always have to ask you what's going on sonically? :) If you can remember that is? What reverb(s) are you using to give this a nice huge space. And the strings, pianos etc? I really appreciate the originality of your music-free of cliché.

polyslax wrote:Abstract ambient with a vibe that moves from spacey to groove.

Suspension

Also available at SoundCloud:

https://soundcloud.com/polyslax/suspension

Thanks to all who have a listen. :)
Man, quite diverse and unique style of production you have in your arsenal lol.

Over last few years since I first heard you you really develop your own technique and style and sound really sweet and cool man.

Well done !!!

Cheers Matt,

Darek
I like that freedom with no boundaries, no restrictions, no rules setup by somebody else – it's only me and my music.

Many thanks guys!

Hey Chuck... I busted out the iPad for all the deep spacey sounds. The app is called Samplr - quite a bit of fun to use. I went in and recorded a bunch of parts, and the spacey reverb is just the effect included included in Samplr. Project Sam's Orchestral Essentials comes in for the strings and trombone (yup!). Pianoteq supplies the piano and the drums were done with Machinedrum.
Image Image

an expert example of restraint and taste, this invokes an atmosphere i could soak in for days. i love the way something so delicate can have such impact. splendid :)

neil.

Thought I heard some real trombone or something in here. I like how you've taken Orchestral Essentials out of it's comfort zone. It sounds pretty comfortable here though.

Nice crisp production too.

Soundtrack for a droid's dream sequence. And lovely to boot. Thanks, polyslax.
No longer a moderator.

Mr SpookyMusic strikes again :-o :hihi:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

ooh, cool!
nicely done.
..what goes around comes around..

this would be right at home in an episode of a new twilight zone series. i like how it builds up and when the tick tock and pads come in. cool listen, poly. enjoyed!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”