Redux: Rhymes with Holy (90bpm)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

remix of the old

New Guitar Line

the old version is the previous one, with dual guitar lines, and jcm900s on two separate guitars. one of the two guitars is 'glitched out', and the bass is an attempt at 'wobble'. the keyboard intro is changed from snorgan to medusa2.

the new version has the same bass line and keyboard parts, with a brand new guitar line. the ampsim is poulin/lepou lextac, with kefir and redwirez free IR. (couldn't afford enough cpu to put poulin/kefir on both instances in the old version)

in contrast with the old 'backwards tuning', this new one is 'standard tuning' on the guitar, albeit tuned down to 'a' ('floppy strings'). so, the guitar part is 'entirely reworked'.

on this new version, there was a previous mix where i'd thought the bass 'too loud', so the bass was pulled back a bit, and the guitar increased a tad. ymmv

bill ray is on drums, driving the entire piece.

ok, enough verbosity for now.. yada yada yada

I liked the guitar on the new version. The tone sounded more "convincing" to me, and I really enjoyed the solos, although I did like that sustained guitar under the vocals in version 1. I think the vocals on both of these are pretty clear and well-defined, but I think the new version was slightly better.

Good work :)

wicked. i also think the vocals and guitar have an edge in the new version. the mix as a whole sounds great - crunchy, warm and...well, delicious! splendid :tu:

neil.

still one of my favorites from you, blitz. this version is magnific!! bravo! :clap:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”