Automathico Support

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You experience crashes too? What does the error tell you and when do they happen?
sik
ThomasHelzle wrote:Well, although I struggle with the interface, you got 5 points from me, since I find the basic idea the most interesting one in the whole contest. I love generative tools and yours creates some very usable and interesting output.
I think it would be worthwhile to add a selection of beginner presets that are commented in the docs. From a clean init patch getting more complex in something like 5 steps.

And I think it would be also worthwhile to invest some thought in how to make the interface more approachable/inviting ;-)

But congratulations to your entry and good luck!
I look forward to a non-crashing version.

Cheers,

Tom
As a human I say: nobis vivendum est!
As a musician I say: nobis musicum essendum est!
As a friend I say: nobis birram bibendum est!

SirSickSik

I had it crash in Ableton Live sometimes when the plugin was scanned. But now it seems to work again. No clue what was wrong or how it got fixed.

Studio One doesn't load it either, since it crashed before...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:Just wanted to elaborate a bit more about what I find confusing in the interface:

- Trying to follow your explanation above, 3/4 of the time I don't know which knobs you are referring to (without the docs, which I don't want to need to follow a tutorial and make basic sense of an interface).
- ATM I have no clue what values the knobs are at or where their neutral position is.
- Doubleclicking doesn't work reliable in Ableton Live / Windows 8. On some knobs it seems to do nothing at all.
- Some labels are very large, some are very small and since you use a condensed font, even the large ones are hard to read at some places (like for example the LFO dropdowns).

I think in this case the interface is one of the main deciding things that will turn users away from this tool, which is a shame. I love your idea.

More presets that show specific features would be great.
An init-patch would replace all that complex explanation above. ;-)

BTW. Sendspace is telling me: "Sorry, the free service is at full capacity."

Cheers,

Tom
Hi Tom, I've uploaded the latest update to my synthforum webpage at (direct download):
http://www.synthforum.nl/forums/attachm ... 1353700926

It includes a couple of bugfixes (Scope_nolines error in usine and xt, and possible errors with a divider module (x/0) )
Also, after the contest, the inbuild poly-knob recorder is available too.

I've added several presets with an explainatory text in the textbox. Next to this, all user presets are set to initial values so you can start from scratch yourself.
As a human I say: nobis vivendum est!
As a musician I say: nobis musicum essendum est!
As a friend I say: nobis birram bibendum est!

SirSickSik

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

Great news I will re-try this one right away!

The plugin is still crashing (the above 1.02) Studio One 2.0.7 and Plogue Bidule latest version while scanning VST plugins.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Cheers,

Tom

Hello SirSickSik,

I have recently reloaded Automathico in Reaper and it worked great. I like it very much. I want to make a video of it for my scrabble buddies (and enemies) to see. It seems there are a lot of scrabble players that are also computer programmers and dabbling in music-making and I think VST plugins (yours especially perhaps because there seems a lot of complex programming involved in your plugin and the generative music possibilities are great too) will interest them. So... please, do I have permission to make video?

Hey, SirSickSic - V1.02 doesn't unpack, the archive is corrupt. Please could you uplad it again?

This one is my overall favourite entry; please don't stop developing it :)

Due to limitations on his hosting he uses 7.zip to compress it, you can get it here free; http://7-zip.org/

All good now -- Thanks :D

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”