ARP(Blocked)/FLS Malware/ Trojen-(False) Solved!

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just picked up ARP, great price, thanks Andy :)

But, Avast blocked it and is calling it Malware/Trojan. I know this is false as Avast has done this to FLstudio before, but it does seem to have blocked it in FLS, any ideas, about unblocking ARP, in FLS?

Sorry, if I'm missing something.

EDIT: Just went into Avast and added an exclusion...:dog: ARP works just fine :) And sounds great!

This feels like a personal assault on me from the Anti-Virus companies, they have started seeing SEMs as Trojans over the last year. I keep submitting them when I become aware but it doesn't seem to help much.

I think it's because SEMS are basically DLLs but use some sort of encryption to prevent over people using them in SE, ie copy protection.

Astralp wrote:This feels like a personal assault on me from the Anti-Virus companies, they have started seeing SEMs as Trojans over the last year. I keep submitting them when I become aware but it doesn't seem to help much.

I think it's because SEMS are basically DLLs but use some sort of encryption to prevent over people using them in SE, ie copy protection.
Nah, I wouldn't take it to hard. Its been happening to FLS off and on for about two years, as far as I can tell. As far as submitting to AV companies, I guess, they don't see "smaller " devs as much a concern. But, they should at least register SEMs/ SE, since the "bedroom producers" are getting pretty large in number. For now, may be kvr needs an Anti-Virus sticky, for these errors?

That would be nice, lots of people still try the demos believe there is a virus, and will probably never come back to the site. It would be nice if people were made more aware of it, I need to get something up on the site too...

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”