HG Scapewizard1 pro and Scapewizard2 pro conflict with my DAW-does not list both of them

Official support for: hgf-synthesizer.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello HG or anyone,

I posted this originally in the wrong place, so I reposting this in the correct HG forum. Not sure the right people are seeing this in the instrument category.

Seems I have a small conflict with trying to have both HG Scapewizard1-Pro and Scapewizard2-Pro installed at the same time. My DAW which is Mixcraft 6.0 shows Scapewizard2-Pro listed to be selected, but not Scapewizard1-Pro.

I had Scapewizard2-Pro installed first and works great. Using the 32 bit versions.

Dont know if the 2 HG programs preventing one not to be recognized/listed, or if it is my DAW. Seems with plugins with the samilar names, often only 1 gets listed of the two. I had the same thing with another one of HG programs that had similar names. I think it was the 2 Protoplasm programs.

Anyone else try both of these installed at the same time and get them to both be listed for selection to run?

For now, I am sticking with Scapewizard2 pro on my main computer1, and on my computer2 I will put Scapewizard1 pro. I will post this message in Acousticas Mixcraft forum to see what they think about this.

Note: If someone knows how to delete my orig post in the instrument category, please feel free to do so.

thanks for any info,

DaveT

I see 55 people viewed this post, does that mean both Scapewizards work fine for you or not when installed/used on the same computer?

All I need is a yes or no on will they work together. I am scratching my head trying to understand why the both don't get listed and able to be used.

DaveT :?:

dathyr1 wrote:I see 55 people viewed this post, does that mean both Scapewizards work fine for you or not when installed/used on the same computer?

All I need is a yes or no on will they work together. I am scratching my head trying to understand why the both don't get listed and able to be used.

DaveT :?:
Hmm, this is probably due to Mixcraft still using VST IDs to manage the dlls and not allowing sharing same ID with two different dlls.
So I'm afraid you might only use one at a time while disabling the other one by a little renaming.

Anyway ScapesWizard 1 is out of support ....

hth
HG

Hi HG,

Thanks for the information. I will try renaming one of them to see if that is the case. Otherwise I will ask Acoustica group the same question. If renaming the dll file works, I will post here saying it works.

Just thought it would be neat to have more sounds.

I mainly use Scapeswizard 2, plus as you say, there is support for it.

thanks again,

DaveT

Hi all,

Ok, this is what I found which is one of my older problem posts I did here.

Seems it is not a file naming problem, but a folder structure problem with the DAW which I use Acousticas Mixcraft 6.0. What I mean by this is follows.

If I create a folder path as follows in Windows 7 under my 32 bit directory.

VST folder -->HG folder -->Scapeswizard1 folder--> (and then put the .dll file itself) (this is what I first tried.)

Scapeswizard 1 does not get listed in the DAW. Only Scapeswizard 2.

Note: Now Scapes wizard 2 uses this same type of folder path above and works fine.

If I just do this for Scapeswizard 1

VST folder--> (and now the Scapeswizard 1.dll file)

Scapeswizard 1 gets listed along with Scapeswizard 2.

I will mention this to Acoustica forum.

No big deal, just strange why cant organize some .dll files in group folders. At least they both work great now. End of story.

take care,

DaveT

Return to “HG Fortune”