Thrillerseeker XTC or kush-audio clariphonic dsp ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi guys

from what i can read here

both of these plugins are capable of adding some "like" and mojo to tracks or mixes

the big difference between them is also 149 euros!! :)

by the way,

for electronic music what would you suggest? and what is the main difference between them?

thanx

I recommend you don't even think about stuff like that right now.
I have to tell that to myself again and again. But that's not what you wanted to hear, i guess. I'd put that money towards books or a Sonicacademy deal. Or something like that.
no sig

Giusmex wrote:hi guys

from what i can read here

both of these plugins are capable of adding some "like" and mojo to tracks or mixes

the big difference between them is also 149 euros!! :)
Then read this post to find out the difference:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 35#5131435

Giusmex wrote: for electronic music what would you suggest? and what is the main difference between them?
Learn regular EQing first.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

sure, i try to learn everything about eq everyday, i know it is one of the most powerful tool to shape sounds;

but i asked to you what you think about the differences between thrillerseeker XTC and clariphonic

thanx :)

Apples and Oranges really. XTC has three bands and variable frequencies compared to Clariphonic's fixed frequencies. Also XTC offers saturation per band, which is controlled globally by the MOJO section.

Both are parallel EQ's, just one's more flexible.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

so basically you are saying the freeware is more versatile.. so why not recommend to op to save the money

in fact, it is what i said before; there are 149 euros of difference :)

i cannot believe this entirely :) maybe they are simply different, although both use a saturation step in their process

but it seems true this time, the bootsie one seems more versatile

Where can I download ThrillseekerXTC? I checked Bootsie's page but didn't see a link in the download section.
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

TheoM wrote:so basically you are saying the freeware is more versatile.. so why not recommend to op to save the money
Maybe the freeware is not his cup of tea? Can always happen. And the Mac crowd is pissed already. :hihi:
Giusmex wrote:i cannot believe this entirely :) maybe they are simply different, although both use a saturation step in their process
You sure about that? Haven't tested the software version yet so I can't tell, but it's obviously apparent in the hardware version (overdrive the module, get some mojo in the process - as with every hardware).

But one of Clariphonic DSP's features is actually:
"Incredible clarity, minimal distortion and phase artifacts"

:shrug:
Last edited by Compyfox on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I really wish I could try out Thrillerseeker, but Clariphonic is like gold to me.

The extra sauce on my tracks.

dw

Bootsie's getting better and better every day.

Return to “Effects”