The long DIVA thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

Using the last Build (903) there seems to be an automation "bug" in bottom half of Diva (the red section). Anything involving modulation matrix automation values has something weird going on. The issue does not affect the top half of Diva. EG FMSrc or FM2Src (in the VCF section) are not affected, but stuff like Vol Mod (Mod Src) and Pan Mod (Pan Src) are.

Automation does not respond correctly to controls in the lower half if you tell it there are 24 values present in the selection process. Using the correct amount (24) means it skips values (it will select Velocity twice then skip Multiply on my controller, but you can vary where it skips depending on the divider number used). The problem is avoided when you insert a phantom 25th step, which causes the control to select the "none" value twice, but otherwise cycle correctly.

The result is that assigning 24 steps to (EG) a notched Rotary or button will not work correctly in the bottom half of Diva, but it WILL work completely correct in the top half with the exact same amount of 24 steps assigned. Strange.

Trouble shooting what was happening was more of a pain because of the GUI order being presented differently from the Automation order. So I had to make the following list to understand what was going on.. Maybe someone else will somehow find it useful for something..

GUI Order Automation Order
00 Breath 00 (23) None
01 ENv1 01 (09) Modwheel
02 Env2 02 (10) Pitchwheel
03 Expression 03 (00) Breath
04 Gate 04 (03) Expression
05 KeyFollow 05 (04) Gate
06 Keyfollow2 06 (12) Velocity
07 LFO1 07 (11) Pressure
08 LFO2 08 (05) KeyFollow
09 Modwheel 09 (06) KeyFollow2
10 Pitchwheel 10 (14) Alternate
11 Pressure 11 (19) Random
12 Velocity 12 (21) Voice
13 Add 13 (22) VoiceMap
14 Alternate 14 (01) Env1
15 Invert 15 (02) Env2
16 Lag 16 (07) LFO1
17 Multiply 17 (08 ) LFO2
18 Quantize 18 (20) Rectify
19 Random 19 (15) Invert
20 Rectify 20 (18 ) Quantize
21 Voice 21 (16) Lag
22 Voicemap 22 (13) Add
23 none 23 (17) Multiply

PAK, did you use MIDI Learn or do you use host automation? If latter, which host?

The order confusion is easily explained: Internally everything is ordered as processed. But Howard insisted on tidied up menus, so we tidied up the menus as presented by a mouse click. Unfortunately it's impossible to swap these values for parameter changes such as Automation or MIDI Learn because, well, it would literally break every existing preset.

It's host automation via Cubase 6.5.

The order thing isn't really important. It'd be nice if GUI order was presented on-screen in the same order as the Automation order as it makes issues like these harder to notice, that's all (Plus it helps hardware match up with what's on screen, and that needs all the help it can get :) )

Anyway, things are working completely as expected in the top half of Diva. It's just it's behaving as if there's 25 steps in the bottom half for some reason. If you still don't notice the issue then I can post an example Automap template which demonstrates it later?

Hi, hope this is an appropriate place to post such a question:

What exactly does modulating parameters with Voice do?

I understand that 1 voice is all of the oscillators playing, so when voice is modulating something... wouldn't that just be like a binary on/off switch? Or is it the "contour" of the voice that is used as the modulating source? If it is the contour, at what stage in the synthesis is that contour taken? After filter? Before LFO?

Thanks for clearing this up

JoeKabuke wrote:Hi, hope this is an appropriate place to post such a question:

What exactly does modulating parameters with Voice do?

I understand that 1 voice is all of the oscillators playing, so when voice is modulating something... wouldn't that just be like a binary on/off switch? Or is it the "contour" of the voice that is used as the modulating source? If it is the contour, at what stage in the synthesis is that contour taken? After filter? Before LFO?

Thanks for clearing this up
It's renamed "VoiceStack" in the next revision. If you stack multipe voices for unison sounds, then VoiceStack will be a different value for each unison voice, distributed evenly from +1 to -1. This modulator is used to create variation among stacked voices.

Common example: Modulating Pan in a 2-stack patch puts one voice to the left, one to the right.

hey Urs, if I remember correctly, you mentioned Diva might get audio-in : still considering this feature ?

nilhartman wrote:hey Urs, if I remember correctly, you mentioned Diva might get audio-in : still considering this feature ?
Yes, of course. We might get there some time next year.

Great ! Running beats through Bite filters is gonna be fun ;)

Urs wrote:Who was asking for OSC reset?

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=368443
just tried, it has even phase adjustment for each oscillator.
splendid. thanks

UPDATE - Diva 1.0.1

Jan 12th 2012: We've fixed a few niggles - including those pops and spikes when switching filters/presets. And we've added a full user manual. Simply download from below and install again - Diva's revision number should show 517 in the bottom right corner.

Also, check this review in German webzine Amazona,
which gave Diva 4 out of 3 stars
I totally agree, Diva deserves to get 4 out of 3 stars, oh yes!
Or 6,7 stars out of 5.. or 13 stars out of 10!!!

:wink:
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

italo moog bass and brassy lead made in Diva.
http://soundcloud.com/olikana/olikana-h ... 84-testing
happy new year all! keep the great software coming !

Urs wrote:
Firechild wrote:So...when will DIVA go RTAS or AAX ?
I still don't know. Clemens and I will sit down for an AAX kitchen once we have all known bugs and issues fixed. We will then be able to evaluate if AAX is for us or not. If it's for us then we'll start it some time it after the next round of maintenance updates (see ACE/Uhbik thread for the state of this, with MFM2, Filterscape, Zebra and Diva following).

We have bought a license for Vienna Ensemble though, so we will soonishly be able to give full support to people who use our plugins within Vienna.

I strongly suggest to ask Avid to open up to AU and VST3 plugin standards. Who knows. They did some surprising moves in the past, maybe they just need a little push to see the advantages of widely adopted plugin standards.
Urs,

Any news on your "AAX kitchen" you can share with us? Or perhaps RTAS for DIVA?

olikana wrote:italo moog bass and brassy lead made in Diva.
http://soundcloud.com/olikana/olikana-h ... 84-testing
happy new year all! keep the great software coming !
Nice!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

billcarroll wrote:Any news on your "AAX kitchen" you can share with us? Or perhaps RTAS for DIVA?
Not yet. It's coming closer though - we're fixing the last remaining bugs reported in the public beta thread. As I wrote, first we need to get all these issues tackled, so we might start a few days after releasing the updates.

Return to “u-he”