An on going ODDessy into finding new ways to take 'The Wobble' to interesting places o-@

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What do yo think? Weird or cool?

Critique very welcome and appreciated.

Inspired by Ableton Live this track was born fooling around with Ableton's slice to midi function. I took a made up chord progression and sliced it to midi. Then I can trigger the chords in unusual & interesting ways. The bass is a continued interest in 'dubstep' and is MAssive. The drums are a loop included with Ableton from Loopmasters. I cut it up to make it my own. And the guitar is recorded through the Kempar Profiling Amp using it's lesslee effect. All synth parts were recorded using a midi guitar as my controller.

http://ia601504.us.archive.org/34/items ... ODDesy.mp3

http://soundcloud.com/chucksilva/oddesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4PnknF4hoM

Friend me on Facebook! :)
Last edited by any1particular on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not getting weird at all Chuck... getting tons of cool though. Super fun piece and very satisfying to my brain's groove pleasure centre. :) Love the mini outro. :love:
Image Image

I vote cool. A little funk, a little wobble, and some tasty guitar licks. What's not to like?

any1particular wrote:What do yo think? Weird or cool?
Lounge-House infected with WobWob bacteria escaped from a Dub Step song :D

I would say weirdOcool :lol:

BTW: I like it

Nice wobbly bits and groove, Chuck, but I always find myself drawn towards your guitar work. A nice range of tones on here, and I loved the Stanley Jordan style outro.

Good work 8)

Also cut the guitar stuff into tiny pieces and you have true glitch hop.

this is great and extremely cool. it's great to hear the wobble being used in an original way. the whole piece has a very original sound that is oh so pleasing to these ears :)

neil.

really cool!

Saved to my hard drive after 30 seconds of listening. Didn't know you got a Kemper. Did you try one around here or just order one online?

Someone mentioned Stanley Jordan? As in this Stanley Jordan? Master of jazz tapping on guitar...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC5EpdlzhPY

Wow, that totally boggles the musical guitar mind...

40's Theme, that would pretty much describe my night tonight, plus some jamming at my friends after. Royal Oak 5th Avenue with a Ben Wallace sighting (Detroit Pistons NBA legendary defender), with some Natty Daddy's after, which would equal a 40 :hihi:

Wow! Thanks dudes for taking the time to post. Very cool and a pleaseant surprise. :)

I know my music is rather bizzar....so thanks even if you're just being polite.

Matt. You are awesome. I'm honored. That's cool that you noticed the bit at the end...that was the how the track/chords started...I threw it in at the end...it's a bit sloppy -I didn't feel like practicing it soooo-there it is...

@FrantzM Fragile Gods -VERY kwell music Bruv! Kid you not! Thanks for posting!

@bluebel I got a good laugh from this! Thanks! Needed that. WobWob bacteria???? I may have to steel that for a track title!
bluebell wrote:
any1particular wrote:What do yo think? Weird or cool?
Lounge-House infected with WobWob bacteria escaped from a Dub Step song :D

I would say weirdOcool :lol:

BTW: I like it
Hey Tim! You THE man!!! I'll meet you at six for a bit of the bubbly k? Thanks!
ksandvik wrote:Also cut the guitar stuff into tiny pieces and you have true glitch hop.
Hhhmmm. Interesting...sounds like fun and a good idea....

Hey Neal thanks for your support dude-appreciated...:)

mrblitz: Almost Live: Epitaph SO COOL!
metalifuxx wrote:Saved to my hard drive after 30 seconds of listening. Didn't know you got a Kemper. Did you try one around here or just order one online?

Someone mentioned Stanley Jordan? As in this Stanley Jordan? Master of jazz tapping on guitar...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC5EpdlzhPY

Wow, that totally boggles the musical guitar mind...

40's Theme, that would pretty much describe my night tonight, plus some jamming at my friends after. Royal Oak 5th Avenue with a Ben Wallace sighting (Detroit Pistons NBA legendary defender), with some Natty Daddy's after, which would equal a 40 :hihi:
Shut up with that Andy!!! Damn! Stanley is a true genius for sure! That's a whole other league.

Regarding the Kempar Profiling Amp. I got turned onto to it by a German gelntleman that frequents KVR here....I was one of the first to get it around here anyway...it's cool for sure...

And thank you so much for turning me onto JamOrigin.com For thos of you reading this-this is a breakthrough technology that enables guitarists to trigger VSTs and the like with just the guitar-no special pickup needed. I haven't checked it out yet but everyone seems to be raving about it.

Perhaps I'll run into you one night in Royal Oak Andy?

coolcool, got that massive sounding really nice, and the guitar, yum yum, and the jive and swing of this, good job.

Thank you Fate for taking the time t post and your support! :)

Return to “Music Cafe”