g200kg : Kamioooka support

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kamioooka

ccDuckett wrote:Congratulations on 3rd place, Kamioooka has been the DC12 entry I have spent the most time with, and the frequent updates have been most welcome. One minor issue to report: in an instance within a Reaper project, I programmed a patch including an LFO module with Tempo Sync set to "on" on both LFOs; upon saving, closing, and reopening the project, though the LFOs' Tempo Sync switches showed as "on", they were running in Hz mode until I clicked on the Freq knob, which seemed to "remind" them of the proper setting. I am not sure if this has to do with how Reaper saves VST states within project files, or if it is Kamioooka, but I figured it might be helpful to mention it.
Thank you :)

I have tested but cannot reproduce the problem.
Reaper4.261(32/64bit)+Kamioooka1.0.5(32/64bit)
that may be already fixed with 1.0.5 minor-bug fixes.

please let me know if you still have the problem.

1.0.5 works with reaper x64! thanks!
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

g200kg wrote:
please let me know if you still have the problem.
Hello, thank you for responding- this is still happening with Kamioooka 1.05 (x86), Reaper 4.30 (x86)..

Perhaps I should also have mentioned Kamioooka is triggering upon loading the project, without any MIDI input.
I am wondering if it is due to an aspect of the patch itself, which my ignorance is preventing me from understanding?
If it would be helpful, I could send you my patch- I also recorded a short example of the patch "before and after" clicking on the Freq knob, if you wish to hear what I've described; I don't have any screen-recording software to make an example video.

I don't consider this to be a life-or-death problem, so please don't spend too much time on this if you suspect it is not Kamioooka but something on my end..

Thanks again!

hello,
hmmm, I think it may be a LFO phase slippage rather than a sync-mode change.
if so, I have something in mind.
ccDuckett wrote:If it would be helpful, I could send you my patch- I also recorded a short example of the patch "before and after" clicking on the Freq knob, if you wish to hear what I've described;
anyway, I would like to investigate that if it is not bothering you.
please send the files to webmaster@g200kg.com

thank you :)

I'll still send the files if you would like, but in the course of exporting my patch as an .fxp (in order to send it to you) and then importing it to make sure it exported properly, an unusual thing happened: while the name in Reaper's drop-down preset menu changed incorrectly to "Most Simple Patch", the LFOs' Tempo Sync immediately corrected.. therefore I am thinking it has something to do with how Reaper stores non-exported presets. Perhaps not as :dog: as "I forgot to plug the computer in first", but I still feel "RTFM-Tengu" kicking me..

Many thanks again for taking the time, and if you'd still want the files, let me know.

ccDuckett wrote:Many thanks again for taking the time, and if you'd still want the files, let me know.
hello,
finally I have found the problem.
already I don't need your files :)
it is a simple bug about the sequence of reading tempo-info from host.

I would like to release fixed-version shortly.

Kamioooka is updated to 1.0.6 :)

http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/kamioooka.html
  • BugFix : LFO tempo sync is slipped on patch loading
    Expanded VCF Resonance range about to self oscillation
    Added some presets

thanks, man! <3

g200kg, thanks!
two things though:

- the resonance, when cutoff is max, is still at 6khz. are you running the filter at lower sampling frequency? the resonance should be audible until around 14khz, from there gradually faded out until nyquist. IMO, 6khz is way too low in frequency... when the cutoff is completely open, in a good filter the resonance isn't heard at all.

- now that you increased the resonance, you could add a saturator within the feedback chain, or if there is one already (i think i heard one at some cutoff values), you could either lower the "threshold" of it, or simply allow for more input gain into the filter, so that the filter gets slightly fatened up...

just an idea... :)

edit:
i just tried to simulate it in kamioooka, to allow more input into the filter by chaining an amp after the osc module before the filter, and used all three inputs of the amp, and though it needs quite a bit attention, it seems to work, soundwise... the saturation curve should be improoved amongst other things, to make it sound good, but it sounds more into the direction "analog" than before...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

brok landers wrote:i just tried to simulate it in kamioooka, to allow more input into the filter by chaining an amp after the osc module before the filter, and used all three inputs of the amp, and though it needs quite a bit attention, it seems to work, soundwise... the saturation curve should be improoved amongst other things, to make it sound good, but it sounds more into the direction "analog" than before...
hmmm, agreed. It might be improved.
some65 wrote:When I work with Kamioooka Audiomulch saves the presetbank but always started with the first preset after recalling a project so I have to manually switch to the preset which is originaly used with the audiomulch project.
Thank you for the report. I have confirmed :)
That may be a differences in interpretations of standards.
I would like to investigate a little further.

Just want to say thanks for 1.0.6*

*edit: 1.0.7! :)

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

some65 wrote:I spoke to Ross Bencina (developer of audiomulch) It's a bug within audiomulch.

Here his reply: Yes this will be fixed. It is getting near to the top of the queue (currently at position 16). I need to make sure the fix actually fixes things and doesn't break anything else -- this will require a lot of testing because of the many different behaviors of different plugins. When I actually start work on this I'll ask for people to help testing it.

So you don't has to hassle with this bug. Keep on working on the fine Kamioooka.
Thank you :)
I have also found the way of avoiding the problem. though it takes a while, I will improve this in next release.

i just tried to simulate filter overdrive but was unable to do so. is it expected or i'm doing something wrong? i tried chaining a few VCA's feeding into one another, but the signal doesn't appear to be overdriven...
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”