Snow song in 15/8

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh very nice. Very nice indeed :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Nice sounds and well-composed/arranged. You've done a great job camouflaging the time signature. This track flows along very smoothly.

Good work :)

It may be easier to hear if you think of 15/8 as 4/8 + 4/8 + 3/8 + 4/8. Which is not too hard to follow, until you get to the syncopated parts and then it becomes :shock:. This could be a new genre: prog lullaby. :)

Holger: I think your songs are immaculately composed. The only weakness for me are the sounds which I find a little generic.

FrantzM wrote:It may be easier to hear if you think of 15/8 as 4/8 + 4/8 + 3/8 + 4/8. Which is not too hard to follow, until you get to the syncopated parts and then it becomes :shock:. This could be a new genre: prog lullaby. :)

Holger: I think your songs are immaculately composed. The only weakness for me are the sounds which I find a little generic.
I aligned the groups to 4/8 + 4/8 + 4/8 + 3/8 what was "natural" for me. Of course other people might be accustomed to another grouping.

The sounds, yes, the sounds. I'm working on it. This song is kind of an hommage to a DX7 I had for years and once bought because the xylophone sound was a must-have for me.

I definitely need a few good pad-sounds and some nice synths and basses. In earlier years it was a lot of fun for me to create some unique sounds. I should put some efforts in it.

I think the DX7 bells were the big draw for me. The song is very memorable, and the orchestration perfectly fit the vocals. The time signature is so smooth I didn't even notice (which is the way that songs with such time signatures should be). Great song!

Brian

bluebell wrote: I aligned the groups to 4/8 + 4/8 + 4/8 + 3/8 what was "natural" for me. Of course other people might be accustomed to another grouping.
I'm not complaining. It flows very well. Just when I try to count to 15 and hear all the beats various events are happening on, I realize how intricate this song is.

FrantzM wrote:Just when I try to count to 15 and hear all the beats various events are happening on, I realize how intricate this song is.
When the DX7-"Trumpet" plays then I switched to 7/4 :wink:

this was the best use of generic sounds i've heard on here so far!:hihi: haha but really, i enjoyed this very much. great bass and that synth trumpet was expertly modulated, vocals sat in the mix very well too. 3 thumbs up! :tu: :tu: :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Very evocative and crystal clear mixing and arrangement! While the sounds are a bit generic, they sound fantastic, so who cares :). Those high bells are so tangible. Glad I'm not the only one that likes odd timesigs.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Some technical information:
- Rosegarden (sequencing, playing audio)
- Audacity (processing audio)
- Whysynth, Hexter, Fluidsynth-DSSI (sounds) *** Hello Sean! ***
- Jamin (mastering)

I stand corrected. The sounds are good. :oops:

i'm out of my musical comfort zone here but i rather like this.
it's a really good song excellently mixed. splendid work :tu:

neil.

It felt compositionally strange to me at first , almost like its in an odd scale , which makes it sound very different to everything else around. I didnt notice the time signature once i started listening , in fact , i'd completely forgotten about it due to me trying to work out what processing was being done on the vocal...........?

The production is very clean , with well chosen sounds. Generic yes , but the arrangement makes it interesting.

2NDMOUSE wrote:i'd completely forgotten about it due to me trying to work out what processing was being done on the vocal...........?
I added the pre-reverb replacing the initial version. I simply took the first word, reversed it in time, applied a long reverb, reversed the result and put it before the first word, overlapping.

In old times with a Tascam 4 track cassette recorder we had to flip the cassette tape :)

Return to “Music Cafe”