Oriental Alien

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some Asian sounding instruments mixed with some big percussion and synth pads. The name came naturally as did the music. The main melody line and all the short/percussive sounds apart from the big drums (Damage) were made using Zapzorn Elements. The synth pads are from Hollowsun Altaerion and 130p. Feedback appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/shangsean/oriental-alien

http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/26l01i0es ... _alien.mp3

Creepy, dramatic atmosphere. Would definitely be good in a soundtrack setting. I like the percussion and bell sound, but my favourite parts are the various synth pads.

Good work :)

Good soundtracky stuff which could easily be used in a film.

The pattern with both of your pieces is they start slowly, get interesting, and then end too soon. So you may want to think about form.

Note the word "oriental" is considered offensive in American English unless you are referring to objects like rugs.

I'm not American, but I was referring to a rug.
"That rug's alive!" they cried.
"That's no rug, that's an alien!" came the reply.
Hence the title... :phew:

Good call on the form. I agree that it's something to look at, although I think this track has said all that's needed to be said in this case. I just tend to create things in little scenes and when the scene is over in my head, so is the track. I can see why you would have a problem with the form of BELOW ZERO though and it is something I want to go back to.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks also to seismic1.

Nice piece! I quite enjoyed the listen and especially +1 with Tim on the more pad like sounds. One element I found to be a bit of a disconnect with the mood the track was putting me in - the trailer toms. I found them a bit overbearing for the other parts. Could just be the vibe I was getting that clashed with them...
Image Image

interesting track. i agree that the toms could be dealt with differently - just making them sound a bit more lo-fi would probably do the trick. i really like the off-kilter atmosphere, it creates an excellent feeling of suspense.

neil.

I quite like the dramatic percussion parts :shrug:

Everything sounds clear, with the alien kind of discordant edge, interesting stuff.

Thanks for the constructive feedback. I too was unsure about the epic drums. They originally weren't so epic, but I had some issues with the original sound I had. They've grown on me though.

Thanks again.

Return to “Music Cafe”