Mind Control and Session Strings - Kontakt 5

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wonder if anyone else has tried Mind Control and Session Strings? I can set up the conditions and see the slots being selected. I can see voices generated but no sound!?!
If I don't use the multi-script I can select them normally with program change and they play fine... if I add the multi-script and create no conditions then slot 1 plays ok, but when I add one condition for layer2/slot 2 - nada... no sound.

Bummer becuase Session Strings is a great candidate for Mind Control.

cheers
Carl
Make mine 6/8.

I'm guessing that Mind Control is resetting the volume control for the other slots. I have a new version of the Mind Control script that fixes this--just email me or PM me your email address, and I'll get you the updated version.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Thank you Greg. PM sent.

And thank you for the holiday free stuff you've been putting online!

Carl
Make mine 6/8.

Great--I just sent you an email!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

And received! Thanks very much I'll give it a try tonight after work...

thanks again,

Carl
Make mine 6/8.

Woo-hoo, it works! Thanks very much.

A couple of quick small issues that are not show stoppers but headscratchers.

1. Mind Control only "sees" midi channel 1? For instance if I put the Instrument Bank on Omni and my controller is on PortA, Ch2 then things like using the keyswitch latch in Mind Control does not work, but the notes obviously get through to the instrument bank. So does Mind Control default to channel 1? If I use the built in keyboard then the keyswitches work leading me to believe you are just watching channel 1.

2. I have both K5 and K5 on my system. Mind Control in K4 was the original install and has the graphics on the interface. K5 was a manual copy/paste and seems to run fine but no graphics. Not a big deal here in Mind Control but totally whacks something like MIDIBits. Just wondering if there is a quick fix copy/paste somewhere else on the file system

Cheers Greg and thanks again for the new build!

Carl
Make mine 6/8.

carlbe wrote: 1. Mind Control only "sees" midi channel 1? For instance if I put the Instrument Bank on Omni and my controller is on PortA, Ch2 then things like using the keyswitch latch in Mind Control does not work, but the notes obviously get through to the instrument bank. So does Mind Control default to channel 1? If I use the built in keyboard then the keyswitches work leading me to believe you are just watching channel 1.
Yeah, it defaults to MIDI channel 1, although you can set the channel in Mind Control's settings page.
carlbe wrote: 2. I have both K5 and K5 on my system. Mind Control in K4 was the original install and has the graphics on the interface. K5 was a manual copy/paste and seems to run fine but no graphics.
Ah yeah--just copy the files from your "Native Instruments / Kontakt 4 / pictures" folder to "Native Instruments / Kontakt 5 / pictures". Just copy all the PNG and TXT files that begin with "MC_" in the filename.

Let me know if that works!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:...Yeah, it defaults to MIDI channel 1, although you can set the channel in Mind Control's settings page.
Hi Greg!
"Mind Control" has a "settings" page?

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”