Where are the Synapse instruments?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was looking at the current sale, but where are the plugs to buy? I can only see two VST synths, Dune and Hydra

Why is Toxic only found inside Orion :?:

Because you can buy the vst version at Image Line for $45.

:)

http://www.image-line.com/documents/toxicbio.html

Wow, I didn't realize that :o

So Orion and FL Studio, share the Wasp and the Toxic synths then?

Numanoid wrote:I was looking at the current sale, but where are the plugs to buy? I can only see two VST synths, Dune and Hydra
they are the only two still available to buy

EDIT: and EKS Pro, the drum synth

Junglist and Scorpion were given away in various magazines, along with Plucked String i think.

Toxic is different (originally by Maxx Claster??) V2 was included in Orion, then V3....Synapse updated V2 to V2.5 and i think it may have been part of the Synth Pack....not sure, never used either of them. (dont know if they still come with Orion or not, maybe 32/64 issuses)

Toxic in FL is up to V4 or 5 now isnt it, Biohazard...?

WaspXT is by Synapse and licenced to FL, not sure if they have Wasp V or not (thats the latest version)

As Krim said, you can get DUNE, Hydra and EKS Pro.

Currently none of Orion's instruments is available in VST or AU form (except Toxic and Wasp, by IL, but iirc only 32-bit). Some of the native instruments are simply getting dated, others like the DrumRack or Pro9 have unique features not realizable in a VST plugin, such as the connected step sequencer and piano roll.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard_Synapse wrote:Currently none of Orion's instruments is available in VST or AU form (except Toxic and Wasp, by IL, but iirc only 32-bit).
If one installs Orion, do the instrument install as VSTs, so if one install them to a shared VST folder, one can load them into other DAWs?

I like this kind of versatility. I managed to do this with DropZone for instance which came bundled inside SonarX2 when I installed that recently.

No

I can't remember well, but the Wasp in Orion has a knob or something else extra over the IL version.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Well it's about time the Mac version of Orion came out.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:Well it's about time the Mac version of Orion came out.
Why, so they can sell 5 more copies?

nah, stuff Mac: linux version!!!!

oi: could Synapse stop making instruments for a bit, and
get into the nitty gritty of sorting out a few little
song mode niceties in Orion?
or: i mean, could we at least have much longer patterns?!

yeah, er, sorry to change the subject, n all...
i pulled out the Atari the other day(to check it
out with its new atari-VGA cable and a flat panel :) )
and was loving the group tracks thing, and the way
you can mute parts, stuff like that.

Kriminal wrote:
I'm in. Make that 6 :D
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Kriminal wrote:
There's loads of Mac users out there. The fact is there is no pattern based host like FLStudio or Orion on OS X. It's a whole untapped market. Orion is quite minimalist as well, I bet it would even sell better on the Mac.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I would have thought that Numerology on Mac would fit the pattern based DAW bill quite well. Have always wanted to try it, but I only use PC's for music.

I have recently been getting back heavily into Orion , using it on my Win8 tablet as a musical sketchpad. In the hunt for an app that would work well on a small touch screen it fared better than any others, mainly due to its minimalist workflow/gui.

Would love to hear if Orion will getting some love in the near future. Any comments Richard? :wink:

Return to “Instruments”