Polyphonic Guitar to MIDI VST/AU "MIDI Guitar"- BETA TEST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for spreading the word, metalifuxx!
JamOrigin.com

Like us on Facebook.com/JamOrigin and follow us on Twitter @JamOrigin

This is a fantastic plugin, just what I've been looking for! :wheee:

The tracking's pretty decent...well actually really nice for a plugin, & it should save me a a lot of money on forking out for something like a Fishman TriplePlay (if its ever available for purchase). I'm very impressed with how well it tracks chording in polyphonic mode.

How long is it available at the Beta price for?

Hello

Was playing and thinking of way I could use sustain options?
I had mentioned in one of my first posts it would be nice to have different settings.

1. Sustain pedal high\pressed sustains the MIDI notes playing and will stack\add any new notes played while the pedal is high (how normal synth sustain works). Release all MIDI notes with pedal low.

2. Sustain pedal high\pressed sustains all MIDI notes playing and will Not play any new MIDI notes while held. Nice for synth pads while still being able to play through an amp-sim while the pad sustains. Release all MIDI notes with pedal low.

and another

3. Sustain pedal high\pressed sustains the MIDI notes playing and will let new MIDI notes to be played with no sustain. Would be fun to play a synth pad chord sustained and be able to play a synth lead over the sustained chord. Release all MIDI notes with pedal low.

No need to assign a MIDI CC# to the control on MIDIGuitar just make it able to map to any CC#, as all but #1 mentioned above will have to happen in MIDIGuitar not using the synths internal CC#64 for sustain.

Not asking for this now (please continue on the tracking its coming along very well) just wanted to write it down before I forgot to mention.

BTW v0.5.0 no longer gives me double triggers on high B,E strings with quick release. Great job on the gate release.

Joe

jdt wrote:Again now with version 5.2, I am unable to change the individual Pitch Sensitivity faders, even when creating a new preset. The Master Sensitivity fader as well as, the E2 and D#6 are moveable and effect the rest of the levels,but all other buttons are grayed out, except one of my previously saved presets, which I can adjust all level seperately. Strange. :?

Everything else seems to work fine,but this is consistent in both standalone and VST instances.
Bump. :help:
Musical Style: Psychotic Northwoods Basement Trash

Peevy2000 wrote:This is a fantastic plugin, just what I've been looking for! :wheee:

The tracking's pretty decent...well actually really nice for a plugin, & it should save me a a lot of money on forking out for something like a Fishman TriplePlay (if its ever available for purchase). I'm very impressed with how well it tracks chording in polyphonic mode.

How long is it available at the Beta price for?
Thanks!
Discount is available throughout December, maybe longer.
FrettedSynth wrote:Hello

Was playing and thinking of way I could use sustain options?
I had mentioned in one of my first posts it would be nice to have different settings.

1. Sustain pedal high\pressed sustains the MIDI notes playing and will stack\add any new notes played while the pedal is high (how normal synth sustain works). Release all MIDI notes with pedal low.

2. Sustain pedal high\pressed sustains all MIDI notes playing and will Not play any new MIDI notes while held. Nice for synth pads while still being able to play through an amp-sim while the pad sustains. Release all MIDI notes with pedal low.

and another

3. Sustain pedal high\pressed sustains the MIDI notes playing and will let new MIDI notes to be played with no sustain. Would be fun to play a synth pad chord sustained and be able to play a synth lead over the sustained chord. Release all MIDI notes with pedal low.

No need to assign a MIDI CC# to the control on MIDIGuitar just make it able to map to any CC#, as all but #1 mentioned above will have to happen in MIDIGuitar not using the synths internal CC#64 for sustain.

Not asking for this now (please continue on the tracking its coming along very well) just wanted to write it down before I forgot to mention.

BTW v0.5.0 no longer gives me double triggers on high B,E strings with quick release. Great job on the gate release.

Joe
Very nice sustain ideas! 2. is brilliant for layering pads with guitar! We thought of 3 also - but this all makes sense. Put on todo list.

jdt wrote:
jdt wrote:Again now with version 5.2, I am unable to change the individual Pitch Sensitivity faders, even when creating a new preset. The Master Sensitivity fader as well as, the E2 and D#6 are moveable and effect the rest of the levels,but all other buttons are grayed out, except one of my previously saved presets, which I can adjust all level seperately. Strange. :?

Everything else seems to work fine,but this is consistent in both standalone and VST instances.
Bump. :help:
Sorry, jdt, forgot to reply. You need to click the small grey buttons to activate a slider. Perhaps it would be easier if the slider activated also by dragging it?
JamOrigin.com

That's crazy!! Seriously, I clicked everything on that page EXCEPT those little buttons under the faders. :dog:

Thanks again, Jamorigin.
Musical Style: Psychotic Northwoods Basement Trash

Thanks!
Is it available for early buying? (I mean the PC/plugin version). The link in the product page does not take me anywhere.
If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kick-boxing.

cimoc wrote:
Thanks!
Is it available for early buying? (I mean the PC/plugin version). The link in the product page does not take me anywhere.
Thanks. Page has been updated. The download is here:
http://www.jamorigin.com/midi-guitar/vst.html

Anybody saw this awesome MIDI Guitar performance by Paul Driessen?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygyRpEgbqY4
JamOrigin.com

On some hosts it is not possible to record the midi output in real time due to routing restrictions. Would it be possible to have a midi dump function which stores the midi information of the track that has just been played and exports it as a midi file? This is done in jamstix and works very well. The midi file would not be very big, and could be erased when the track is restarted, ready for the next one.
Or even better, store up to say 5 midi files to facilitate comping later on. :) That way any missed notes could maybe be reconstructed.

sheldrakes wrote:On some hosts it is not possible to record the midi output in real time due to routing restrictions. Would it be possible to have a midi dump function which stores the midi information of the track that has just been played and exports it as a midi file? This is done in jamstix and works very well. The midi file would not be very big, and could be erased when the track is restarted, ready for the next one.
Or even better, store up to say 5 midi files to facilitate comping later on. :) That way any missed notes could maybe be reconstructed.
Yes, thanks for reminding me about this again!

Here internally we have a function that turn on/off both audio and midi recording. Right now we just store .wav and .mid files in a special folder and the files are named by their timestamp. Is it convenient that it delete older files for you?

The problem we have is that we store time stamps of midi events in SMPTE absolute time format. But it seems that Reaper and Studio One at least, mess up when we import the SMPTE midi file. Anybody have experience with this?
JamOrigin.com

JamOrigin wrote:
Yes, thanks for reminding me about this again!

Here internally we have a function that turn on/off both audio and midi recording. Right now we just store .wav and .mid files in a special folder and the files are named by their timestamp. Is it convenient that it delete older files for you?
It would be nice to be able to set the number of files to be stored, with a default of 5 or something like that.

JamOrigin wrote: The problem we have is that we store time stamps of midi events in SMPTE absolute time format. But it seems that Reaper and Studio One at least, mess up when we import the SMPTE midi file. Anybody have experience with this?
MultitrackStudio itself creates SMPTE MIDI files by default, so that should work.

I check this thread for updates about 500 times a day :) :oops:

Me too :lol:

sheldrakes wrote:Me too :lol:
:hug:

memyselfandus wrote:I check this thread for updates about 500 times a day :) :oops:
same here :shock:

Return to “Instruments”