Worst DAW with a bad workflow is who?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Was interested to know what daw has the worst workflow in terms of sequencing your songs. I mean a daw where there is too much clicking with the mouse etc. I don't know if features or workflow is more important to you. If you had to pick a daw with the worst workflow, what would you pick? You know a daw where it maybe be suited for mixing/recording but not for production purposes.

I strongly advise you to seat comfortably, put your feet up, and prepare some popcorn... it's gonna be one of those threads...
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

i wouldn't know if it says something about the daw or the user.

soundmonitor 1
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:soundmonitor 1
You nuts, that was most awesome. Easier than making music in the source code and compile every time:
.byt $01,$4d,$01,$4a,$01,$4f,$01,$4d...
Cowbells!

Until you've learned all the useful key commands, they all are.

Except for Live because it doesn't have enough key commands (unlike Logic which has Ctrl-Option-Apple-Shift-W mapped to "move next 13 blocks one step left, do a little dance and then crash with save option").

flamebait... smell of thread lock.

ms paint. such a terrible DAW, been fiddling with it for 3 hours and I still can't get it to make a sound.

My i486, back in, oh, must have been around 1992 or so. Horrible DAW. Good for chiptunes, though, but hopeless with everything else.

ariston wrote:My i486, back in, oh, must have been around 1992 or so. Horrible DAW. Good for chiptunes, though, but hopeless with everything else.
Great answer, sir.

I've used to run my first tracker on 386, which is terrible DAW too, no usb or firewire or even PCI slot for decent audio interface.

Nothing wrong with AdLib/OPL sound from back in the PC XT days :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEb5vJwYn-c
Cowbells!

What's your purposes of getting opinions on DAWs with the worst workflow? Trying to avoid those when deciding which one you are gonna use?
I'd rather ask for DAW's with a GOOD workflow instead. Otherwise it'll merely be a flame thread you started just for fun, which isn't nice for mentioned DAW-vendors nor KVRaudio.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

toby wrote:ms paint. such a terrible DAW, been fiddling with it for 3 hours and I still can't get it to make a sound.
:hihi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

toby wrote:ms paint. such a terrible DAW, been fiddling with it for 3 hours and I still can't get it to make a sound.
just drop the fiddlings into Harmor...
It should help :P :hihi:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

The one that doesn't work for me.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”