Toontrack NY Studios 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=141

I'm not terribly interested but I find it somewhat strange that there is a 3rd when I thought they were closing one or both of those studios. I dunno, my memory isn't very good so maybe I misheard that info way back in the day.
Last edited by hibidy on Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

The demos sound, I like the tuning, especially the kick.

They closed both the studios New York 1 and 2 were recorded in, this is recorded in the same studio as the library that comes with SD2 is recorded in... not sure why they thought they needed to do that.

That's the question. It's been a while since they recorded the sounds. They had these and then decided "oh we have more, let's not let them go to waste?"

But yeah, the sound examples sound good. My issues with TT stuff these days is if you buy it, it's devalued REALLY instantly. This makes for a tough purchase. If for some reason it's not what you want, you have to sell it at next to nothing.

... I probably would like them to do another metal one with a different drummer and producer, or an SDX of the rock solid one... I suppose they will, but to be honest, how many do you need? I've got metal foundry, the first New York one and obviously the library that comes with it, and well.. I'm pretty satisfied with that lot, I don't get excited about new SDX's any more :shrug:

hibidy wrote:That's the question. It's been a while since they recorded the sounds. They had these and then decided "oh we have more, let's not let them go to waste?"

But yeah, the sound examples sound good. My issues with TT stuff these days is if you buy it, it's devalued REALLY instantly. This makes for a tough purchase. If for some reason it's not what you want, you have to sell it at next to nothing.
No, I believe these are new recordings, this studio didn't close, I suppose they just need to keep releasing fresh products and decided to do another one there... I suppose.

an-electric-heart wrote:I probably would like them to do another metal one with a different drummer and producer
Good luck with that... November was Toontrack's "Metal Month", and all they brought out was a Pop-Rock EZX for EZ Drummer, a MIDI pack taken from that Pop-Rock EZX set, and then some SD2 and EZmix Presets.

I, too, had hoped for a new metal-ish SDX, especially as they were advertising that something rrrreally great would be published during that "Metal Month"... but well... I guess a Pop-Rock EZX is "metal" enough for the masses.
Very disappointing, somehow.

About the NY Studios 3... does one really want that?
Is it so much better or different or special than the Avatar or the NYS2 kit?
I remember getting the NY Studios 2 and thinking "hm, why exactly did I pay for this?", so I'm a little wary there.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

chokehold wrote:
an-electric-heart wrote:I probably would like them to do another metal one with a different drummer and producer
Good luck with that... November was Toontrack's "Metal Month", and all they brought out was a Pop-Rock EZX for EZ Drummer, a MIDI pack taken from that Pop-Rock EZX set, and then some SD2 and EZmix Presets.

I, too, had hoped for a new metal-ish SDX, especially as they were advertising that something rrrreally great would be published during that "Metal Month"... but well... I guess a Pop-Rock EZX is "metal" enough for the masses.

I remember getting the NY Studios 2 and thinking "hm, why exactly did I pay for this?", so I'm a little wary there.
I was kind of hoping for a John Tempesta SDX, I love White Zombie... but yeah, no such luck, I like the roomy'ness of the hit factory kit, but still wind up using metal foundry pretty much exclusively... and I don't even make metal! it's just the best and biggest "rock" library they've done... in my opinion of course :hihi:

an-electric-heart wrote:
hibidy wrote:That's the question. It's been a while since they recorded the sounds. They had these and then decided "oh we have more, let's not let them go to waste?"

No, I believe these are new recordings, this studio didn't close, I suppose they just need to keep releasing fresh products and decided to do another one there... I suppose.
The recordings are from May 2006.
The presets are new.

Smedberg wrote:
an-electric-heart wrote:

The recordings are from May 2006.
The presets are new.
Oh wow!... I stand corrected :hihi:

an-electric-heart wrote:
chokehold wrote:

I was kind of hoping for a John Tempesta SDX, I love White Zombie... but yeah, no such luck, I like the roomy'ness of the hit factory kit, but still wind up using metal foundry pretty much exclusively... and I don't even make metal! it's just the best and biggest "rock" library they've done... in my opinion of course :hihi:
Agree chokehold I was really damned pissed off with some ex-nicklefag drummer doing a kit for 'Metal Month'. The toms sounded good but I just refuse to buy anything to do with such a crock of shite band period. It was/is my birthday in november also so was wanting something along what you mentioned an-electric-heart, There are plenty of greats out there that I'm sure would of gone for it:
Paul Bostoph would of been ace, Like the original Metal Foundry they could of got 3 of the thrash legends in...with dare I say Dave Lombardo as the third man/first man. Now THAT would of been/would be killer. Alas I could keep going on about what could of been and whos kits I want :cry:

Best to you both and to all as always

Dean

The metal ezx's sound cool, but there are not enough hits. An SDX of metal machines would be awesome!

bill45 wrote:The metal ezx's sound cool, but there are not enough hits. An SDX of metal machines would be awesome!
Well yeah, I wouldn't use an EZ drummer library, and metal machines as it stands sounds too pre-processed, I'd like a Metal Machines SDX that's completely dry, having said that, it might still be coming, they may have done an SDX at the same time but the the EZDrummer one was released way earlier because there was obviously way less work involved... here's hoping.

So, does anybody here have the NY Studios 3 SDX? NY Studios vol2 is my favorite SDX and I'm wondering how the new one compares to it, or the factory library. Audiodeluxe has a good deal on Vol3 right now - the 15% discount brings it to about $110.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Return to “Instruments”