What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Phrazor Update 1.03

BERFAB
KVRAF

5371 posts since 25 Mar, 2004

Postby BERFAB; Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:07 pm

I would suggest you read the entire thread... :scared:
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...
mellotronaut
KVRAF

9984 posts since 2 Jan, 2005, from somewhere in the woods

Postby mellotronaut; Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:16 pm

migsoundlabo wrote:HI
I've just discovered phrazor and I'd like to buy it but it actually impossible to find the right link.
could somebody of sonicbytes help me where to find the unlimited version of this soft ans by it.
This soft is really what I was looking for for ages.
Best regards, MIGSOUNDLABO
SONICBYTES wrote:Hi,

registered users can download v1.03 at: http://www.sonicbytes.com/phrazor/full/download.html

This is mainly a bugfix update:

Fixed
  • VST plugin editors could stay open when closing Phrazor window
  • Browser tree always collapsed after save
  • PDF Manual now has proper TOC
New
  • Drag AUDIO allows dragging audio loops to host/explorer on the fly

The Drag AUDIO button in the project view simplifies rendering and import sample in a host, it works like that:
1. Click (and hold button) initiates rendering
2. Drag to your host or any other drag-wav-to-capable application

So it's nothing big but quite useful for using Phrazor as a loop factory :-) Because of the automatic rendering it's recommended to render only a few bars.

Ok, when comes the next real update - what's going on behind the doors?

Currently I'm working on 3 projects, means Phrazor, ERA3/Quickstep and another secret one. Therefore things seem to proceed more slowly than usual. I cannot tell you a date for the next release yet, please be patient... it's worth ;-)

Some ERA3 innovations to make you curious :D
  • 32 Steps
  • Polyphony
  • Pianoroll like step entry
  • 24 Drumpads
  • Realtime sequence morphing (XY controllable)
  • Scales and force-to-scale mode
  • Drag MIDI from/to host
  • Completely rewritten and a new GUI

Cheers
Holger

Phrazor is legacy now, because Holger works for Native Instruments now and is part of the Kore-dev. team.
"It dreamed itself along"
Al Magnifico
KVRist

261 posts since 16 Jan, 2003, from Dresden, Germany

Postby Al Magnifico; Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:48 pm

but AFAIK you still can buy it as is via the share-it link on sonicbytes.com. I even think that's the whole reason why this domain/site is still up anyway! Remember: All other sonicbytes products are sold by sugarbytes. Why should Holger pay domain and webspace when this was not intended any more. I think, it is fully automated...maybe behind the back of NI. Remember, you can buy it by credit card and have at least two weeks to get your download login pasword. If nothing happens, cancel your payment.

Phrazor is legacy now, because Holger works for Native Instruments now and is part of the Kore-dev. team.

:cry: :cry: :cry: Cruel world! I checked KORE2 recently and IT DID NOT MADE IT!!! Why the hell it has no real seqencer? only monophonic...I want my phrazor 2! with audio-loops, and slices, and glitch-less audio and graphical routing and automateable VST parameters and mixer... :cry: :cry: :cry: I promise: If I win the jackpot in a raffle I buy him back from NI

Ok :wink: back to work now
Disclaimer: This post is not meant to insult or attack anyone. All terms that can be considered as patronising, antagonistic, rude or even arrogant and snide are a mere result of my limited abilities of the english language.
JamminFool
KVRAF

1666 posts since 16 Apr, 2004

Postby JamminFool; Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:59 pm

hi al,

yes, i too tried kore2. it is no phrazor, that's for sure.

i really miss the development of phrazor. still my favorite tool for getting ideas flowing... :love:
C-note
KVRian

1456 posts since 2 Apr, 2006, from Studio City, California

Postby C-note; Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:06 pm

Al Magnifico wrote:but AFAIK you still can buy it as is via the share-it link on sonicbytes.com. I even think that's the whole reason why this domain/site is still up anyway! Remember: All other sonicbytes products are sold by sugarbytes. Why should Holger pay domain and webspace when this was not intended any more. I think, it is fully automated...maybe behind the back of NI. Remember, you can buy it by credit card and have at least two weeks to get your download login pasword. If nothing happens, cancel your payment.

:cry: :cry: :cry: Cruel world! I checked KORE2 recently and IT DID NOT MADE IT!!! Why the hell it has no real seqencer? only monophonic...I want my phrazor 2! with audio-loops, and slices, and glitch-less audio and graphical routing and automateable VST parameters and mixer... :cry: :cry: :cry: I promise: If I win the jackpot in a raffle I buy him back from NI

Ok :wink: back to work now

:lol:
I still use Phrazor Al, even though I have KORE 2. In theory KORE 2 should be way better but it's not there yet. Workflow to slow, DB too slow (chokes on my 500,000 midi files - Phrazor doesn't). My hope was that KORE 2 would have a quick usable seqhencer like Phrazor but also handle non 4/4 time sigs. Oh well...KORE 2 does work on many levels and a lot better than KORE 1 but...

Cheers,

C
bobbybland
Banned

Postby bobbybland; Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:56 pm

So whatever happened to the developer? Kore got killed, so where does this now leave this product?
C-note
KVRian

1456 posts since 2 Apr, 2006, from Studio City, California

Postby C-note; Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:32 am

bobbybland wrote:So whatever happened to the developer? Kore got killed, so where does this now leave this product?

Haven't heard what Holger is doing - at still at NI AFIK. I still use Phrazor on Win 7/8 and 1.3 is a fully functioning demo. It would be so cool if Holger would re-start Phrazor development as there still is nothing like it.

Cheers,

C
bobbybland
Banned

Postby bobbybland; Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Where can one find the 1.3 demo?
liquidsound
KVRAF

2480 posts since 30 May, 2006, from US / Italy

Postby liquidsound; Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:32 pm

bobbybland wrote:Where can one find the 1.3 demo?

This was the last public beta few months before release of v1.3 afaik.
http://www.gersic.com/plugins/index.php ... t&action=1

And the demo here:
http://www.sonicbytes.com/phrazor/phrazor.htm
MuLab & MUX, Zebra-Bazille-ACE-Diva-Diversion-Spire-Dune2-Xils4-Aalto-Imposcar2-Serum-Synthmaster-Alchemy
ENV1
KVRian

973 posts since 31 Aug, 2011

Postby ENV1; Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:54 pm

C-note wrote:...1.3 is a fully functioning demo.

Hardly...

bobbybland wrote:Where can one find the 1.3 demo?

Here

(Note that the download link says 'Demo 1.03', but everything in the installer and Phrazor itself says '1.02')

However, since this Demo is clearly not fully functional, downloading it is pretty pointless. If you want something you can actually work with then Preview7 as posted at GERSIC is your best choice. (Unless of course you can obtain one of the later still-free Previews, but AFAIK thats not possible anymore.)
bobbybland
Banned

Postby bobbybland; Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:23 am

This plugin is amazing, omg what the hell was the reason NI pulled him away from this again? Sorry,but the way this guy see's things, he could do well enough without NI. This is really a forward thinking app, n I hope he continues to develop it. Can't believe it took me so long to find it.

Amazing plugin.
HunterKiller
KVRAF

1533 posts since 9 Mar, 2006, from Sydney, Australia

Postby HunterKiller; Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:56 am

ERA 3 definitely deserves to live!
“Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.” - Paul Brandt
Previous

Return to SONICBYTES