F**k it... I'm starting thread about this! RESULT!!!!!!!!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Edit: Just received an email from them with a serial and a download link, no further questions, and a "We apologize for the inconvenience"... so yeah, I'm pretty happy :D

I (well kind of) bought Rapture from the Cakewalk about 3-4 weeks ago now while it was $20, went through the shop process, used paypal, received an email receipt from paypal, according to my bank balance and bank statement the money went to them... but low and behold never actually got an email from them, nor is a Rapture serial or download in my Cakewalk account.

When I go back to the Cakewalk site Rapture is still sitting in my shopping cart and there is my sign of any "order" anywhere.

I've gone through there support process twice now (well tried to, you see you need to enter a serial before proceeding, I enter the order number on my paypal receipt) to send 2 emails about this ... but as of yet no response!

... I'm f**King annoyed! :tantrum:

(I'm making this public because I don't know what else to do, I'll edit if I'm out of line in any way)
Last edited by an-electric-heart on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

You've got every right to be annoyed and frustrated.

It surprises me that Cakewalk doesn't step up, especially if you've given them copies of your emails and receipts.

But PayPal is also able to work it out from their end as well. If you get stiffed by the sellar, I believe PayPal can get their attention, so that they try to resolve the problem quickly. If you haven't already, definitely get them involved.

Good luck.
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:You've got every right to be annoyed and frustrated.

It surprises me that Cakewalk doesn't step up, especially if you've given them copies of your emails and receipts.

But PayPal is also able to work it out from their end as well. If you get stiffed by the sellar, I believe PayPal can get their attention, so that they try to resolve the problem quickly. If you haven't already, definitely get them involved.

Good luck.
-B
Ah, cheers, believe it or not the thought of contacting Paypal hadn't entered my mind :hihi:

... still, I'd much rather of just got the synth' than a refund.

I'm guessing that they're not even receiving my emails because I've got no serial to enter in their support form thingy... but that's the only contact they've got as far as I can see.

I just got a response to a tech support question like 6 weeks later. They are slow. I personally believe they will sort it, but that isn't going to make you feel better until they do :(

hibidy wrote:I just got a response to a tech support question like 6 weeks later. They are slow. I personally believe they will sort it, but that isn't going to make you feel better until they do :(
Well that's actually good news, so it may take six weeks? it says it could take 7 working days or something on the site, maybe they're backed up? I believe a lot of people were having installation issues?

I didn't NEEEEEEEED Rapture, I just thought I'd grab it while it was on special... $20 is $20 though, it's not a fortune... but it's not nothing.

I suppose I just wanted to see if anyone else had had this issue and got it sorted.
Last edited by an-electric-heart on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

an-electric-heart wrote:
hibidy wrote:I just got a response to a tech support question like 6 weeks later. They are slow. I personally believe they will sort it, but that isn't going to make you feel better until they do :(
Well that's actually good news, so it may take six weeks? it says it could take 7 working days or something on the site, maybe they're backed up? I believe a lot of people were having installation issues?

I didn't NEEEEEEEED Rapture, I just thought I'd grab it while it was on special... $20 is $20 though, it's not a fortune... but it's not nothing.

I suppose I just wanted to see if anyone else had dad this issue and got it sorted.
They have. The Estore is notorious for picking on people :hihi: I'd suggest making a post at cake too (though I have no clue what their holiday schedule is)

The TH2 upgrade thing got me, but it was nowhere near as long as you have waited.

Once again though you know, there seem's to be a whole different set of rules in the online retail world, some companies are great, they get you sorted within a couple of days... but six weeks to acknowledge a question from one of you customers?!... totally unacceptable... get more staff.

DELETED

an-electric-heart wrote:Once again though you know, there seem's to be a whole different set of rules in the online retail world, some companies are great, they get you sorted within a couple of days... but six weeks to acknowledge a question from one of you customers?!... totally unacceptable... get more staff.
I couldn't agree more.

michi_mak wrote:
an-electric-heart wrote:Once again though you know, there seem's to be a whole different set of rules in the online retail world, some companies are great, they get you sorted within a couple of days... but six weeks to acknowledge a question from one of you customers?!... totally unacceptable... get more staff.
don't buy Cakewalk products! action is still louder than words...
Well, I kind of don't, the only other thing I've got is an old audiomidi no brainer that I don't really use, "dimension le" it's called or something maybe?

DELETED

Just so you know ...

http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/log ... rders.aspx
Current Users

We have 3 different stores. It is important that you sign in to the correct store, otherwise we will not find an account for you.

You are trying to sign in to the USD store. If this isn't correct, please choose your region now.

Regions:

United States (USD)

GBP

Europe (EUR)

Other (USD)
I had a problem with Cakewalk Tech Support not seeing my details a long time ago. It was for the above reason I believe.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

There is a time limit on Paypal chargebacks so best to start now. Even if it goes to refund that wouldn't stop you ordering again afterwards.

Aloysius wrote:Just so you know ...

http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/log ... rders.aspx
Current Users

We have 3 different stores. It is important that you sign in to the correct store, otherwise we will not find an account for you.

You are trying to sign in to the USD store. If this isn't correct, please choose your region now.

Regions:

United States (USD)

GBP

Europe (EUR)

Other (USD)
I had a problem with Cakewalk Tech Support not seeing my details a long time ago. It was for the above reason I believe.
Weird, I didn't realise they had "three different stores", I'm looking at it now, maybe I went U.S$ in the U.S, instead of U.S$ outside the U.S... sounds un-necessarily complex, can't see why it matters for downloadable software.

I bought Rapture directly from Cakewalk in the Black Friday sales too, and received it pretty much straight away.

It doesn't necessarily mean that they are bad folk or don't care. Sometimes things can just go wrong with orders and online processes. :shrug:

Anyway I hope you get it sorted soon. Rapture is such a great program, especially for the little 20 bucks it cost me.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”