a (free) plugin to narrow a bright signal?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i got some vocals which sound very bright, is it possible (with keeping the mono compatibility without phasing) to narrow it a bit down? not to full mono but lets say from 100% brightness to 70% as an example.

edit: nevermind
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

i'm not sure i understand what the OP meant... but maybe something like REAPER's "width" knob? any decent DAW should have dual panning...
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Caine123 wrote:i got some vocals which sound very bright, is it possible (with keeping the mono compatibility without phasing) to narrow it a bit down? not to full mono but lets say from 100% brightness to 70% as an example.
i think you are using the wrong terms

try again with simpler sentences
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Thats what an equalizer is for.

Use a notch filter to take some of the edge out while not effecting the rest.

Also a DeEsser can do this.

T-RackS Custom Shop. It's a free download that includes a free analog modeled six-band parametric EQ, plus metering. Hi cut and hi shelf should do the trick for you. There is also a Linear Phase EQ that you can add through the Custom Shop.

Caine123 wrote:i got some vocals which sound very bright, is it possible (with keeping the mono compatibility without phasing) to narrow it a bit down? not to full mono but lets say from 100% brightness to 70% as an example.
Yeah, like the others say, I don't understand, how on earth did you get your vocals in stereo in the first place?! ... yet alone too wide?! is it a double tracked acapella or something?

what relationship are we supposed to recognise between 'brightness' and 'mono' ??
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
what relationship are we supposed to recognise between 'brightness' and 'mono' ??
Brightness = mono * fish

Simples.

Solution: use fewer fish.

Gamma-UT wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Brightness = mono * fish

Simples.

Solution: use fewer fish.

What ?
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Return to “Effects”