Cubasis for iPad arrives...

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Leslie on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

DELETED

Nice $50 toy for you. I'll stick with my big Cubase, thanks.

It is brilliant! I use Notion iPad for composing. And with musicxml export I can use it in Finale and Sibelius!

And now I can work on cubase projects on the go. Does anyone know what you can do in the midi-editor? Precise editing (timing)? Controller editing? Groove quantise?

The promotion video of Cubasis iPad is, again, dreadful.

Curious. I wonder how much shared code they're using. Is this a market filling product that will be quickly abandoned when it doesn't make them huge amounts of extra profit or an actual long term product branch that will see continual maintenance and updates?

No dongle? :hihi:

If this thing can sequence external MIDI synths, I'd be curious to try it for that. A full MIDI sequencer on iPad is of interest to me. But I'm not a fan of Steinberg in general.

Hmm...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

kiezum wrote: The promotion video of Cubasis iPad is, again, dreadful.
Oh dear... They really need to get a new marketing team, that's just embarrassingly bad. Particularly the bit where the token woman comes and hands him the ipad (face palm)

App looks cool though... As a cubase daw user the familiar interface is a big draw for me. Leslie.. What are the effects and sounds like? Also curious about importing cubase projects into the iPad.. Would this just be through iTunes file sharing?

I would have been getting my credit card out already if it had Audiobus support..

No MIDI clock ? At least clock out to control hw instruments would have been nice.

michi_mak wrote:no AudioBus support?
Hi Michi_mak,

We have AudioBus on the top 5 of our feature request list. We definitely want to support it as we support other standards such as AudioCopy/AudioPaste. :)
Carlos M. Rohde
Cubase product marketing manager at Steinberg
Hamburg, Germany
www.steinberg.net

Jace-BeOS wrote:Is this a market filling product that will be quickly abandoned when it doesn't make them huge amounts of extra profit or an actual long term product branch that will see continual maintenance and updates?

If this thing can sequence external MIDI synths, I'd be curious to try it for that. A full MIDI sequencer on iPad is of interest to me.
Hi Jace-BeOS,

As this is our flagship iOS product we plan continual maintenances and updates!
Yes, you can sequence external MIDI synths using supported hardware interfaces. :)
Carlos M. Rohde
Cubase product marketing manager at Steinberg
Hamburg, Germany
www.steinberg.net

Is it possible to edit volume/pan automation etc. for audio tracks?

Seems there is only fade in/out, nothing more? A bit too simple for a supposed DAW?

crohde wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:Is this a market filling product that will be quickly abandoned when it doesn't make them huge amounts of extra profit or an actual long term product branch that will see continual maintenance and updates?

If this thing can sequence external MIDI synths, I'd be curious to try it for that. A full MIDI sequencer on iPad is of interest to me.
Hi Jace-BeOS,

As this is our flagship iOS product we plan continual maintenances and updates!
Yes, you can sequence external MIDI synths using supported hardware interfaces. :)
Nice. How about the Cubase iC and the Mac SKI Remote updates that are delayed 45358349 months?

From the Steinberg website :-

Mixer with over 10 effect processors

Sooooooooo, 11? :?

Thanks for the response about external MIDI devices Carlos :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Are there any plans for this to function as a Cubase controller?

Is I-Pad the new dongle? :):):)

- Mario

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”