What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Toontrack NY Studios 3

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

hibidy
KVRAF
 
40426 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:32 pm Toontrack NY Studios 3

http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=141

I'm not terribly interested but I find it somewhat strange that there is a 3rd when I thought they were closing one or both of those studios. I dunno, my memory isn't very good so maybe I misheard that info way back in the day.
bill45
KVRian
 
1313 posts since 14 Jun, 2006

Postby bill45; Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:07 pm

The demos sound, I like the tuning, especially the kick.
User avatar
an-electric-heart
KVRian
 
1247 posts since 13 Jun, 2008, from Napier,New Zealand

Postby an-electric-heart; Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:16 pm

They closed both the studios New York 1 and 2 were recorded in, this is recorded in the same studio as the library that comes with SD2 is recorded in... not sure why they thought they needed to do that.
hibidy
KVRAF
 
40426 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:22 pm

That's the question. It's been a while since they recorded the sounds. They had these and then decided "oh we have more, let's not let them go to waste?"

But yeah, the sound examples sound good. My issues with TT stuff these days is if you buy it, it's devalued REALLY instantly. This makes for a tough purchase. If for some reason it's not what you want, you have to sell it at next to nothing.
User avatar
an-electric-heart
KVRian
 
1247 posts since 13 Jun, 2008, from Napier,New Zealand

Postby an-electric-heart; Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:27 pm

... I probably would like them to do another metal one with a different drummer and producer, or an SDX of the rock solid one... I suppose they will, but to be honest, how many do you need? I've got metal foundry, the first New York one and obviously the library that comes with it, and well.. I'm pretty satisfied with that lot, I don't get excited about new SDX's any more :shrug:
User avatar
an-electric-heart
KVRian
 
1247 posts since 13 Jun, 2008, from Napier,New Zealand

Postby an-electric-heart; Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:31 pm

hibidy wrote:That's the question. It's been a while since they recorded the sounds. They had these and then decided "oh we have more, let's not let them go to waste?"

But yeah, the sound examples sound good. My issues with TT stuff these days is if you buy it, it's devalued REALLY instantly. This makes for a tough purchase. If for some reason it's not what you want, you have to sell it at next to nothing.


No, I believe these are new recordings, this studio didn't close, I suppose they just need to keep releasing fresh products and decided to do another one there... I suppose.
User avatar
chokehold
KVRAF
 
1917 posts since 10 Oct, 2007, from Almanya

Postby chokehold; Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:01 am

an-electric-heart wrote:I probably would like them to do another metal one with a different drummer and producer

Good luck with that... November was Toontrack's "Metal Month", and all they brought out was a Pop-Rock EZX for EZ Drummer, a MIDI pack taken from that Pop-Rock EZX set, and then some SD2 and EZmix Presets.

I, too, had hoped for a new metal-ish SDX, especially as they were advertising that something rrrreally great would be published during that "Metal Month"... but well... I guess a Pop-Rock EZX is "metal" enough for the masses.
Very disappointing, somehow.

About the NY Studios 3... does one really want that?
Is it so much better or different or special than the Avatar or the NYS2 kit?
I remember getting the NY Studios 2 and thinking "hm, why exactly did I pay for this?", so I'm a little wary there.
User avatar
an-electric-heart
KVRian
 
1247 posts since 13 Jun, 2008, from Napier,New Zealand

Postby an-electric-heart; Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:08 am

chokehold wrote:
an-electric-heart wrote:I probably would like them to do another metal one with a different drummer and producer

Good luck with that... November was Toontrack's "Metal Month", and all they brought out was a Pop-Rock EZX for EZ Drummer, a MIDI pack taken from that Pop-Rock EZX set, and then some SD2 and EZmix Presets.

I, too, had hoped for a new metal-ish SDX, especially as they were advertising that something rrrreally great would be published during that "Metal Month"... but well... I guess a Pop-Rock EZX is "metal" enough for the masses.
Very disappointing, somehow.

About the NY Studios 3... does one really want that?
Is it so much better or different or special than the Avatar or the NYS2 kit?
I remember getting the NY Studios 2 and thinking "hm, why exactly did I pay for this?", so I'm a little wary there.


I was kind of hoping for a John Tempesta SDX, I love White Zombie... but yeah, no such luck, I like the roomy'ness of the hit factory kit, but still wind up using metal foundry pretty much exclusively... and I don't even make metal! it's just the best and biggest "rock" library they've done... in my opinion of course :hihi:
User avatar
Smedberg
KVRist
 
77 posts since 9 May, 2012, from Sverige

Postby Smedberg; Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:49 am

an-electric-heart wrote:
hibidy wrote:That's the question. It's been a while since they recorded the sounds. They had these and then decided "oh we have more, let's not let them go to waste?"

But yeah, the sound examples sound good. My issues with TT stuff these days is if you buy it, it's devalued REALLY instantly. This makes for a tough purchase. If for some reason it's not what you want, you have to sell it at next to nothing.


No, I believe these are new recordings, this studio didn't close, I suppose they just need to keep releasing fresh products and decided to do another one there... I suppose.


The recordings are from May 2006.
The presets are new.
User avatar
an-electric-heart
KVRian
 
1247 posts since 13 Jun, 2008, from Napier,New Zealand

Postby an-electric-heart; Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:09 pm

Smedberg wrote:
an-electric-heart wrote:
hibidy wrote:That's the question. It's been a while since they recorded the sounds. They had these and then decided "oh we have more, let's not let them go to waste?"

But yeah, the sound examples sound good. My issues with TT stuff these days is if you buy it, it's devalued REALLY instantly. This makes for a tough purchase. If for some reason it's not what you want, you have to sell it at next to nothing.


No, I believe these are new recordings, this studio didn't close, I suppose they just need to keep releasing fresh products and decided to do another one there... I suppose.


The recordings are from May 2006.
The presets are new.


Oh wow!... I stand corrected :hihi:
User avatar
Dean Aka Nekro
KVRAF
 
6088 posts since 4 Oct, 2007, from A shitty little village that I will re-escape soon

Postby Dean Aka Nekro; Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:46 pm

an-electric-heart wrote:
chokehold wrote:
an-electric-heart wrote:I probably would like them to do another metal one with a different drummer and producer

Good luck with that... November was Toontrack's "Metal Month", and all they brought out was a Pop-Rock EZX for EZ Drummer, a MIDI pack taken from that Pop-Rock EZX set, and then some SD2 and EZmix Presets.

I, too, had hoped for a new metal-ish SDX, especially as they were advertising that something rrrreally great would be published during that "Metal Month"... but well... I guess a Pop-Rock EZX is "metal" enough for the masses.
Very disappointing, somehow.

About the NY Studios 3... does one really want that?
Is it so much better or different or special than the Avatar or the NYS2 kit?
I remember getting the NY Studios 2 and thinking "hm, why exactly did I pay for this?", so I'm a little wary there.


I was kind of hoping for a John Tempesta SDX, I love White Zombie... but yeah, no such luck, I like the roomy'ness of the hit factory kit, but still wind up using metal foundry pretty much exclusively... and I don't even make metal! it's just the best and biggest "rock" library they've done... in my opinion of course :hihi:


Agree chokehold I was really damned pissed off with some ex-nicklefag drummer doing a kit for 'Metal Month'. The toms sounded good but I just refuse to buy anything to do with such a crock of shite band period. It was/is my birthday in november also so was wanting something along what you mentioned an-electric-heart, There are plenty of greats out there that I'm sure would of gone for it:
Paul Bostoph would of been ace, Like the original Metal Foundry they could of got 3 of the thrash legends in...with dare I say Dave Lombardo as the third man/first man. Now THAT would of been/would be killer. Alas I could keep going on about what could of been and whos kits I want :cry:

Best to you both and to all as always

Dean
bill45
KVRian
 
1313 posts since 14 Jun, 2006

Postby bill45; Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:27 am

The metal ezx's sound cool, but there are not enough hits. An SDX of metal machines would be awesome!
User avatar
an-electric-heart
KVRian
 
1247 posts since 13 Jun, 2008, from Napier,New Zealand

Postby an-electric-heart; Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:47 am

bill45 wrote:The metal ezx's sound cool, but there are not enough hits. An SDX of metal machines would be awesome!


Well yeah, I wouldn't use an EZ drummer library, and metal machines as it stands sounds too pre-processed, I'd like a Metal Machines SDX that's completely dry, having said that, it might still be coming, they may have done an SDX at the same time but the the EZDrummer one was released way earlier because there was obviously way less work involved... here's hoping.
User avatar
cryophonik
KVRAF
 
3964 posts since 6 Sep, 2006, from Elk Grove, CA

Postby cryophonik; Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:53 pm

So, does anybody here have the NY Studios 3 SDX? NY Studios vol2 is my favorite SDX and I'm wondering how the new one compares to it, or the factory library. Audiodeluxe has a good deal on Vol3 right now - the 15% discount brings it to about $110.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments