VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all.

Most of loop/rex players I encountered have two modes of loop playing:
- one midi note plays one slice
- each midi note plays loop from beginning and changes the pitch

What I am looking for is this:
- each midi note triggers slice and plays the loop to the end (no pitchshifting). So I could start playing the loop from second snare for example.

Is there a vst loop player that could do this synced to tempo(and has possibility to route slices to different outputs)?

Thanks

Couldnt you just set the endpoint of all slices to the end of the loop? It seems to me that would get you the result you're after. Or am I missing something here?

thanks for suggestion,

Currently I just chop the loop manualy like this: Image

but I would like to route slices to different outputs, my method and your suggested method does not allow it.

GrooveBlox Live can play loops, chop them up and you can send them to as many as 8 different outputs as well as all 16 MIDI channels (wave files only).

http://www.supersynths.com/Synths/groovebloxlive.html

Mike

Again I would like to promote LoopDrive.

It will chop up the sample in slices, and then you can use the sequencer to select which of the slices to play.

It's freeware, so no money needed to use it.

thanks guys, but do these plugins have what I require?:
"each midi note triggers slice and plays the loop to the end (no pitchshifting). So I could start playing the loop from second snare for example."

I came along Slicex from IL. It should support my requirement through 'play to end' script.
I tried the standalone demo version (no vst host on my work computer) and sadly the script dialog does not show up :( If it worked as advertised, it would be ideal, maybe the VST version will work.

I know what you mean as i have looked for this too. Kontakt can do it but only with time machine pro stretch mode and ableton sampler can do it with a bit of fiddling about. it seems so simple but i have yet to find a simple software to do it

Solarfall wrote:thanks guys, but do these plugins have what I require?:
Think you should try them out a bit, these are suggestions, nobody here is working in a music store or getting paid to fit your profile 100% :wink:

Doesn't Loomer's slicer allows to do this ?

Slicex from ImageLine can do this http://www.image-line.com/documents/slicex.html
Just load the loop into it, slice it and tell each slice to play to the end.
And it has chokegroups too
Simple and repetive are my middle names

Slicex seems to be the ticket once I manage to run the script 'play to end'.

thanks for your time.

Check out the youtube videos.
Simple and repetive are my middle names

Alas Slicex does not work like I would want it to.

First, the scripts work only in FL (this is not so important).
Second, Slicex seems to have only two outputs in any other host than FL.
And third as I convert the markers to regions to be able to 'play to end' the individual slices can no longer be routed to separate outputs, only whole regions so it is useless.

Did you check Loomer Cumulus as suggested above ?

Do you suggest that Cumulus meets my requirements?

Unfortunately I cannot find it anywhere. It is CM exclusive.

Return to “Instruments”