What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Alchemy Mobile: Paste Tempo Issue

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

iPlogger
KVRist

429 posts since 27 Oct, 2011, from Pacific Northwest

Postby iPlogger; Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:27 am Alchemy Mobile: Paste Tempo Issue

I just noticed an issue when pasting into Alchemy Mobile Pro. I have been using DM-1 (Drum Machine) and working on some slower/ambient rhythms. I copy/pasted a 60 BPM pattern into Alchemy and it came out as 120. I tried 70 BPM, and it pasted as 140 BPM. I took another pattern I created the other day at 90 BPM and it pasted correctly. I then brought it down to 80 BPM in DM-1 copied and then it pasted as 160 BPM. I don't seem to have any control over what tempo to paste as.

So today, I decided to try another app to try and see if it's DM-1 or Alchemy. I chose Magellan. I recorded something at 60 BPM and it was pasted at some completely different BPM. I then created a quick file at 90 BPM, and it pasted into Alchemy at 167 BPM.

The pasted version's audio is correct, though. It's not sped up. But if I set the Alchemy tempo down to 60 BPM, it plays the pasted audio too slowly and pitches everything down.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug in Alchemy? Is it a bug with the other apps in how they implemented Sonoma Copy? Thanks.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10217 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:23 am

Hi,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you about this. I don't have an answer at the moment, but will check it out. We're working on an update to Alchemy Mobile so if the bug is reproducible (sounds like it is!), then it's a good time to report it.

Peace,
Andy.
iPlogger
KVRist

Postby iPlogger; Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:24 pm

Thanks for looking into it.

Looking forward to the update. It's been my most used synth app for weeks/months now. I'm really enjoying it.
sazb30
KVRian

998 posts since 11 Sep, 2008, from UK

Postby sazb30; Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:20 am

Ooh I hope the update includes Audiobus support... ! Love Alchemy mobile. One of my favourite apps :-)
iPlogger
KVRist

Postby iPlogger; Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:39 pm

Any update on this or at least duplicated? I am now running into another tempo issue. I got Koushion specifically to tap tempo live and have sounds tempo synced (arpeggios, LFOs, delays, etc.). When I attempt to use Alchemy, the tempo pumps up to 999 BPM. I tested with Magellan and it synced fine. Using genome sequencer worked fine with Alchemy so I don't really know if the problem is with Koushion or Alchemy.

Sorry. I use Alchemy a lot so it tends to be the app I use for testing things out.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi,

Yes I can reproduce the problem when pasting a loop from DM-1. Using a test loop of 1 bar at 80 BPM Alchemy Mobile sets the tempo to double or 160 BPM. The size of the loop in samples when exported from DM-1 via iTunes is correct (132300 samples) so I'm sure why this would occur.

We won't be fixing the current version of Alchemy Mobile as we're working on the 2.0 update now. Loops are handled differently in the updated version, so the bug won't occur.

Not sure what the release date is for v2.0 but it should be relatively soon.

Peace,
Andy.
iPlogger
KVRist

Postby iPlogger; Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:26 am

Thanks Andy. Just glad you can reproduce the problem and I wasn't doing anything wrong.

Any leaks on what will be in 2.0? Ahh, I've been meaning to start a post on a wishlist. Though the app is already fantastic. But I use it enough that there are features I would find helpful. My biggest one is being able to truly save our own patches with all 8 pads defined. And an easy way to get user patches in/out of the app.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:34 am

The app is pretty close to being finished so the design is set at this point. Are you on the beta list or not? I thought you were. We'll be starting beta testing soon, once a few critical bugs have been fixed.

Peace,
Andy.
matteogk
KVRist

120 posts since 23 Feb, 2011, from Norway

Postby matteogk; Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:57 pm

sazb30 wrote:Ooh I hope the update includes Audiobus support... ! Love Alchemy mobile. One of my favourite apps :-)

I also strongly hope there will be Auduiobus support!! This will make possible to overcome many of the limitations of Alchemy Mobile in terms of longer and more structured compositions possibilities. The great sound in Alchemy, REALLY deserve this feature IMHO.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Audiobus would be sweet, it's on our list and "quite likely" but we can't make any promises.

This will make possible to overcome many of the limitations of Alchemy Mobile

I don't think you will feel limited with the features we're adding to v2.0 ;-)

Peace,
Andy.
iPlogger
KVRist

Postby iPlogger; Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:02 am

> I don't think you will feel limited with the features we're adding to v2.0 :wink:

Hahaha. Best post I've read today.
Wormhelmet
KVRian

1034 posts since 20 Dec, 2004

Postby Wormhelmet; Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:32 pm

I love Alchemy mobile. Completely satisfying purchase and had to get all in-app purchases. It is wicked fun for instant gratification tweaking. Keep up the great work! It's lush, it's gritty, it's phat, it's glassy. It sounds great on my tracks.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet
Derek Buddemeyer
KVRist

456 posts since 13 Dec, 2011, from Alliance, NE

Postby Derek Buddemeyer; Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:55 pm

I can't wait for update....metronome? Pre-count? Also, I have some soundbanks that I would like to use in mobile from desktop, but they consist of folders and files in .acp format.....how do I get these back to the compressed bundled .CamelSounds file format
Rock On!
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:01 pm

Derek Buddemeyer wrote:I can't wait for update....metronome? Pre-count?

We will talk about new features when it's ready for release. Not long to go now!

Also, I have some soundbanks that I would like to use in mobile from desktop, but they consist of folders and files in .acp format.....how do I get these back to the compressed bundled .CamelSounds file format

On the Alchemy File menu is an option to "Save as CamelSounds". See the "Transfer Custom Sounds" section on this page of our FAQ section:

http://bit.ly/H430Sd

Peace,
Andy.

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Return to Camel Audio