What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

a (free) plugin to narrow a bright signal?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Caine123
KVRAF

2678 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Postby Caine123; Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:05 pm a (free) plugin to narrow a bright signal?

i got some vocals which sound very bright, is it possible (with keeping the mono compatibility without phasing) to narrow it a bit down? not to full mono but lets say from 100% brightness to 70% as an example.
@midnight
KVRAF

1584 posts since 22 Apr, 2011, from The House of Zaid

Postby @midnight; Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:16 pm

edit: nevermind
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Burillo
KVRAF

1636 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:46 pm

i'm not sure i understand what the OP meant... but maybe something like REAPER's "width" knob? any decent DAW should have dual panning...
From Russia with love
realmarco
Waaaaahhh

1363 posts since 29 Jul, 2001, from montreal, quebec,canada

Postby realmarco; Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:25 pm

Caine123 wrote:i got some vocals which sound very bright, is it possible (with keeping the mono compatibility without phasing) to narrow it a bit down? not to full mono but lets say from 100% brightness to 70% as an example.

i think you are using the wrong terms

try again with simpler sentences
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!
PatchAdamz
KVRAF

1743 posts since 12 Nov, 2012

Postby PatchAdamz; Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:09 am

Thats what an equalizer is for.

Use a notch filter to take some of the edge out while not effecting the rest.

Also a DeEsser can do this.
Brian @ IK Multimedia
KVRian

1041 posts since 6 Feb, 2011

Postby Brian @ IK Multimedia; Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:09 pm

T-RackS Custom Shop. It's a free download that includes a free analog modeled six-band parametric EQ, plus metering. Hi cut and hi shelf should do the trick for you. There is also a Linear Phase EQ that you can add through the Custom Shop.
an-electric-heart
KVRian

1264 posts since 13 Jun, 2008, from Napier,New Zealand

Postby an-electric-heart; Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:32 pm

Caine123 wrote:i got some vocals which sound very bright, is it possible (with keeping the mono compatibility without phasing) to narrow it a bit down? not to full mono but lets say from 100% brightness to 70% as an example.

Yeah, like the others say, I don't understand, how on earth did you get your vocals in stereo in the first place?! ... yet alone too wide?! is it a double tracked acapella or something?
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

21375 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:50 am

what relationship are we supposed to recognise between 'brightness' and 'mono' ??
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
Gamma-UT
KVRAF

2516 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from UK

Postby Gamma-UT; Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:53 am

whyterabbyt wrote:

what relationship are we supposed to recognise between 'brightness' and 'mono' ??

Brightness = mono * fish

Simples.

Solution: use fewer fish.
No longer blank as Frank
Soundcloud
realmarco
Waaaaahhh

1363 posts since 29 Jul, 2001, from montreal, quebec,canada

Postby realmarco; Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:23 pm

Gamma-UT wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:

Brightness = mono * fish

Simples.

Solution: use fewer fish.

What ?
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects