Korg iPolysix for iPad!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

martin_l wrote: Unfortunately, the length of these samples is quite limited. Not enough to trigger some longer sound effects. This has also the effect that e.g. Bpm delay is speeded up when playing a higher pitch of a drum sound which includes a delay effect. Same holds for LFO speed, etc.
Some tips, I learned these mostly by using KORG DS-10 a few years on the Nintendo DS (I co-run www.ds10forum.com), which kind of works in the same way:

You could use pitched down sounds for longer effects. One octave lower is already twice the length.

Delayed sounds speeding up and slowing down can actually sound very cool in an IDM kind of way, as it produces tuplets.
Hypnotic School | iNALOG | DS-10 Dominator | AuxPulse | see http://www.RutgerMuller.nl

when i edit the drumsounds and switch back to sequencer mode,the drums often sound quite different.Is this normal?Very annoying.

edit:i know that the sounds"transform"into samples if you go back to the sequencer screen but thats not what i mean...

I got this and quite like it.

if i play it via Midi keyboard, can I assign MIDI cc#s to the knobs? or is there a mapping already in place. Did not find anything in the manual.
it is also a shame that the knob -control patterns only play when the sequencer is running. would be great if they where kind of additional LFOs.

so, bring along the wavestation :)

best

steff3 wrote:
so, bring along the wavestation :)

best
And the M1! Especially as it's been available for Nintendo for years iirc

How does the iOS version sound compared to the VST?

Crabshack wrote:when i edit the drumsounds and switch back to sequencer mode,the drums often sound quite different.Is this normal?Very annoying.

edit:i know that the sounds"transform"into samples if you go back to the sequencer screen but thats not what i mean...
If you use the noise generator your sound will be randomized everytime you save.
Hypnotic School | iNALOG | DS-10 Dominator | AuxPulse | see http://www.RutgerMuller.nl

I wish KORG had included the feature that one can select the drum part when copying patterns, as one can do in the iMS20... That make composing and arranging on the iPad so much easier.

After a long period of non digital creation this is the first synth i've had under my fingers.
I am more then happily surprised about the power of it and see a bright future.

I got this about a week ago. My initial impression is that it sounds nice, but I don't see myself doing anything "too serious" with it. I suppose it's a fun way to pass the time when on an airplane etc. If I want the Polysix sound, I'll just fire up my DAW and open the Legacy package.

The step sequencer is a disappointment. I wish Korg would've included a proper seq (Garageband-like, if you will) this time. They could've still kept the pattern chaining method, it's a great way to create songs. Also, am I the only one who is having difficulty actually recording anything into it (on a keyboard) - there seems to be some weird sort of latency so it never captures what I play (even simple stuff - pretty much the only way to enter notes into is twiddle with the step sequencer. I haven't tried a MIDI keyboard yet, just tried it with the onscreen keyboard.

Jazz Franco wrote:
And the M1! Especially as it's been available for Nintendo for years iirc
I'm pretty sure the M1 is coming next. By the way, the Nintendo app (or "game", I suppose) was developed by Detune, a Japanese company, who have a quirky FM synth app for the iPad...the iYM2151. It was pretty expensive, though.

does anybody know how to (if possible at all) delete a song from polyshare?just delete the file in the soundcloud account?the reason i'm asking:ii have two iPads and started a song on my"second"ipad and i want to finish it on my"main"ipad now.

But i cant access the saved files from itunes.Usually i just give a mental one-finger salut and open PhoneView to access the filesystem.But in this case the finger went back to me cause i cant access the files in the"document"folder.Some weird behaviour is going on....most often it shows me visually nothing in the"document"folder but the info says its 16 MB big (quite big for some small savefiles by the way).i copy the folder to my macbook (still,16 MB inside)but the files stay"invisible.BUT sometimes they are visible but disappear after a short time...

anyway,i want to upload my song and download via polyshare on my other ipad.Theres no other way sharing save files i guess.the rest are just rendered options.But i have to delete the file after i have done this.

sometimes i think developers LOVE to integrate some kind of puzzle game into their apps instead of just makin things....easy.

Jeeez...

An M1 app would be great.. It's still fun to fire up the m1 vst considering how long ago the m1 keyboard came out..

I guess it's not possible to map the knobs to a MIDI CC? One of the knobs on my MPK Mini moves the modulation wheel, so that would indicate it is possible...we just would need to know what numbers they're under.

(By the way, even a tiny USB MIDI keyboard makes a hell of a difference when trying to put together a sequence with it...sequencing is still kind of frustrating and unpredictable)

did anybod notice this on the Korg Facebook Page:

"Submitted the new versions.Please wait a week or so"

http://www.facebook.com/korg.iapps?ref=ts&fref=ts

Lets dream:audiobus?Background Audio at least?

But we can push them a little into the right direction,everybody should write"audiobus"in the comments.A lot of people already did :)

Crabshack wrote:did anybod notice this on the Korg Facebook Page:

"Submitted the new versions.Please wait a week or so"

http://www.facebook.com/korg.iapps?ref=ts&fref=ts

Lets dream:audiobus?Background Audio at least?

But we can push them a little into the right direction,everybody should write"audiobus"in the comments.A lot of people already did :)
That would be really cool! I suspect background audio would come first before audiobus though....

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Just got this app its very good.
Well layed out, retro sounds daft punk housey stuff.
Drums are very very very basic.
Fx ok, reverb usable.

Presets not great but the chord synths are excellent.
Dual kaoss pads, left pad can control virtual anything xy, right pad
Can be used for variation on notes, to add more feel to synth.

If you press any button or dial even on mixer, a step sequencer pops up
For that dial, so you can have 16 step parameter.
If you press pattern mode then top info bar then play, a 16 pad trigger style layout pops up to trigger each pattern.

I haven't tried midi but if its anything like ielectribe it will have midi, try all midi channels and cc's. ielectribe was midi c10 and had full control of all cc's.

Reedit
tested midi with my bitstream controller no cc on anything,
Keyboard mod pitch work, nothing else.
Each synth and drum is on separate channels.

Drums are actually quite good, select drums then select drum part 1-6,select syn you can edit drum sound. dual fx but you dont get the kaoss pad on the drum tracks. You also dont get the step settings on any dial.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”