What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

USB audio recording for Android. It's here.. almost!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist
 
74 posts since 4 Feb, 2012, from The Netherlands
 

Postby dwrae; Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:48 am

Hi,

The simple answer is that my USB audio recorder app and the USB add-on for AEMobile haven't been released yet. The USB add-on will be an in-app purchase.

For your next question, the answer is 'soon'. :)

Kind regards,

Davy

ft3193737 wrote:Hi, Davi,


I was directed from an article posted by a guy named "someaudioguy" about connecting usb mic to android devices. "http://someaudioguy.blogspot.com/2012/02/where-are-android-recording-solutions.html"

After I read the posts on the forum, I was so excited because you mentioned the blue yeti can be used as an external mic for android devices that have the usb host feature. I bought the app, audio evolution mobile, right soon after that.

However, I discovered that after the installation, the phone would continue record sounds through its integrated mic instead of the blue yeti which i already hooked up to my phone via an otg cable.

I have checked the setting of my phone and make sure the "audio output mode" in the accessory section is checked.

Can you give me some advises about what should i do in my case to make the usb mic works as an external microphone when connected to my android phone.
Author of Audio Evolution for Android, USB Audio Recorder PRO, USB Audio Player PRO, Stage Assistant and USB MIDI Monitor.
eXtream Software Development
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AudioEvolution5
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AudioEvolutionMobile
KVRer
 
3 posts since 3 Dec, 2012, from Milwaukee, WI

Postby ft3193737; Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:05 am

Thank you for the quick response, Davy

Good to know this feature will be released soon.
However, I am not a musician and the only reason that drove me to this forum and the app: audio evolution mobile is because I thought I could take the advantage of my yeti microphone and use it while skyping or in other social communication apps after installed the audio evolution app. Therefore, I am afraid this I might not benefit much from this purchase...

So, I was wondering who should I contact to in order to get the refund since this app might not be the one I was looking for.

Thank you for your time.
Signature blocked until 5 posts made
KVRist
 
74 posts since 4 Feb, 2012, from The Netherlands
 

Postby dwrae; Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:08 am

That's not going to work indeed.
Please use the 'contact the developer' button in the play store or in the Help menu of the app.

Davy

ft3193737 wrote:Thank you for the quick response, Davy

Good to know this feature will be released soon.
However, I am not a musician and the only reason that drove me to this forum and the app: audio evolution mobile is because I thought I could take the advantage of my yeti microphone and use it while skyping or in other social communication apps after installed the audio evolution app. Therefore, I am afraid this I might not benefit much from this purchase...

So, I was wondering who should I contact to in order to get the refund since this app might not be the one I was looking for.

Thank you for your time.
Author of Audio Evolution for Android, USB Audio Recorder PRO, USB Audio Player PRO, Stage Assistant and USB MIDI Monitor.
eXtream Software Development
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AudioEvolution5
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AudioEvolutionMobile
KVRer
 
3 posts since 3 Dec, 2012, from Milwaukee, WI

Postby ft3193737; Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:32 am

I wrote an email via the "contact the developer" option.
There are two more questions that I have.

1.Would it work if i connect a microphone that has 3.5mm headphone jacks as an external mic for android devices such as samsung galaxy s3?

2. What if i use an usb external sound card/adapter to link the mic that has 3.5mm headphone jack to the adapter? Such as "Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter"?

Thank you
Signature blocked until 5 posts made
KVRist
 
74 posts since 4 Feb, 2012, from The Netherlands
 

Postby dwrae; Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:36 am

Hi,

I refunded your purchase.

ft3193737 wrote:I wrote an email via the "contact the developer" option.
There are two more questions that I have.

1.Would it work if i connect a microphone that has 3.5mm headphone jacks as an external mic for android devices such as samsung galaxy s3?


Usually, yes.

ft3193737 wrote:2. What if i use an usb external sound card/adapter to link the mic that has 3.5mm headphone jack to the adapter? Such as "Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter"?

Thank you


That is still a USB audio device, so it won't work. Actually, the S3 supports USB audio output, but not input.

Davy
Author of Audio Evolution for Android, USB Audio Recorder PRO, USB Audio Player PRO, Stage Assistant and USB MIDI Monitor.
eXtream Software Development
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AudioEvolution5
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AudioEvolutionMobile
KVRist
 
33 posts since 22 Aug, 2008

Postby Carmelious; Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:30 am

Galaxy Note 1 & 2:
Hi, I'm about to order Galaxy note, probably II. Do you think this would work with your project?
KVRist
 
74 posts since 4 Feb, 2012, from The Netherlands
 

Postby dwrae; Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:54 pm

Carmelious wrote:Galaxy Note 1 & 2:
Hi, I'm about to order Galaxy note, probably II. Do you think this would work with your project?


Some Note II's work, some don't, so I cannot recommend it.

Davy
Author of Audio Evolution for Android, USB Audio Recorder PRO, USB Audio Player PRO, Stage Assistant and USB MIDI Monitor.
eXtream Software Development
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AudioEvolution5
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AudioEvolutionMobile
KVRist
 
58 posts since 14 Dec, 2011

Postby mod4; Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:24 am

Still waiting for android to be useful...haha
Android is a mobile os thats it, i gave up on midi audio on android a long time ago, the os and the company dont care, profit first, users second.

Palm pda is still more musically usable, in fact a 386 sx25 with 2mb edo memory and a sbpro running cakewalk is still more usable.....
KVRer
 
4 posts since 11 Feb, 2013

Postby lurch31; Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:34 pm

hi .
thanks for this fabulous app .. and home-made usb driver !

do you plan to make a sound analyser app?
like "speedy spectrum analyser" or "audio tool" .. and others real time analysers.
no ones can use usb sound input .
KVRer
 
4 posts since 11 Feb, 2013

Postby lurch31; Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:35 pm

i forgot :..
your app don't work on acer gallant duo ( no usb otg )
you can add it to your list ?
KVRer
 
3 posts since 11 Feb, 2013

Postby djenter; Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Thank God I found this forum. I need some help...

I dl the app and get everything set, using m audio fast track for guitar.

First question, probably the dumbest... I'm guessing I cannot play through the m box and record guitar over the drums that I successfully imported. So I'm thinking I probably have to buy the USB audio recorder app, record the guitar on that app, and then import the audio file into the actual audio evolution app. Is this correct?

If this is correct, is the best way to record the USB audio, import, and then click and drag that recording until it matches up with drumpart? Can I import the drum track and record only my guitar in the USB recorder?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
KVRist
 
36 posts since 7 Nov, 2006

Postby mcnys; Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:43 am

hello,

so as far as i understand i can make a small and portable field recording rig with this app...lets say scarlett 2i2 + samsung galaxy s3, and few mics...will it work?
KVRist
 
74 posts since 4 Feb, 2012, from The Netherlands
 

Postby dwrae; Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:00 am

lurch31 wrote:hi .
thanks for this fabulous app .. and home-made usb driver !

do you plan to make a sound analyser app?
like "speedy spectrum analyser" or "audio tool" .. and others real time analysers.
no ones can use usb sound input .


No plans for that, too busy!
Author of Audio Evolution for Android, USB Audio Recorder PRO, USB Audio Player PRO, Stage Assistant and USB MIDI Monitor.
eXtream Software Development
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AudioEvolution5
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AudioEvolutionMobile
KVRist
 
74 posts since 4 Feb, 2012, from The Netherlands
 

Postby dwrae; Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:02 am

lurch31 wrote:i forgot :..
your app don't work on acer gallant duo ( no usb otg )
you can add it to your list ?


Thanks, I'll add it.
Author of Audio Evolution for Android, USB Audio Recorder PRO, USB Audio Player PRO, Stage Assistant and USB MIDI Monitor.
eXtream Software Development
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AudioEvolution5
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AudioEvolutionMobile
KVRist
 
74 posts since 4 Feb, 2012, from The Netherlands
 

Postby dwrae; Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:03 am

djenter wrote:First question, probably the dumbest... I'm guessing I cannot play through the m box and record guitar over the drums that I successfully imported. So I'm thinking I probably have to buy the USB audio recorder app, record the guitar on that app, and then import the audio file into the actual audio evolution app. Is this correct?

If this is correct, is the best way to record the USB audio, import, and then click and drag that recording until it matches up with drumpart? Can I import the drum track and record only my guitar in the USB recorder?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated


I will be integrating the USB audio code into Audio Evolution Mobile. The USB Audio Recorder PRO is for basic recording and playback, not for track layering. You can of course import the recordings from USB Audio Recorder PRO into Audio Evolution Mobile.
Author of Audio Evolution for Android, USB Audio Recorder PRO, USB Audio Player PRO, Stage Assistant and USB MIDI Monitor.
eXtream Software Development
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AudioEvolution5
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AudioEvolutionMobile
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Mobile Apps and Hardware