Steinberg have seemed to release country specific versions of Cubase

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought a copy of Cubase 7 from ebay USA, and I live in Australia.

When I went to activate it, I got an error saying that I have entered a "US Only" version and that I will not get any support or updates if I choose to proceed with the activation!

I'm pretty angry about it, and have written to the place I bought it from (not their fault, but it wasn't listed on the ebay listing)..

Steinberg have done this on purpose to control the market and distribution - I should be able to get it anywhere!

does anybody else have any experience or information about this?

They do it so they don't get undercut by someone importing the product from a market with a weaker currency.

I guess the alternative would be that they charge the same relative price regardless of the market.

well now I'm out of pocket and time. I wouldn't have bothered if I had known.

Cubase now comes in Pal, NTSC and Secam flavours.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Couldn't you use a vpn?

I didn't know they could make a host specifically for country music. I'm impressed!

agit wrote:Couldn't you use a vpn?
This is indeed a simple solution to at least get registered. Although, I have to ask what use is Cubase support?

The Borg. Resistance is futile. I would just go ahead and install. Support is going to come in handy if you have a problem with your hardware key. If you bought that in Oz (with an earlier version) they might help you in Oz anyway.

In general, support has been something that I have needed only to fix installation issues. Bugs etc are more things that I have learned about (workarounds etc) from the forums. I almost never go to the forums these days.

dubfonik wrote:I just bought a copy of Cubase 7 from ebay USA, and I live in Australia.

When I went to activate it, I got an error saying that I have entered a "US Only" version and that I will not get any support or updates if I choose to proceed with the activation!

I'm pretty angry about it, and have written to the place I bought it from (not their fault, but it wasn't listed on the ebay listing)..

Steinberg have done this on purpose to control the market and distribution - I should be able to get it anywhere!

does anybody else have any experience or information about this?
Caveat emptor

Have you solve your problem ?

I have the same issue .

I have not got this warning message but after activating I noticed that my license listed as Cubase 7 US .

I think you should try to return it as you have not informed by the seller that this us US version .

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”