Tone2 Rayblaster: OUT NOW! (demo version available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RayBlaster

Ingonator wrote:So far i have not found what causes that change of the waveform.
FM8s default setting for its operators is to have them free running, did you try with Key Sync enabled for all operators?

Btw, how did you get single cycle waveforms from FM8? Just record the patch and then load it into an editor?

BDeep wrote:
Ingonator wrote:So far i have not found what causes that change of the waveform.
FM8s default setting for its operators is to have them free running, did you try with Key Sync enabled for all operators?

Btw, how did you get single cycle waveforms from FM8? Just record the patch and then load it into an editor?
Thanks for your tip, i'll try.

In Ableton Live i exported a Mono WAV file. Then edited them in Wavelab Elements 7 (= "light" version of Wavelab) like i do with all the waveforms i have craeted for Rayblaster or with samples.

Also my "wavetables" were done in Wavelab Elements with help of the crossfade tool in the Loop editor.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I really think Key Sync should be on by default as especially with fm, a different phase can have drastic results.

And thanks for the explanation! I'll give it a try.

Ingonator wrote:
FrantzM wrote:
zvenx wrote:if you have a mouse with a wheel, you can use that to easily change oscillators.
Duh! :dog:

Thanks for the tip! :)
Does not work in Ableton Live. The problem seems to be on Abletons side but hopefully is solved soon.

Ingo
Works for me in Live on the Mac

pdxindy wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
FrantzM wrote:
zvenx wrote:if you have a mouse with a wheel, you can use that to easily change oscillators.

Does not work in Ableton Live. The problem seems to be on Abletons side but hopefully is solved soon.

Ingo
Which version of Live is that ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

For all the grown ups experienced enough in reality to handle themselves;
RayBlaster is pretty damn cool, and a bit different.

Im finding that it does not accurately re-create the precise sound of expensive hardware! Fortunately, Im not a moron. I can both see through marketing hype AND read! So, a few dozen pages back I figured out how fukking retarded it is to even discuss that single implied feature.... :roll:

Futhermore,
I can appreciate how doing comparisons might actually shed light on what is going on inside RB. And again, not being fukking thick helped a lot.
Obviously, the focus is not on getting an accurate copy of the original sound, or 'bettering' it. It is the comparison, and the inaccuracy itself that is the more useful info.
I mean, fukking obviously, right? :roll: :x
Sorry, the ten extra pages of trolling angered me.
PietW. wrote:Hey, a good Idea to make Waves with FM8.
+1!
Havent played with those, but that sounds like an interesting way to go...
Kriminal wrote: My skin is much thicker than that sunshine.
Uh, yeah.
Im thinking everyone in this thread has come to the conclusion that you are obviously not great at receiving the input from reality.
I cant even imagine what you think your presence in this thread is accomplishing. Like, for you even. Soundbanks flying off the shelves...?
Kriminal wrote: ...they can go here...
http://www.tone2.org/forum/
sorted.
Haha! Wow, I bet you thought that one was real funny.
Jackass...
ImageImageImageImage

The accuracy of those emulations also depend on both the quality of the waveforms and the skills on programming Rayblaster.
For doing sounds with e.g. small amounts of Resonance there are two options. Mixing a non-resonant and a resonant waveform or create a waveform with the correct amount of Resonance. I will try to add such waveforms for a few synths like e.g. the Slim Phatty and Saurus in the future (e.g. with 10% up to 100% of Resonance in 10% steps). Even in such case features like the Formant value , envelope amount etc. still have influence on the resonance behavior. Besides that there is no option to control the Formant value and the Resonance amount independently.

Personally i am still searching for the perfect conditions for those waveforms but the current ones are already quite good. Mixing two waveforms, even from two different sources, is an option too.

Anyway complex and/or "digital" waveforms like those FM waveforms posted at the last page are maybe more suited to show that the Impulse Modelling Synthesis (IMS) works. While those were created without a filter they create a complex filter response with different timbres while changing the Formant value. Such waveforms usually also provide the most interesting results as in several cases you could get totally different sounds from a single waveform.

This means that if a filter was used Rayblaster could try to mimic this and if no filter was used a crazy "fantasy filter" is created.

I found that if you use a very simple waveform like e.g. a perfect Sawtooth the perfect Saw is only there at the lowest Formant value and on higher values morphs into a Pulse and the filter response changes into a Bandpass filter. A comparable result could be found when using a waveform that was created with e.g. a LPF at maximum Cutoff. A "perfect" Sawtooth when used with a filter at lower Cutoff (e.g. middle position) will never stay a perfect sawtooth but a certain shape based on the filter response.

I already told (and showed with screenshots...) that at a certain point which usually starts at 0 (= míddle position) of the Formant value most filter responses morph into a Bandpass filter. Without any proper information this seems to start earlier.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

LeVzi wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
FrantzM wrote:

Ingo
Which version of Live is that ?
Both Live 8 and the Live 9 beta (and both 32bit versions)

pdxindy wrote: Both Live 8 and the Live 9 beta (and both 32bit versions)
Sorry,

Also works here. Seems to be my fault. different Beta tests at the moment (e.g. electraX, Saurus...) so maybe i am a bit confused or mixed something up... :oops:
Anyway what does not work in Ableton Live but in e.g. Reaper is the display of value when the mouse cursor is over a vertain knob.

I rarely use the mouse wheel with Rayblaster. Either i open the drop down menu or i load files from my own folder.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

highkoo wrote:
Im thinking everyone in this thread has come to the conclusion....
thats quite a gift, being able to think for everyone.
highkoo wrote:
Soundbanks flying off the shelves...?
i dont keep them on shelves, but yes, still selling (thanks for the publicity) :wink:

highkoo wrote:
Kriminal wrote: ...they can go here...
http://www.tone2.org/forum/
sorted.
Haha! Wow, I bet you thought that one was real funny.
Its a fact. You prob didnt notice it amongst all the spam.

highkoo wrote: Im finding that it does not accurately re-create the precise sound of expensive hardware! Fortunately, Im not a moron
Ingonator wrote:The accuracy of those emulations also depend on both the quality of the waveforms and the skills on programming Rayblaster.
:shrug:

Ingonator wrote: Anyway what does not work in Ableton Live but in e.g. Reaper is the display of value when the mouse cursor is over a vertain knob.

Ingo

The value display works for me in Live...

Well maybe they fixed whatever it was in the last 8 update, and it's good that it's working in 9. Not sure i've updated 8 to the latest version tbh.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote:Well maybe they fixed whatever it was in the last 8 update, and it's good that it's working in 9. Not sure i've updated 8 to the latest version tbh.
I'm using the 32 bit version of 8 and the latest for that is 8.3.4

Kriminal wrote:
highkoo wrote: Im finding that it does not accurately re-create the precise sound of expensive hardware! Fortunately, Im not a moron
Ingonator wrote:The accuracy of those emulations also depend on both the quality of the waveforms and the skills on programming Rayblaster.
:shrug:
:lol:
Oh what, now you want to try and prove some actual point? :hihi:
Participate in a discussion? :hihi:

If you really dont 'get it' after sixty pages and you think the out of context quotes above prove some point, then just take a pass on RB and give up thinking til next year.

But Id guess you do get it and you are just blind trolling since this has been painstakingly explained like five times now.

Whatever.
I dont care I guess...
Tone2 isnt the liliest of white, and youre just playing dumb. :hihi:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Instruments”