Lounge Lizard 4!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is my thinking regarding Lounge Lizard: it is an electric-piano synth for me, not an emulation of anything in particular. I don't have a large sample library of good e-pianos, and I really like the feel of tuning up lounge lizard to my tastes. I take it as its own instrument, which is how I try and take all my plugins, I really don't have the ears to properly compare and tell the real thing from the VST, but I can tell if I like the VST. I'm sure I'd probably like NI's as well if I tried them, but I do appreciate the small footprint of LL and since it floats my boat I don't think I need to try something else. I'm just happy the product has been updated and look forward to String Studio and the Strum series getting a rev as well. I'm happy to see recent stuff coming from AAS.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:… For $29, I'm tempted to upgrade...but I keep having to remind myself that I'm not short on electric piano sounds.
For me, 'sound' is only part of the equation. I don't care all that much about 100 per cent authenticity - the main thing is playability. Perhaps it's because I've never played a 'real reality' mechanical electric piano?

I've also got all the Scarbee pianos, GSI, Soniccouture, Neo-Soul Keys, and so on. But the one I turn to for inspiration and for that 'fun of playing' is still LL. The refinements in LL4, not least the hugely improved GUI and patch handling, made it a no-brainer for me.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

I have had the real thing, and frankly they are a pain in the a**. They are heavy to move. Difficult to play. Inconsistent in touch and tuning. I would have to be crazy to buy one again, especially a "vintage" model. I am a musician. I want to play instruments. If I wanted to spend my time tuning and tweaking hardware, I would be a tech. LL is perfect for me, because I get all the sounds I want from the keyboard that I already have and I am used to. I think LL's sounds are wonderful, every bit as good as the "real thing", and they inspire me immediately. What more could one ask?
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

I love LL and will definitely be picking up this upgrade. Just hope that this is an indication that all AA's plugins will be getting a fresh lick of paint and a few new tricks over the coming months.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:I've got a 1976 Mark 1 and the NI/Scarbee version sounds like a perfectly in tune, perfectly regulated version of my Mark 1. Lounge Lizard can get close, so can Mr. Ray, but the Scarbee is the closest to mine.
Seems to be the strength of Sample sets
Gonga wrote:I love the thing, and I used to be a serious Rhodes tech. I love how I can tweak it to cover ANY type of EP sound I've ever heard
Seems to be the strength of Physical Models
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

JJBiener wrote:I have had the real thing, and frankly they are a pain in the a**. They are heavy to move. Difficult to play. Inconsistent in touch and tuning. I would have to be crazy to buy one again, especially a "vintage" model.
My Rhodes was bought well regulated has held tuning well and it's easy to tune if I needed to anyway, so I'm happy about that one. My only complaint: how light the keys feel, but they have a nice bounce to them at least.

My Wurlitzer 120 is another story. Near impossible to tune, piss-poor regulation, which even when fixed, still ends up with near unusable action, not to mention the nearly-dead reeds which are also difficult to replace and have a very inconsistent bark. That's to be expected though, the thing is from the mid 50's. The sample library I made out of the thing is actually a much better representation of the instrument than the real thing since I was able to fix the tuning and replace the bum reeds with better samples (there's a non-restored version in the pack that brings back some of the warts).

One day I'll see if I can find someone the 120 off my hands. Though if I were to hit the lottery first, that thing would go into the shop for a full-blown restoration.

Oddly enough, with all that said about my 120, I still long for a 200A.

I deleted V3 because I dont like a clutter of plugins. V4 doesnt import V3 presets , I dont think. Thats a pain. Also once V4 is installed the V3 installer does not work. It says a newer version exists and wont let you install V3!

braj wrote: I'm just happy the product has been updated and look forward to String Studio and the Strum series getting a rev as well. I'm happy to see recent stuff coming from AAS.
I totally agree

...if the strum series especially,might benefit of a similar increase of subtility an accuracy that LL had with this update , it will be just fantastic !

:o

I'd like to see an onboard pattern editor for the Strum series.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

^ Hey, thanks for posting! :)
..really helpful for me atm.

Return to “Instruments”