I'm having a hard time finding a proper DJ scratching effect VST (For use in Ableton)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First off, I just have a simple virtual turntable MIDI controller (a DJ-Tech VTT-101). I'm trying to play around with incorporating a virtual scratching sound in my playing.

I have looked into Sxratch and the DyScratch demo. I can't get Sxratch to work in Ableton for some reason and although DyScratch basically does what I am looking for but it doesn't work with a jog wheel. On top of that, it's a 3 yr old VST that costs $40. I'm not looking for anything complicated, just something that functions with my mini turntable and emulates that classic vinyl scratching sound when I turn the jog wheel back and forth and play with the crossfader. Maybe just load a small sound clip like DyScratch does that produces a scratching/stretching sound with it.

If nothing else, if there's anybody willing to develop a VST like this, I'd be 100% willing to help any way I can.

Image line Grossbeat or Melda MRhythmizer or whatever that clone was called do it, it seems to be modifying a delay time.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Hrm, these appear to more like effects triggers from MIDI notes during the track. Although it sounds like what I am looking for it doesn't quite work for that.

I'm kind of at a loss for words to describe what I'm looking for anymore. The only thing I can say is I'm looking for something that can load a sound clip and creates the scratching effect as I move the jog wheel back and forth over the clip. Maybe use the slider for a kind of pitch or other similar modulation also. If that helps.

A lot of this is similar to how DyScratch functions, except it uses the C note to trigger the scratching sound. Also it appears to be velocity sensitive in regards to how the scratching/stretching sound is produced. I hope this helped describe more of what I am looking for.

Download FL studio demo which generously lets you render without registering. Use Fruity Scratcher or--better yet--Wave Traveler. There's nothing like it.

And once you get your appetite going for scratching, give Ms Pinky a try. The package also includes a VST version. While it has some sticker drift in relative mode, it's very responsive otherwise, and you can even use 192kHz source files :D

You don't necessarily need a timecode vinyl/cd in order to use Pinky, you can also just load up the timecode audio file into a sampler of choice ;)

You can map the scratch wheel to the circle at the top left of grossbeat, this would let you use your wheel as a scratch effect

Destroy FX's Turntablist

was bioroid's plugin

available on the Pc and Mac

i don't really use it cause i just basically use a sampler
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

I am trying Gross Beat out again and for whatever reason I can simply not map the jog wheel to scratch wheel. Not sure what I'm missing here. I know the MIDI signal is CC 101 in Ableton. I know now that this has been pretty much what has been plaguing me this whole time with the different scratch VSTs. I know this is kind of going off from what I'm originally asking but I can't figure out anymore what I can do with this thing.

I don't know what anybody else thinks I can do, but thanks for showing me these things.

EDIT: Turntablist MIGHT be what I'm looking for, but I'm having a hard time setting it up in Ableton. I'll try and keep at it.

I never found anything satisfying. I end up using a Numark Axis 9. Burn what I want onto a CD and I can scratch what ever I want. It would be nice if I could grab incoming audio as well, but you can't have everything.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Kinda funny no one has mentioned this, did you try Traktor? Or another DJ program would work.

Deckadance or Mixx (which is free).

Yeah, the deck came with an LE version of Deckadance. It just seems like such a hokey program to work with (which is what I get for buying a hokey DJ deck, I guess). Plus this version doesn't work as a VST in Ableton, so that kind of frustrates me there. I'm going to look into Traktor and Mixxx when I have the time. Mixxx does look interesting for a free program so let's see how that works out.

Thanks for the response there.

Return to “Effects”