F**k it... I'm starting thread about this! RESULT!!!!!!!!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some years ago, Cakewalk couldn't find my customer account info. The customer number I gave them was coming up as nothing. I was trying to purchase an upgrade to Sonar. Eventually I think they just did the order without it. A few days later, I found an older purchase record that verified my customer number was right. I used it on another upgrade later and it worked.

????

Then there are the "we ran out of serial numbers" issues with some older plugins still offered for sale or download. Their web sites are notoriously incompatible with many web browsers (especially the forum). And now they mention having three stores?? Three? With three separate databases??

They're not a very organized company, are they?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

an-electric-heart wrote:Weird, I didn't realise they had "three different stores", I'm looking at it now, maybe I went U.S$ in the U.S, instead of U.S$ outside the U.S... sounds un-necessarily complex, can't see why it matters for downloadable software.
It matters for accountant and tax purposes. Believe it or not, corporations (and many people too) have to worry about that.
Fernando (FMR)

Had the same issue of not receiving an e-mail.

This post helped though:
Tompadom wrote:Thanks a lot realvision!

That finally worked. I somehow never got a mail after registering the serial with Cakewalk. I tried to register again today which was refused, but the "retrieve lost registration code" worked and showed the code on screen (why didn't they do that when I registered? What's their problem with my mail address?)
I was able to download the full 1.22 installer as advised and it actually worked with the numbers given.
So you could try "Retrieve lost registration code".

from the "Sweetwater Rapture Black Friday - Serial/Install Issues Thread"

sjm wrote:Had the same issue of not receiving an e-mail.

This post helped though:
Tompadom wrote:Thanks a lot realvision!

That finally worked. I somehow never got a mail after registering the serial with Cakewalk. I tried to register again today which was refused, but the "retrieve lost registration code" worked and showed the code on screen (why didn't they do that when I registered? What's their problem with my mail address?)
I was able to download the full 1.22 installer as advised and it actually worked with the numbers given.
So you could try "Retrieve lost registration code".

from the "Sweetwater Rapture Black Friday - Serial/Install Issues Thread"
But I don't even have a serial number, I have received no acknowledgement from Cakewalk what so ever, only a receipt from Paypal.

I would call Paypal directly. Also, have you tried to call Cakewalk directly? I bought Rapture boxed and someone had used the serial number already and I went through hell trying to get it authorized. But the onerous customer service guy got it sorted. Also, PP people have been very helpful.
Emails are a dime a dozen. Phone calls get results.

Not to deny that you (OP)have a serious problem...
I also had a problem with the Z3ta CM to Z3ta+2 upgrade but Cakewalk's Customer Service eventually worked it out, even though the cheap upgrade offer had expired. Try to work it out...Rapture is worth the $20 (plus the hassle). I really like the way it sounds, especially with the free additions like Rapture Muz3um.

Is there anything at all (including any previous orders for other products) listed under My Order History at the very bottom of the My Account page?

Just received an email from them with a serial and a download link, no further questions (I was fearing I might get something like "our system shows no record of you purchase" or something), and a "We apologize for the inconvenience"... so yeah, took a few weeks, but I'm pretty happy :D

You guys are customers from hell :hihi: :oops:

an-electric-heart wrote:Just received an email from them with a serial and a download link, no further questions (I was fearing I might get something like "our system shows no record of you purchase" or something), and a "We apologize for the inconvenience"... so yeah, took a few weeks, but I'm pretty happy :D
See? Thought it's not acceptable how long you had to wait, I knew they'd sort it eventually.

Also, I KNOW that if you did not post this, it would have never been sorted :hihi:

hibidy wrote:
an-electric-heart wrote:Just received an email from them with a serial and a download link, no further questions (I was fearing I might get something like "our system shows no record of you purchase" or something), and a "We apologize for the inconvenience"... so yeah, took a few weeks, but I'm pretty happy :D
See? Thought it's not acceptable how long you had to wait, I knew they'd sort it eventually.

Also, I KNOW that if you did not post this, it would have never been sorted :hihi:
In all seriousness, I thought "I wonder if this has something to do with the KVR thread?", I doubt it though, there's no way they could have connected "an-electric-heart" with what I'm called (my actual name) as my cakewalk login... unless they went through all their support emails and found the "What gives?!I didn't receive my s**t!!!" email... but regardless, sorted now.

Seriously though, if you wouldn't have started it, it would have lingered! :lol:

I know this.......start a thread with a gripe, somehow gripe gets sorted :shrug:

I'm just glad you have it worked out!

Glad to hear it worked out. If you emailed them the order number listed from PayPal, that might have been what helped them to sort it out.

FYI - they do also have a contact phone number. But that obviously won't be necessary now. Enjoy Rapture.

torgo wrote:Glad to hear it worked out. If you emailed them the order number listed from PayPal, that might have been what helped them to sort it out.

FYI - they do also have a contact phone number. But that obviously won't be necessary now. Enjoy Rapture.
I'm in New Zealand, Americans can't understand my accent :hihi:

Yeah, monolinguistic US Americans aren't too patient with multilingual people. :-P
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”