RapidComposer 2

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been monitoring the site closely and have been waiting for word on the update, which should have happened already. Any news?

Thank you for your enquiry!
We are working like crazy on the update which proved to be more difficult (90% of the UI was rewritten) than we first expected. However the result is above our expectations. In a few days I will post a screenshot here in this thread.

I expect the new version will be released between 10-15 December. Everything is working now but we still have to make a dozen smaller improvements that take 1-3 days each.

I make sure I'll update the News section.

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks for the reply. That's great news, in my experience with the demo, the power and functionality of the program seemed to be restricted by the difficulty of the interface so I'm very excited that this will be a main area of improvement.

Will this be a free update?

Yes, the update will be free for all v1.x owners.

I uploaded a screenshot for version 2.0:

Click here to view the full size image: http://www.musicdevelopments.com/V2screenshot.jpg

As you can see it is more usable on smaller screen space. Wherever you right click, a small inspector panel pops up where you can edit the properties of the clicked object (track, phrase, timeline, master track chords, transport buttons), execute actions peculiar to that object, show help, etc. On the screenshot you can see track properties, and master track actions panels that are movable and closable. The scale/chord/progression/etc browsers can be opened using the database icons at the top left corner and they can be moved around or closed when not needed.
Copy/paste works for phrases, and multiple chords can be selected on the master track as shown on the screenshot. The structure editor was simplified. Scale-relative chords (denoted with scale degree, traditional notation or harmonic function notation) can be used which lets you change the scale and listen to your composition in another key. There are dozens of other improvements as well.

Thanks,
Attila

Yes, much better than V1. Love the floating window for the phrase library. The icons at the top left side of the window are a bit cryptic. But one will certainly get used to it quickly. Looking forward to the release.

update on release date?

I am sorry, the release date will be January. We did our best to finish it in December but we couldn't.

The reason for the delay is that the chord palette window had to be redesigned. It is now usable for not just selecting chords for the composition but also in the phrase editor and progression editor, thus reducing the clutter in those views. Of course it supports chord selection by scale degree.

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks for keeping us updated and your open communication!

Sometimes complex development takes longer time than expected.
Personaly I prefere having a plan that gets revised than being kept in the dark.

Looking forward to January!

Como 8)
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

I'm wondering how this will stand up to the new cubase 7 chord assistent?It's pretty much the same thing plus it's a complete Sequencer.Is your programm comparable to Synfire by Cognitone?
Regards

It is entirely different to have an architecture that has a chord track from day 0, and where everything is a function of the current chord and scale than adding a Chord Track in Cubase but having other parts unrelated to it. Our software is built upon the chord track whereas it is an addition in Cubase. Everyone should try both programs and decide which one is the right tool for what he is trying to achieve.

I haven't tried Synfire, not even the demo version, but it seems to have a different philosophy from RapidComposer.

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”