I search for a vst effect to tweak portamento speed on monophonic audio signals in real-time

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It basically tracks the pitch of a monophonic audio singal. It has only one knob to change the speed between notes. No pitch correction is required. The only thing that should happen is more pitch glide. The result should sound like pitchbend between notes. And then the frequency update speed should be user tweakable. Imagine undersampling portamento. Sample&hold controlled by a clock oscillator. The frequency is now not updated every millisecond. It sounds like quantized pitch slides.

Bump.

melodyne i guess

You could probably resynthesize or resample the sound and automate an instrument playing it back.

For example take autotune. Remove the scale buttons. No pitch correction anymore. And now the gliding knob does not work because it skips no note.
Why must i always select a chord in order for the portamento to work?

I can't find it in google. (audio monophonic pitchglide portamento slide) vst effect.

QuikQuak Pitchwheel or zPlane Elastique Pitch.
Though youd need to utilise your hosts automation.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I will not use pitchbend knob automation.
I want to keep the original melody intact. The pitchtracker first removes pitch variations in the audio singal. Any note regardless octave becomes always note C5. Then the pitchtracker information can be smoothed to make portamento.

Jedinhopy wrote:I will not use pitchbend knob automation.
I want to keep the original melody intact. The pitchtracker first removes pitch variations in the audio singal. Any note regardless octave becomes always note C5. Then the pitchtracker information can be smoothed to make portamento.

Melodyne can remove all pitch from an audio track, like say a vocal you take the recorded track and u can make the singer sing all his words all at the same exact pitch.

and of course the whole point of Melodyne is to make him sing a completely different melody that what was recorded

however if u to affect Pitch AND time of an audio track, this is impossible without "time-stretching" which is close to granular-synthesis

this has to be an offline process with melodyne

in addition melodyne's full version can affect audio material that is polyphonic. Such as a chord. u can extract each note that makes up the chord and change each note independently
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

I think I can do this maybe 8D
I'll get back to you in the new year,
I'm away for summer,
but I certainly want to make a pitch shifting sequencer effect--
so porta is in there... I think I can make it work

Return to “Effects”