Driver - free NI plugin until 31 Dec.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Orrrr.... Does Komplete 9: Uber Komplete Edition come packaged inside of a 'free' orange, 1969 Camaro Z28?!??! :-o Sign me upppppp.

Cool gift, but I dunno if I'll use it. I've already got like 4-5 distortion plugs that get regular rotation.

Yes - thanks for the free plug heads up - nice gesture following their 160/la/76 sale last month... 8)

its free click authorize and thats it for "driver"
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

stanlea wrote:MAC DOWNLOAD (86 MB):
PC DOWNLOAD (42.7 MB):

:hihi:
more plugin formats than on the PC
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

As with all things NI, it only took 1/3 of forever to download and install ha-ha. :hihi: That said, it's pretty cool, just going through the presets was deafening though....Anybody else make a mad dash for the volume knob ?? I ran some loops through it, started out at 1/2 volume, ended with it set to 1 (out of 100) so as not blow my monitors or eardrums. I would NOT call it just distortion in a LOT of those preset cases, more like resonating feedback to the Nth degree or something. Not super useful those, but when you dial it back about 2/3 or 3/4, it does seem to have some pretty cool saturation and thickening possibilities. It's not going to replace CamelPhat for me, but hey, it's noisey and free, so whatevs right. :)

I finally installed and authorized. Man, this is a weird one. It still doesn't behave like I'd expect. Well, some of the time it does, in kind of a lackluster way, and then it seems to go from that to crazy, with not much in between. It's like the distortion doesn't do much until the filter starts to oscillate. A few of the presets are just insane.

Anyway, it's been a few hours since I played with it and I haven't been through the manual yet. Oh, and I don't do much with tempo-sync, but this seems like it would benefit greatly from that. Maybe I just didn't see it right off. I'm not so much complaining, mind you, especially for free, mostly just confused. It does look cool.

3ee wrote:Here's a good start for a saturation/dist patch:
Thank you for the example and workflow tips. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this kind of effect, so I appreciate every little bit of help I can get.

Cheers,

Trahast
Sigs are for siggies

FYI; Downloaded the Traktor Remix Sets and they are not usable unless you have Traktor. All are .trak file extenions .....
(So, no waves for you!)

hmmm, driver failed logic 8 validation (Mac OS 10.5.8). I guess I'm not worthy. (having bad luck with getting freebies to work today)
Why'd you slice off my hand?

What a fantastic toy! I don't see it as a distortion unit, but as a saturator. Fantastic on drums and basses. Thanks NI!

VitaminD wrote:Orrrr.... Does Komplete 9: Uber Komplete Edition come packaged inside of a 'free' orange, 1969 Camaro Z28?!??! :-o Sign me upppppp.
:hihi:

Trahast wrote:
3ee wrote:Here's a good start for a saturation/dist patch:
Thank you for the example and workflow tips. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this kind of effect, ...
Yeah, sure, no problem! Good luck with it, it's a doozy! :D ..you can sure find other way to successfully use this one as well.

Bump, c'mon ppl, get this for free before it's too late! you'll sure find a way to use it!

I like how NI describe it as the "rare pairing of a filter with a distortion unit"
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

@midnight wrote:I like how NI describe it as the "rare pairing of a filter with a distortion unit"
Haha,,, :hihi: now what they suppose to mean by that?

Return to “Effects”