What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Driver - free NI plugin until 31 Dec.

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!

7705 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from a state of confusion

Postby VitaminD; Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:22 pm

Orrrr.... Does Komplete 9: Uber Komplete Edition come packaged inside of a 'free' orange, 1969 Camaro Z28?!??! :-o Sign me upppppp.
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
Arglebargle
KVRAF

2993 posts since 18 Oct, 2004

Postby Arglebargle; Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:30 pm

Cool gift, but I dunno if I'll use it. I've already got like 4-5 distortion plugs that get regular rotation.
kylen
KVRAF

2028 posts since 18 Sep, 2003, from West Virginia USA

Postby kylen; Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:46 pm

Yes - thanks for the free plug heads up - nice gesture following their 160/la/76 sale last month... 8)
realmarco
Waaaaahhh

1375 posts since 29 Jul, 2001, from montreal, quebec,canada

Postby realmarco; Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:07 pm

its free click authorize and thats it for "driver"
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!
realmarco
Waaaaahhh

1375 posts since 29 Jul, 2001, from montreal, quebec,canada

Postby realmarco; Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:37 pm

stanlea wrote:MAC DOWNLOAD (86 MB):
PC DOWNLOAD (42.7 MB):

:hihi:

more plugin formats than on the PC
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!
Perimeter Sound
KVRian

1298 posts since 11 Oct, 2007

Postby Perimeter Sound; Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:17 pm

As with all things NI, it only took 1/3 of forever to download and install ha-ha. :hihi: That said, it's pretty cool, just going through the presets was deafening though....Anybody else make a mad dash for the volume knob ?? I ran some loops through it, started out at 1/2 volume, ended with it set to 1 (out of 100) so as not blow my monitors or eardrums. I would NOT call it just distortion in a LOT of those preset cases, more like resonating feedback to the Nth degree or something. Not super useful those, but when you dial it back about 2/3 or 3/4, it does seem to have some pretty cool saturation and thickening possibilities. It's not going to replace CamelPhat for me, but hey, it's noisey and free, so whatevs right. :)
antithesist
KVRian

933 posts since 8 Feb, 2012

Postby antithesist; Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:21 am

I finally installed and authorized. Man, this is a weird one. It still doesn't behave like I'd expect. Well, some of the time it does, in kind of a lackluster way, and then it seems to go from that to crazy, with not much in between. It's like the distortion doesn't do much until the filter starts to oscillate. A few of the presets are just insane.

Anyway, it's been a few hours since I played with it and I haven't been through the manual yet. Oh, and I don't do much with tempo-sync, but this seems like it would benefit greatly from that. Maybe I just didn't see it right off. I'm not so much complaining, mind you, especially for free, mostly just confused. It does look cool.
Trahast
KVRist

61 posts since 24 Nov, 2008

Postby Trahast; Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:01 am

3ee wrote:Here's a good start for a saturation/dist patch:

Thank you for the example and workflow tips. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this kind of effect, so I appreciate every little bit of help I can get.

Cheers,

Trahast
Sigs are for siggies
osiris
KVRAF

7320 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:12 am

FYI; Downloaded the Traktor Remix Sets and they are not usable unless you have Traktor. All are .trak file extenions .....
(So, no waves for you!)
megadude
KVRist

162 posts since 28 Aug, 2008

Postby megadude; Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:39 am

hmmm, driver failed logic 8 validation (Mac OS 10.5.8). I guess I'm not worthy. (having bad luck with getting freebies to work today)
Why'd you slice off my hand?
Igro
KVRAF

3659 posts since 26 Apr, 2007, from Noosphere

Postby Igro; Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:51 am

What a fantastic toy! I don't see it as a distortion unit, but as a saturator. Fantastic on drums and basses. Thanks NI!
christianmusicmaker
KVRAF

1666 posts since 1 Feb, 2004, from UK

Postby christianmusicmaker; Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:31 pm

VitaminD wrote:Orrrr.... Does Komplete 9: Uber Komplete Edition come packaged inside of a 'free' orange, 1969 Camaro Z28?!??! :-o Sign me upppppp.

:hihi:
3ee
KVRAF

2775 posts since 8 Mar, 2006

Postby 3ee; Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:46 pm

Trahast wrote:
3ee wrote:Here's a good start for a saturation/dist patch:

Thank you for the example and workflow tips. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this kind of effect, ...

Yeah, sure, no problem! Good luck with it, it's a doozy! :D ..you can sure find other way to successfully use this one as well.

Bump, c'mon ppl, get this for free before it's too late! you'll sure find a way to use it!
@midnight
KVRAF

1584 posts since 22 Apr, 2011, from The House of Zaid

Postby @midnight; Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:50 pm

I like how NI describe it as the "rare pairing of a filter with a distortion unit"
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
3ee
KVRAF

2775 posts since 8 Mar, 2006

Postby 3ee; Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:57 pm

@midnight wrote:I like how NI describe it as the "rare pairing of a filter with a distortion unit"

Haha,,, :hihi: now what they suppose to mean by that?
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects