What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

ValhallaVintageVerb 1.5.0b7 beta available for OSX & Windows. 6 new reverb modes. AAX/VST/AU/RTAS.

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

kgdrum
KVRist

194 posts since 12 Sep, 2005, from NYC

Postby kgdrum; Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:18 am

Congratulations Sean,I'm not going to even demo this ,with my next paycheck I will be adding VintageVerb & UberMod to my collection so ValhallaRoom has more company in my arsenal!

Vahalla Rocks! ;-)
MacPro 3.1 (2.8 Quad)24gig,OSX10.83, DP8.05 RME FF800,Great River ME-1NV,a few mics ,NI Komplete,numerous VI's & plugins vDrums TD20 expanded,Superior 2 etc,,UAD2...Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata,hard drives galore.
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

6352 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:27 am

Testing VVerb on some drums/percussion:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/vverb-drum-rooms
djscorb
KVRist

328 posts since 3 May, 2007, from UK

Postby djscorb; Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:48 am

Hi Sean

Wow! this seemed to come out of nowhere!

Probably like a lot of folks here that already have your other plugs, this has made my week. I was still trying to find a little seasonal gift to myself and this solves the problem without even having to worry about demoing! :)

Someone mentioned spring reverb and I would also like more options for this available. Is this something you can see as a possibilty for the future for Valhalla or are you more likely to stick to purely "digital" based algorithmic reverbs?

All the best :)
sqigls
KVRian

1367 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby sqigls; Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:25 am

Thank Christ, i mean Praise Valhalla, was juuuust about to pull the trigger on Room, when BANG. VintageVerb intercepts and scores the loot. Cheers Sean, it's going straight into my live reggae set, no questions asked, no demo downloaded.
Liero
KVRian

680 posts since 6 Mar, 2004

Postby Liero; Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:55 am

I'll just +1 everything that bmanic said, I have the _exact_ same experience with VRoom and now VintageRev. It's not a clearly negative thing but the point is that the Valhalla verbs are things you have to coax to make them work in a mix, I've never, ever been able to just slap a Valhalla verb on something and call it a day, it just doesn't blend together with a sound. To summarize: A lexicon reverb at 50% wet/dry level is one sound, valhalla room at 50% wet/dry level with no processing applied is two sounds that you have to work on to unify.

That said, great sound, great price, great product. SOLD!

EDIT= One more thing, can we please get predelay sync to host tempo? :)
osiris
KVRAF

7319 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:11 am

Vahalllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sinkmusic
KVRAF

5517 posts since 28 Apr, 2004, from france

Postby sinkmusic; Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:17 am

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/vverb-night-jazz
Wow, this one is nice !
Angelo Badalamenti, anyone ?
Fritze
KVRAF

1708 posts since 13 Aug, 2011, from Berlin

Postby Fritze; Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:26 am

Yes, congrats Sean! I had a good time scratching the surface of the demo and had a few WOAH! moments. (Diff Early:0% Late:100% is a weapon!) :-o 8)
BTW, I read through the whole thread hoping to find the fix for the "there are no presets in the demo" thingy. Intentionally? This is on Mountain Lion.
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

3773 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:33 am

Wha? Get the hell out! The coveted vintage reverbs for ValhallaDSP for the usual 50 bucks??!!

I'll buy it without even demoing it!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
hibidy
KVRAF

40711 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:37 am

There's something in the richness of this that is excessively appealing.

@mix: I don't understand that at all, I wish I could hear examples of what you mean.
aMUSEd
KVRAF

19644 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:39 am

aMUSEd wrote:Is it possible to override the colour change? - I prefer the NOW look

Bump
valhallasound
KVRAF

2828 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Pacific NW

Postby valhallasound; Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:49 am

Fritze wrote:Yes, congrats Sean! I had a good time scratching the surface of the demo and had a few WOAH! moments. (Diff Early:0% Late:100% is a weapon!) :-o 8)
BTW, I read through the whole thread hoping to find the fix for the "there are no presets in the demo" thingy. Intentionally? This is on Mountain Lion.

Probably a permissions issue on your system. I set the permissions with the installer, but what I ask Packagemaker to do, and what Packagemaker does on different Macs, are often entirely different things. FROWNY SMILEY FACE.

Check the read/write permissions on the following folder:

Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Valhalla DSP, LLC/ValhallaVintageVerb/Presets/Factory

Sean Costello
Arglebargle
KVRAF

2992 posts since 18 Oct, 2004

Postby Arglebargle; Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:56 am

well I bought it, ya bastard. I hope you're happy. That was the money for my medication.
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

3773 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:11 am

How's cpu? One of the best things about the vintage reverbs out there (The lex plugs, Breverb, CSR, VRoom Dark algos etc.) is the very low cpu usage. Does this have that nice low cpu as well?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
@midnight
KVRAF

1584 posts since 22 Apr, 2011, from The House of Zaid

Postby @midnight; Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:11 am

how does this one compare to CSR and Breverb?
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects