This new SSL channel strip from IK Multimedia looks great

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there any confirmation of a free upgrade to a new GUI for the SSL? It sounds good, but looks HORRIBLE.

jcoutu1 wrote:Is there any confirmation of a free upgrade to a new GUI for the SSL? It sounds good, but looks HORRIBLE.
No. But if we update the GUI it would be a silly thing to charge for, no?

Reminder - the window for the T-RackS CS Grand upgrade pricing is closing. Get upgraded for much lower than it will be in a few weeks. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/promos/?item_id=1842 [edit - fixed link] ... British Channel is a great-sounding single piece of gear to use Gear Credits that were snapped up during the last Group Buy too.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just to those that can't access the IKM boards, what will the prices be?

I asked this before in another thread, but you couldn't provide any answer.

Currently, I find the offer from Deluxe to Grande fair. But if it'll be 150 after the end of the deal, I'll highly pass.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I can't provide an answer there either. Looks like these are 50% off though. When it is set, I'll let you know, but bank on at least twice what these are.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Reminder - the window for the T-RackS CS Grand upgrade pricing is closing. Get upgraded for much lower than it will be in a few weeks.
I remeber reading it is until January 15?

meloco_go wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Reminder - the window for the T-RackS CS Grand upgrade pricing is closing. Get upgraded for much lower than it will be in a few weeks.
I remeber reading it is until January 15?
January 7th. Pricing, dates, more information here - http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/promos/?item_id=1842

Weirdly, that IK forum link goes to this: AmpliTube iOS v2.8 updated with new Jimi Hendrix gear.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I can't provide an answer there either. Looks like these are 50% off though. When it is set, I'll let you know, but bank on at least twice what these are.
This is IMO stupid and beyond competitive.

And 79EUR upgrade from Deluxe to Grande is fair, but spending 160 bucks plus VAT is not. Going from Singles/Standard at this rate lies on a whole different ballpark.

This is why I hate IKM in terms of being secretive. If I would have known that back in the day, I might have brought up the cash for the 4x GearCredits. But at this rate, I'll never the Grande thing since other stuff has a constant higher priority.

Deluxe is now at 199USD, price dropped, Grande at 399USD. Difference - 200quids. So the upgrade WILL BE 200 quids and not 99USD)

Heck even WAVES is more competitive these days. Though I get where you people need to get your money from... :roll: It's just great that we can barely ever combine JamPoints with purchases. :dog:

And I don't remember seeing that 50% info at initial launch of the deal. :shrug:

"But you were an early adopter and got your use out of these plugins". Yeah yeah, I get it. Sheesh... But it's good to see that there is at least an upgrade path now...

Finally.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compy - the news says "50% off upgrade specials". You have your answer. There you go.

The plugins are worth either price, if you don't agree with that statement you can either buy at the reduced price, use other incentives like JamPoints when the introductory upgrade deal is over, of not participate at all.

This deal, and how people qualify is actually pretty clear cut - though you'd never know it from the threads.

EDIT - link didn't need to be fixed, don't know what was going on for you antithesist but I verified that's the correct link to the T-RackS news.

Peter...

Am I to understand that JamPoints cannot be used for this 50% upgrade offer?

And can you use JamPoints to buy Custom Shop credit packages? I'm a little overwhelmed by all the changes on the IK website and feeling a little confused with the whole Custom Shop thing and how it works with all my existing products.

I see downloads for transferring presets which has me really weary of making the transition to T-Racks Custom Shop versus just sitting pretty with all the stuff I have already installed (including CSR).

Final question... when SampleTank 3 comes out will I be able to buy that using my Custom Shop Gear credits or not? Should I leave my JamPoints for that?

Truly, the new setup seems a lot more complicated than it used to be, though I doubt that was your intention. Maybe once I start using it things will seem easier.
Somewhere in the background zedd

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Compy - the news says "50% off upgrade specials". You have your answer. There you go.
It wasn't there on initial launch, and I just made the connection. 200quids is steep. But considering you get 7 plugins as upgrade, you "might" only pay 29USD per plugin - plus VAT of course (in Germany, additional 19%, so it'd be 239USD).

Then again, there's the problem with those that have DX and Black/White already, the current deal is fine. But at regular price... not so much. On the other hand, only Black/Blue and British interest me. The rest not. Then the price for Deluxe dropped drastically, which gives me the impression "well, your plugins are worth nothing much anymore - want more high quality, spend another 200 quids".

It's hard finding a balance. But I think a 150USD upgrade price is just more fair for longtime users, while complete new users pay 50 quid more. Still steep, but at least some bone with some remaining flesh bits to chew on.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:The plugins are worth either price, if you don't agree with that statement you can either buy at the reduced price, use other incentives like JamPoints when the introductory upgrade deal is over, of not participate at all.
This is my problem... if you lower the prices, one can NOT use Jampoints. If you make deals, the same. Also, Jampoints are only a drop in the ocean. As I said, if I had the funds, I would have gone for the Custom Shop deal - but I'm low on funds, so I have to pass on a lot of things and just focus on what's really important: family/food/apartment and then in the far distance software upgrades...

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:This deal, and how people qualify is actually pretty clear cut - though you'd never know it from the threads.
You know the bigger picture and I know the rules in terms of NDA. But the secretive behavior constantly, on top of the "pimping" of software (a normal post, filled with links to IKM software) is just taking the icing of the cake.

Maybe I can jump on either of these packs eventually - whether or not this is fair lies on a whole different ballpark - but there is a lot going into the wrong direction with IKM lately.

Just my 2c.

+1 for everything that Compy wrote :tu:

IKM is definitely losing my respect...

Peter: Sorry, I should have and meant to quote the message I was referring to, since it wasn't the immediately previous one. Here it is:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
jcoutu1 wrote:Is there any confirmation of a free upgrade to a new GUI for the SSL? It sounds good, but looks HORRIBLE.
No. But if we update the GUI it would be a silly thing to charge for, no?

Reminder - the window for the T-RackS CS Grand upgrade pricing is closing. Get upgraded for much lower than it will be in a few weeks. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... 129#p26883 ... British Channel is a great-sounding single piece of gear to use Gear Credits that were snapped up during the last Group Buy too.

Thank you, antithesist - weird, I'll update that one ASAP.

@zedd - While you cannot use JamPoints on the 50% upgrade introductory pricing, you CAN use JamPoints to purchase Gear Credit packs and while SampleTank 3 isn't at the point where we've hashed out the whole process of attaining soundpacks, However, the Magic 8 Ball would reply "all signs point to yes" and this is definitely fortified by the trajectory we've been following lately.

In general, I know that many feel it is "unfair" in different ways - not using JamPoints for something that is already marked 50% off what it will be in less than 3 weeks, not qualifying for any upgrade from a product that wasn't purchased even if four-fifths of said Singles were free bonuses from a Group Buy, etc... I understand that there are some with circumstances that DO require attention but most of the requests (and many of the complaints in public that don't mention this) have been due to these reasons. I feel that it is more than fair to give some context here.

Hey Peter,

I just upgraded to CS Grand and everything went smoothly. Do you know if updates to the Pultec and Fairchild are in the works, similar to the black76 and white2a updates? If so, would those be free updates as well? Any new news on a GUI update for the British? Thanks man!

Return to “Effects”