Real Instrument Sounds In Omnisphere

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I asked Eric about this awhile back on this forum. Adding a comprehensive selection of real instrument sounds into the omnisphere library, adding much more sonic potential.

He said that he's already done that before, and it doesn't excite him to do it again. He also said that their are plenty of places to get those sounds already.

While he is correct, I believe it would add so much to omnisphere for it to have a large variety of expertly sampled real instruments, with that signature spectrasonics sound.

Omnisphere already has a small collection of real instruments, and all of those sound really good. It would be an amazing addition for it to have a nice collection of acoustic pianos, solo strings, etc.

I feel that increasing the acoustic potential of omnisphere would only make it a much better product in the long-run.

daExpert wrote:While he is correct, I believe it would add so much to omnisphere for it to have a large variety of expertly sampled real instruments, with that signature spectrasonics sound.
That you could then sample and sell for a lower price as suggested in this other thread of yours:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=368580

And in any case. Omnisphere sells because it is Omnisphere, not because it is Kontakt.

standalone wrote:
daExpert wrote:While he is correct, I believe it would add so much to omnisphere for it to have a large variety of expertly sampled real instruments, with that signature spectrasonics sound.
That you could then sample and sell for a lower price as suggested in this other thread of yours:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=368580
Yeah, let's just view things in the most negative way possible.

Yeah, that's exactly what I want to do. Rip spectrasonics off and put them out of business. It's all about me. ME! ME! ME!

If you think that adding more real instruments to omnisphere is a bad idea, that's fine. But don't judge me without knowing me. Okay?

tehlord wrote:And in any case. Omnisphere sells because it is Omnisphere, not because it is Kontakt.
It does sell because it is omnisphere. But I think it would sell better if it was omnisphere in addition to more real instrument sounds. Do you disagree?

Yeah, I disagree.

Not really after Omnisphere for real instruments.
Also if it did include them, it wouldn't have motivated me any extra to purchase it.

No offense but I think you're kind of missing the point of this product and the target audience/market.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

While I disagree with daExpert's view that Eric should allow direct sampling of Omni's samples in a non-musical work context without any special licensing agreement, I agree with him about wanting to see more real-instrument sounds in Omni, sampled with the care and precision that Eric does. That would be very useful for those of us who live-play and want a rig as simple as possible. Mine right now has Kontakt, Omni, Massive, Pianoteq, Zebra, and VB3. Give me an excuse to simplify that by one or two.

Well, they did burn a REAL piano. They sample REAL Tuvan throat singers and choirs. They have REAL strings and guitars. trillion is as REAL as you will likely get. I think the problem is that Eric is über creative and gets bored with normal stuff. Also, what would Diego do if he had to do REAL as,mooing and not mic a light bulb. mind numbingly boring.
Jason Schoepfer
Rocky Mountain Sounds
http://www.rockymountainsounds.com

I don't think that it's because he gets bored, but more the argument that it has been done already, so he would rather explore new sonic territories & possibilities, rather than just rehash the old ones. :shrug:

Besides the "real instrument" market is already pretty much oversaturated & crowded, so he has himself a pretty much untapped market and niche with the Omni-thing.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

no interest in 'real' instruments in omni

for it to be worth them doing it would need to be better than the libraries that most others already have anyway

that would mean a huge jump in the already large library...it would also come at a greater cost

and all for what ?? seriously, the next piano i get will be modelled and weigh all of a few megabytes

might a suggest that, apropos of your other thread, you spend the next few years creating the best multisampled 'real' instruments, then give permission to spectrasonics to sell them as expansion packs or whatever they wish to do with them :)

Here's another vote for more "real" instruments in Omnisphere. I'd love that, because I know Eric & company would do an excellent job.

But it's not going to happen. Omnisphere just isn't designed for that. It excels at modulation and has excellent underlying sound sources. But although it's technically a sampler like Kontakt, the foundational tools for realistic instrument emulation (e.g. velocity layers, keyswitches, scripting) are weak or nonexistent in Omnisphere. It is designed to be a closed, proprietary system that's really, really good at a limited number of things.

or better yet- burn more REAL instruments for the next release.
You know....
we can never get enough of.....

Burning Cowbell!!!!!!
Jason Schoepfer
Rocky Mountain Sounds
http://www.rockymountainsounds.com

bbaggins wrote:Here's another vote for more "real" instruments in Omnisphere. I'd love that, because I know Eric & company would do an excellent job.

But it's not going to happen. Omnisphere just isn't designed for that. It excels at modulation and has excellent underlying sound sources. But although it's technically a sampler like Kontakt, the foundational tools for realistic instrument emulation (e.g. velocity layers, keyswitches, scripting) are weak or nonexistent in Omnisphere. It is designed to be a closed, proprietary system that's really, really good at a limited number of things.
That's a good point. We'll see what the future brings.

daExpert
We'll see what the future brings
Yeah ... spectrasonics' future.

I wonder what they have planned for NAMM next year?

Omni et al are all due for an upgrade / makeover.

I'm as eager as the next person to know what this might be.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

daExpert wrote:
tehlord wrote:And in any case. Omnisphere sells because it is Omnisphere, not because it is Kontakt.
It does sell because it is omnisphere. But I think it would sell better if it was omnisphere in addition to more real instrument sounds. Do you disagree?
I'm not a sound designer but I totally disagree with you.
I was at ILIO when Spectrasonics had a preview for Omnisphere. Eric and Diego were there.
Someone ask the same question about real instruments, Eric said, you want real instruments look at other libraries. Omnisphere isn't about sounding of real instruments.
I totally get what he was saying, produce unreal sounding instruments with Omnisphere.

I think there's plenty of samplers out there that you can load your real instruments, but there's only one Ominsphere.

One other thing I heard Eric say in another video (which I'm trying to look for), he mentioned that not all the sound sources within Omnisphere are associated to presets.
So not only do Spectrasonics blow your mind with all the presets they have in Omnisphere, you still have untouched sound sources you can work with. :D

So leave Brittney alone :cry: , I mean, leave Omnisphere alone...

Return to “Instruments”