Anyone purchase or use all the AAS plugs? Are they worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you buy it cheap, why not,,, ? ;) Their license transfer is first class, BTW. So maybe buy a few of their plugins second-hand and then upgrade to their full collection when they have a discount offer on it...

paulbreeze wrote:If you buy it cheap, why not,,, ? ;) Their license transfer is first class, BTW. So maybe buy a few of their plugins second-hand and then upgrade to their full collection when they have a discount offer on it...
+1 on their license transfer
+1 on buying them second hand first - you can also get the Session version for dirt cheap here in the market, it's a good taste of what are the full plugins are capable of.
Also, full version of Ultra Analog VA-1 is sold on KVR around the 25$ price tag, that's a no-brainer.

I really only like Chromaphone solidly enough to recommend it, though sometimes I will layer String Studio with things. Really a matter of taste though.

For things Chromaphone doesn't do, I actually prefer Modelonia for its weirdness. I like PM sounds that don't actually sound like a known instrument, otherwise I tend to prefer samples. Modelonia is good for bizarro hybrid sounds. :)

Don't they all have trials? I mean.. why not try them all and see if a bundle would suit you?

I've had Tassman twice and both Strum Acoustic Session and UltraAnalog once.. The only one I currently own still is Strum Acoustic Session. I didn't particularly care for Tassman and UltraAnalog's sound.

But that is me. You are you.

They might be perfectly wonderful for you. You won't know it until you try them.

i use loundge-lizard seession everyday

and their free AAS player "swatches" has some really usable presets
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

I own both Strum libraries and Lounge Lizard. I like them all great synths. I have spent some time with Chromaphone as well I might upgrade to the full bundle as its the same price as Chromaphone alone and it looks like a great deal.

i have them all except strum electric. as mentioned, GUIs could really use some upgrading and yes, Tassman builder is clunky to work with. but the sounds...fantastic, i think. seriously excellent. i use Tassman, String Studio, and Chromophone all the time, Ultra Analog fairly frequently, LL and Strum Acoustic less so, although i have been using LL more and more. i just upgraded to LL4 and it's amazing. i generally like to make realistic sounding instruments that don't exist and the AAS collection are some of the best tools for the job (IMO).

So, i'd say yes get the collection if you can.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

I just got Chromaphone and Lounge Lizard 4 in their 1+1 deal. I also have Ultra Analog from a no-brainer sale at audiomidi.com.

My fav if Chromaphone. My god. What an instrument. Ultra Analog is also very, very good. I haven't had the chance to extensively try out LL4 yet but from a quick run through the presets that thing is awesome too.

You can't go wrong with these guys. Their Strum libraries never did it for me though, they sound too synthy to me. I know that they actually are synths and not sample-based instruments so they could be fabulous for other uses.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ultra analog is one of the best sounding VSTi that I ever heard!
I've Diva, Arturia's and Xils-Lab synths, and the Ultra Analog definitely sit well into my mix, even it cost me 25E in the used section!

So go for them, specially the Lounge Lizard is THE product if you want an electric piano (I have the Ableton version so I'm happy with it).
God save the Groove!

Return to “Instruments”