DJ Rig for iPad Now Available in the App Store

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

I really need an ipad

Lol, don't we all. The best part about an iPad IMO is the touch interface. Really changes how you can use it in your DJ performance. Especially the FX.

I just bought this. First 4 tries it crashed on going to menu. When it finally opened, I registered and bought the pro bundle. Any news on a new update to fix stability. This has a ton of features. I bought djay by algoriddem also. DJ rig has more features, but I sure would like that stable response. Looks promising if you keep up on updates. I generally steer away from ik multimedia projects because of the aggressive campaigning on this forum (my own honest opinion which I'm sure you have encountered before), but this one seemed to have the features I was looking for. It does have the features and is analyzing (slowly - edit...snails pace slowly)) my music library. Very cool. Hope to get some use out of this. This looks to be a full fledged DJ Rig (hence the name suits it) and looks to be a ton of fun. I will reserve any reviews as I always do until I have had a chance to play with it over a couple months and a couple updates down the line. I hate premature reviews, so don't participate in the quick draw McGraw reviewing style until I know what it oes and limitations and what a company does to listen to issues or implement features.

Any plans on Audiobus integration?
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Have you reported your crashing issue to support? http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support

I don't have any specifics on Audiobus integration yet. Is there a public SDK for it yet? That's also something that would probably push things along there.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Have you reported your crashing issue to support? http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support

I don't have any specifics on Audiobus integration yet. Is there a public SDK for it yet? That's also something that would probably push things along there.
I'll report it if I can reproduce it. Has not happened since registering the project and buying the pro bundle. Still playing with this, but this is a great DJ app. Any plans for letting users import their own samples to make sample banks for the pads? The interface is intuitive and great UI. I like it so far very much.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:Any plans for letting users import their own samples to make sample banks for the pads? The interface is intuitive and great UI. I like it so far very much.
I guess it isn't intuitive enough :) You can import your own samples for the pads now...

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:Any plans for letting users import their own samples to make sample banks for the pads? The interface is intuitive and great UI. I like it so far very much.
I guess it isn't intuitive enough :) You can import your own samples for the pads now...
You're right, how could I miss that 4 menu layer deep option........
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Ok, so two days of playing with this and I'm hooked. I hope people are grabbing at introductory price.

Hmmm, maybe I will give some other products a chance from IK Multimedia......haha.

I know the Audiobus SDK will be public some time in the future, so will be cooler when it has that, but this has a ton of self contained features that are well thought out.

Thanks Peter for the hint it already has sample import.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Thank you for the kind words and pointing out that it is hard to find that feature. Noted :)

Ok, so this thing would be insanely cool with a dual deck controller that had pads. Numark probably is locked into idjay, but maybe vestax or another company could put out something with some really responsive pads in a 4x4 config in between the decks right above the fader and a quick toggle to switch between pad bank A and pad bank B, then right above some rotary knobs for controlling volumes, pans, filter parameters, etc or even better, the dual x/y pads right below the decks and the 4x4 pads still in the middle with th cue point/loop controls above the platters. The 4x4 pads could use the first row or last row to change banks unless you used it to control another drum machine app that uses 4x4 pads like iMPC or Beatmaker 2, Beatpad, Beat-Machine, etc. It would have to be a little big so you can get good tactile feel on everything, but dont skimp on some velocity sensitive pads and big x/y pads for effects. Platters themselves could be same size as CD.

I'm sure you guys might already be thinking about it, but I nearly went and plopped $400 on the idj pro because of the big controls.

The idj pro has that big spot in the middle to put the ipad flat in, but that space could be used elsewhere and just make the ipad fit snugly on a stand that kicks it back some, coming out the back of the unit.

If you get it built, I'm buying for sure. I mean, you guys went over the top with features in comparison to competition, but the competition has way more controllers out for it.. Make sure it has plenty of I/O also so we can midi in/out, mic in, stereo in, then stereo out too to go to speakers. That way I can incorporate my laptop rig right in with it from the stereo outs of my audio interface, then go from controller to speakers and a mix knob for the two sources. If you can keep it close to price of idj pro, but a little more obviously for one good pads built in and solid construction that feels like it is built tough, then we are talking a really hot combo. Placing the ipad on a stand hooked to the back of the unit leaves room for lightning connector to 30 pin adapters without interference too.

A lot to ask I know. But can't hurt to ask....

I didn't buy the idj pro because between the two apps, I like dj rig much better, and if I spend $400 on a controller for iDjay, I will not use dj rig anymore to justify my spending.

On the other hand, I might be able to get versatile with some Audiobus and iMPC or Beatmaker + the controller + dj rig. Like an all in one ipad setup if I had that kind of controller to plug into.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”