problem with cubase 7 upgrade e- licence

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi guys

i have just purchased the upgrade from cubase 6.5 to cubase 7, now i have installed it and ok

but when it comes to start cubase 7, it requests ( of course) to registrate the product; then i click on "actiavte licence" or something like that, then i digit my activation code ( until now eberything ok, because at the end of the digitation it correctly says "cubase 7 licence etc etc", bu then it says : "continu".

qhen i click "continue" it says that no licence on which to perform upgrade are available and to connect a usb e licencer to the computer

well, my usb e licencer IS connected, is properly installed, and it displays all the licences that i already have on it ( included cubase 6.5 )...

i dont know what happens, i removed the usb licencer, re-connected it to the usb port, re-done those things-..but the same problem occurs

any idea?

I have two ideas:

A- Download and install the latest version of the eLicenser software, if you haven't already.

B-Contact Steinberg support if 'A' doesn't work.

hi thanx for the answer in christmas time :) :)

yes i contacted them i wrote in their forum; i have instaled the latest version of elicencer

nothing happens thoug :(

Until they answer you back I guess you must rely on classic all around solutions:

Have you tried connecting the dongle to a different port?

Have you tried a reboot?

Other possibility is that they have sent you a wrong license. That is, one for a different update or upgrade path.

hi again and thanx again

ye, i tried both

the activation code is printed on the sheet of my boxed version , and further, when i go to the activation process it recognizes it because it says ( before clicking "continue" ) "cubase 7 ".so it recognizes it :( :(

really really worried

When i bought the update i a store i had the same problem. Turned out i bought a cubase studio 5 to cubase 7 update having a cubase 5 license on the elicenser. So: did you buy the appropiate update?

Giusmex wrote:hi again and thanx again

ye, i tried both

the activation code is printed on the sheet of my boxed version , and further, when i go to the activation process it recognizes it because it says ( before clicking "continue" ) "cubase 7 ".so it recognizes it :( :(

really really worried
Yes, I mean that maybe they printed a code for a Cubase 5 to Cubase 7 upgrade, for example.

In any case, there is no reason to worry, they will solve your problem 100%

The only issue is that Christmas is here and maybe they will be a bit more slow than usual.

i dont get it, what do you mean with: "but when it comes to start cubase 7, it requests ( of course) to registrate the product; then i click on "actiavte licence" or something like that, then i digit my activation code"

nothig to do with starting cubase. the code is for your elicenser on the stick. what exactly is saved there? still 6.5 or cubase 7?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:i dont get it, what do you mean with: "but when it comes to start cubase 7, it requests ( of course) to registrate the product; then i click on "actiavte licence" or something like that, then i digit my activation code"

nothig to do with starting cubase. the code is for your elicenser on the stick. what exactly is saved there? still 6.5 or cubase 7?
hi murnau

i mean that when i run cubase 7, BEFORE the program is run, it requires me to activate the licence; then i try to actiavte it, and then the problem ....

It was a little tricky for me too. It's not everyday that we have to do this. Did you click on the pic of the dongle in the elicenser and then update? I'm loving C7 btw. I wasn't impressed right away, but now I am really digging it...and not only the mixer. :D

Eric C. wrote:It was a little tricky for me too. It's not everyday that we have to do this. Did you click on the pic of the dongle in the elicenser and then update? I'm loving C7 btw. I wasn't impressed right away, but now I am really digging it...and not only the mixer. :D
hi eric

yes i did it, now i have checked the package, and it actually IS right, that is to say, update from cubase6.X to cubase 7

i have no luck in updates....always problems... :( :(

hi there

strange as I never had trouble with cubase updates
what i always do is tranfer the new licence on the usb licenser first then install the update program, cubase shouldn't ask you anything to do then

good luck

Giusmex wrote:
Eric C. wrote:It was a little tricky for me too. It's not everyday that we have to do this. Did you click on the pic of the dongle in the elicenser and then update? I'm loving C7 btw. I wasn't impressed right away, but now I am really digging it...and not only the mixer. :D
hi eric

yes i did it, now i have checked the package, and it actually IS right, that is to say, update from cubase6.X to cubase 7

i have no luck in updates....always problems... :( :(

still no answer from steinberg support...

:(

It's Sunday ...

yes and just because its sunday i had time to play :(

:)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”