What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Active amplified acousic instruments?? Transducer idea.

...and how to do so...

Moderators: justin3am, Hink, Moderators (Main)

Taika-Kim
KVRist

302 posts since 14 May, 2002, from feather island

Postby Taika-Kim; Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:02 am Active amplified acousic instruments?? Transducer idea.

My computer went boom, so for now can't do anything with audio.

But I got the idea:
I have some contact microphones and pretty strong transducers, would it work if I miked the instrument, say an acoustic guitar from the soundboard with contacts, tweaked the delay to 0ms and fed the output back to the soundboard to actually make the instrument play louder?
Winstontaneous
KVRian

557 posts since 14 Feb, 2006, from Berkeley, CA

Postby Winstontaneous; Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:30 pm

Taika-Kim wrote:My computer went boom, so for now can't do anything with audio.

But I got the idea:
I have some contact microphones and pretty strong transducers, would it work if I miked the instrument, say an acoustic guitar from the soundboard with contacts, tweaked the delay to 0ms and fed the output back to the soundboard to actually make the instrument play louder?

Sounds fun, give it a go and report back!
May not give you exactly the results, but it should be interesting. If nothing else you might get some crazy noise out of it.
CrystalWizard
KVRist

215 posts since 10 Jul, 2008, from north sf bay, ca, usa

Postby CrystalWizard; Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:48 pm

most likely feed back. if you put a bunch of effects in line you can get some wild sounds. i would recommend being very careful with the volume. sounds like fun

Moderators: justin3am, Hink, Moderators (Main)

Return to DIY: Build it and they will come