VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[***UPDATE: enChord can now be acquired directly from Avantgarde Sound at
http://www.avantgardesound.com/ securely using PayPal]

INTRODUCTION

Hey all music makers,

I am very excited that I, like hopefully all of you, managed to survive the Change to a New Era. This is Avantgarde Audio. Avantgarde Audio is really just me, a one-man effort.

Contributing something of true value to the music-making scene has been a dream of a lifetime for me. After many years of hard work, tons of money spent, lots of study/research, and carefully following the latest technologies…

I decided to go public with my current development: enChord v1

enChord's name is a play of words between "encore" and "chord", pronounced "äNkôrD"

enChord is defined as a harmony modular super algorithm; a 21st century MIDI control super instrument

enChord is a fully working prototype implemented in Lemur's framework, but enChord is also currently being ported to other major touch platforms, like iPad (standalone version), Android, Windows 8, etc. Plans to make enChord a standalone hardware instrument are being discussed.

I lost my day job, so, to help fund the project, I set up an eBay sale, for which you will get the full working version of enChord for Lemur as a thank you for your support.

You can acquire the fully working version of enChord for Lemur Ipad here (again, other platforms to follow --with your support):
http://search.ebay.com/?sass=avantgardeaudio&ht=

You can take a look at enChord's first video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-jZjvJOpdo

An album of images and snapshots here:
http://s1296.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... instrument

Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones.

Sincerely,
Avantgarde Audio

PS: I sure have been a member on a personal level for several years, but never as Avantgarde Audio. Dear Moderators, if you find my presentation inadequate for your forum in any way, please don't hesitate to let me know. I definitely thank you ALL for your support to the enChord project.

WHAT IS enChord?
enChord is the harmony modular super algorithm; a 21st century MIDI control super instrument.
Or let's try another way to put it: enChord is a truly innovative application that lets you design harmonically perfect chords using all of the most popular music scales in the world with the assistance of one-touch chord progression analysis and scale modulation analysis, for you to either compose music, perform music (using the included innovative PadBoard and TileBoard MIDI controllers), or BOTH by utilizing this completely innovative system when it comes to user-friendly interaction for performing and writing music.

enChord is excessively easy to use, but the results can be as mesmerizingly complex as you want them to be = true power to you.

enChord fully working prototype was developed by Avantgarde Audio using Liine's Lemur framework with the purpose of aiding composers, songwriters and performers with their ultimate task in a totally new, improved and faster way. enChord is currently being ported to other major touch platforms, like iPad (standalone version), Android, Windows 8, etc. Plans to make enChord a standalone hardware instrument are being discussed.
To support further development and porting to other platforms, you can either buy the fully working version of enChord here, make donations, or both. Further development and porting fully depends on the support of the community and the industry.

enChord is a super instrument, a new approach to music creation with user interaction that breaks through the boundaries of known instruments to date.
Check the images to clearly see out what does what. Easy workflow has a new name: enChord.

FEATURES LIST:

• NoteBoard, a 108 "note canvas" for state of the art chord design and chord progression design.

• ChordLibrary, 5832 immediately available chords at the touch of one finger, featuring avant-garde (pun totally intended!) workflow and ergonomics not ever seen before… with direct audition.

• ScaleLibrary, dozens of musical scales (Major? Harmonic Minor? Gypsy? Bebop? Oriental? Hindu? You name it... they are all in enChord's ScaleLibrary)

• Real time, generative scale "mood" audition

• One-touch chord analysis and chord progression suggester

• One-touch scale analysis and scale modulation suggester (world's first thanks to enChord's unique workflow)

• ChordBank feature for chord storage and direct chord audition of your stored factory or modified chords on every session

• ModBank feature: you can store your scale modulations and go back to your base scale at any time!

• TileBoard: a surface of harmonically perfect "tiles" for ultimate performance with no wrong notes; a dynamic self-regeneration-capable multi-touch instrument with expression control, channel aftertouch control and velocity control for each harmonic Tile for real-world expressivity!

• PadBoard, a dynamic pad-based board (ala MPC) that is dynamically re-built according to the user-selected scale

• MIDI channel selection enabling you to control up to 3 different external instruments at a time

• enChord is compatible with all DAWs that support MIDI

• enChord is compatible with all hardware and software instruments that support MIDI

• enChord features a state of the art, ultra ergonomic, user-friendly interface and workflow. Steve Jobs would be Avantgarde's best friend

• enChord can be used by anyone who can install a MIDI controller; enChord's harmony analytics and performance controllers CAN help all musicians of all genres. Musicians and composers of all skill levels will definitely find a use for enChord in their workflow. 100% certainty.

• With your support, more features coming soon...

enChord videos will keep being added here in YouTube:
enChordVersion1 - YouTube
You can also take a look at the attached snapshots.

VIDEO HERE:
Last edited by Avantgarde Sound on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:31 am, edited 4 times in total.

enChord first version and prototype was created using Liine's Lemur framework/environment, so you need Liine's Lemur app for iPad. Liine's Lemur works well in all iPad versions/generations. MIDI connectivity via wireless Lemur Daemon or via an iPad MIDI interface supported (all major interfaces are supported, such as Line 6's or IK Multimedia's):
enChord TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:

- iPad (any generation) with wireless MIDI connectivity OR with an iPad-compatible MIDI hardware interface (again, IK's and Line 6's work great)
- Lemur Editor installed in your MAC or Windows (XP, 7 or 8) computer so you can load enChord to Lemur's library.
Liine's Lemur users can download the latest version of Lemur editor here: Support – Liine

Of course, enChord is a MIDI controller super instrument, so it does not produce any sound on its own. You need either a hardware or a software synthesizer with MIDI connectivity for you to really take advantage of enChord powerful features.

COMPATIBILITY

enChord can control any MIDI capable instrument whether software (VST, AU, AAX, etc.) or hardware (any hw synthesizer with MIDI connectivity), and be connected to them via any MIDI DAW (Reaper, Cubase, Digital Performer, Logic, Sonar, FL Studio, Live, Acid, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude, Renoise, Reason, Studio One) just like any other MIDI controller, or directly via an iPad-compatible MIDI interface (such as IK's iRig MIDI, or Line 6's MIDI Mobilizer, etc.)

HOW TO INSTALL

1. Start Lemur Editor in your computer.
2. Open your enChord v1.0 application file you received from Avantgarde Audio.
3. Hold the ALT key and then press C in your computer keyboard to establish a connection with Lemur on iPad.
4. Either
- Select the MIDI port you are outputting from Lemur's MIDI output target 1 in the software instrument or DAW you are using in your computer, OR
- Connect the MIDI output cable coming from your iPad's MIDI device (such as iRig MIDI or Mobilizer or USB MIDI cable etc.) to your synthesizer or computer MIDI input connector.

That's it :)

TIP: Save enChord to your Lemur Library in your iPad, this way you can start it directly from Lemur, and skip steps 1 to 3 above. From then on, you will only need to perform step 4!

Liine's Lemur users can download the latest version of Lemur editor at Liine's site.

LEMUR-RELATED SUPPORT

As a one-man ultra-small operation, I hope it is reasonable to ask that you submit Lemur-specific questions to Liine's support.

You will also find videos related to installation, etc., there.

For enChord-specific support, please DO NOT contact Liine's suport, you can ask questions to Avantgarde Audio. Thank you!

RELEASE NOTES/CONDITIONS
- Original enChord development, concept, workflow, GUI, and idea by A. I./Avantgarde Audio
- Software implementation and prototype accomplished using Liine's Lemur development framework
- All other brands and technologies are the property of their respective owners
- enChord, the enChord workflow, the enChord concept, the enChord software implementation are the intellectual property and copyright work of A. I./Avantgarde Audio. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, Mexico & United States & Worldwide, December 1, 2012-2050 ©
- A user licensed by Avantgarde Audio is ONLY authorized to use enChord as is. User modifications to enChord using Lemur Editor are allowed for personal use ONLY, and are forbidden for distribution/sharing/resale by any means
- enChord is not to be used, imitated, counterfeited, distributed, copied, and/or shared by any means without written permission provided specifically by A. I./Avantgarde Audio

Thank you for your attention and support! Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones!

Avantgarde Audio*
*For the love of the machine

enChord is compatible with synthesizers of any brand --whether hardware or software-- that support MIDI connectivity, like: Access, Akai, Alesis, Analogue Systems, Applied Acoustics, Aries, ARP, Arturia, BitHeadz, Bomb Factory Studios, Buchla, Casio, Chamberlin, Cheetah, Chimera Synthesis, Clavia, Con Brio, Control Synthesis, Creamware, Crumar, Dave Smith Instruments, Davoli, Doepfer, E-mu, EKO, Electrix Pro, Electro Harmonix, EDP, Elektron, Elka, EML, EMS, Encore Electronics, Ensoniq, Fairlight, Farfisa, FBT Electronica, Formanta, Frostwave, Future Retro, Generalmusic (GEM), GForce Software, Gleeman, Hammond, Hartmann, Hohner, IK Multimedia, Image Line, Jen Electronics, JoMoX, Kawai, Kenton Electronics, KeyFax Hardware, Korg, Kurzweil, Lennar Digital, Linn Electronics, Logan Electronics, Lync, MacBeth Studio Systems, MAM, Marion Systems, Mark of the Unicorn, Metasonix, Miscellaneous, Moog, Mutronics, Native Instruments, New England Digital, Novation, Oberheim, Octave, Oxford Synthesiser Company, PAiA, Percussa, Philips, Powertran, PPG, Propellerhead Software, Prosoniq, Quasimidi, Red Sound Systems, Rhodes, Roland, RSF, Seer Systems, Sequential Circuits, Serge, Sherman Electronics, Siel, Solton, SoundMaster, Spectral Audio, Steinberg, Steiner-Parker, Studio Electronics, Synhouse, Syntauri, Syntecno, Synthesizers.com, Synton, TC Electronic, Technosaurus, Teisco, VAZ Synths, Vermona, Waldorf, Wave Idea, Way Out Ware, Wersi, Wiard, Will Systems, Wurlitzer, Yamaha.

FEATURES IN DETAIL (part 1)

• NoteBoard, a 108 keys board for state of the art chord design and chord progression design. Direct, one-touch chord design audition with user-selectable global MIDI channel. The best the hardware market offers are 88 key beds.

• 5832 immediately available chords at the touch of one finger, plus several one-touch chord modifying functions, rendering chord creation possibilities basically infinite. Direct chord "bloating", low/high chord notes emphasis (chord inversion and expansion), as well as semitone and octave transposition... all available via touch. A library of about 60 chords are directly accessible from the full ChordLibrary, now multiply that by 108 notes and you get over SIX THOUSAND possible chords just to start because the inversions and expansions are nearly infinite. The ChordLibrary ranges from the basic major or minor chords all the way through dominant 11 sharp 9 and major 13, you name it, it is right there literally at your finger tips!

• 36 scales —from our beloved Major, Minor, Blues or Mixolydian mode all the way to the exotic Gypsy, Hungarian, Japanese and everything in between.

• Real time, generative "scale mood" audition. Pick a scale, tap one single button, and let the generative scale player show you the "mood" of the selected scale. The generative scale player will harmoniously play the selected scales until you pick one that fits your composing mood. Sweet and tested? Go C major. Rocking mood? Go A minor pentatonic. No limits.

• One-touch chord analysis and chord progression suggester: Pick your scale, tap on a note in the Progression Analytics section, and enChord shows you all the harmonically adequate chords in the chosen interval. Ever heard of the so called Circle of Fifths? Well, enChord can be called the Infinite of Fifths ON STEROIDS!! Plus, you don't really have to memorize anything: enChord already did that part of the homework for you, and you get to have all the fun!

FEATURES IN DETAIL (part 2)

• One-touch scale analysis and scale modulation suggester (world's first using enChord's unique workflow). Tired of the same old-same old C major, F major, G major chord progression? With the scale modulation analysis, you can progress your chords to new unchartered territories. enChord will visually show you harmonically suitable scales for modulation according to your selected base scale. The pivot chords will be right there for you to modulate to a related scale so you create music you never thought you were capable of before.

• ChordBank feature with direct stored chord audition (user can store up to 12 of his created/modified/factory chords while composing or for real-time performance, read more below!)

• ModBank feature: you can store your scale modulations! Up to 6 modulations can be stored, plus you can always return to your base scale at any time via a single touch! Scale modulation is the cornerstone of harmonically rich music composition to which only the greatest composers had access to via their decades-long study of music theory. Using enChord you can compose vastly complex progressions and do harmony modulation with minimal effort.

• Worlds-first multi-touch instrument called TileBoard: what makes enChord's Tileboard different is that it is DYNAMICALLY CREATED based on chords stored in Chordbank by the user. A major feature in enChord is that now you can think of chords like what they really are in their essence from a music analysis perspective: harmonically perfect mini-scales (from a basic minor triad to the dominant 13 behemoth, just scales really). In enChord, you can switch these scales dynamically (world's first feature ever!!) and while you are performing! The harmonious nature of an ear-pleasing chord progression is naturally and dynamically ported to your performance in real-time with minimal effort. It's like sitting someone with the most basic notion of rhythm in front of a piano for the first time ever, and then watch him/her NEVER EVER play the wrong note while progressing and modulating IN REAL TIME. For a person to deliver this harmonious performance, he or she would have to spend years in the music conservatory. Not anymore. Music is known as the universal language. Why can't anyone speak it right now? enChord precisely facilitates everyone's ability to speak the language of music like never before. Let's repeat that: like never before. enChord will make you fluent, literally.

• TileBoard features velocity range control, real-time channel aftertouch control as well as expression control while playing ANY note and with ONE SINGLE FINGER for ultimate musical expressiveness.

• PadBoard, a dynamic pad-based board that is dynamically built according to the user-selected scale. Padboard re-builds itself every time a new scale is chosen and shows only the note pads representing four octaves of the user-selected scale: 12, 0, +12, +24. You can play Padboard and never miss the harmonically correct note, not even a single time.

FEATURES IN DETAIL (final!)

• PadBoard, TileBoard, and ChordBank, can use distinct MIDI channels; i.e., you can play your stored chords in ChordBank in real-time with one single finger using a certain external sound on channel 1, and use TileBoard multi-touch expressive control for playing another sound in MIDI channel 2 for ultimate expressivity.

• Further, enChord features multiple visual aids and a state of the art ergonomic interface to help your music composing sessions: correct current scale note indicators across NoteBoard, last played ChordBank notes indicator, suitable chord indicators, channel after touch and expression LED based indicators in TileBoard, Selection Tester, audition on/off switches for ChordLibrary and ChordBank, 3 MIDI channel selectors, a panic function, velocity faders, etc., etc., etc.

• If you already are using Liine's Lemur, installing and using enChord will take less than 2 minutes (<1 minute for seasoned users :). enChord also works great with MIDI interfaces via Lemur/iPad, such as IK's iRig MIDI or Line 6 Mobilizer, etc, not to mention wireless MIDI. By using such a MIDI interface though, you can directly connect enChord to a hardware synthesizer or any of your computers with a MIDI interface. You can also connect it to your computer and play software synthesizers such as VST, AU or any other format that supports MIDI. Of course, any DAW supporting MIDI is also compatible with enChord (Cubase, Ableton Live, FL Studio, Sonar, Digital Performer, Logic… you name it!)

Thanks much for your attention and support, and Happy Holydays to all at KVR

Looks quite interesting.
Btw, Your youtube video is not working here.

Can it be used as a vsti or is is stand alone?
Do you have a support forum?
What is your pricing?
Is there a demo version?

tweiss2000 wrote:Looks quite interesting.
Btw, Your youtube video is not working here.

Hi tweiss2000

You might want to try this link and lmk if it works for you?

Thanks a lot.
Last edited by Avantgarde Sound on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's obvious you're very excited about this project. I'm looking forward to what this could develop into.

They're are some features I really like, such as chord suggestion, a large library of chords and scales, a chord bank to trigger different chords, and chord inversions and expansions.

However, the user interface does not seem particularly user friendly, maybe because I don't find it very graphically appealing.

I myself, am working on a chord-based virtual instrument (it's in the prototype stages) called [Citrus] Chord Designer nXT-33. It shares a few similarities with this project.

Instead of five long posts, you might have wanted to create one concise, easier to understand post. It did take me awhile to figure out what this software was about. But otherwise, I'm going to keep my eyes on this, and good luck to you sir.

Only a Steady picture, but no video

tweiss2000 wrote:Only a Steady picture, but no video
Strange.

Let's see if other users have problems too.
Here it shows just fine (and on many devices)

I can't watch this video as it contains copyrighted music which has not been allowed by the GEMA association.

daExpert wrote:It's obvious you're very excited about this project. I'm looking forward to what this could develop into.

They're are some features I really like, such as chord suggestion, a large library of chords and scales, a chord bank to trigger different chords, and chord inversions and expansions.
thanks for all the feedback daExpert

Sorry Tweiss2000, nearly miss your second set of questions in your first post (just didn't see them because of the line breaks!)

I will be responding 1 by 1 to your questoins for sure

Q1) "Can it be used as a vsti or is is stand alone?"

R1) You would use enChord to play synthesizers both hardware and software, as long as they have MIDI connectivity.

You can think of enChord as a MIDI controller (granted, on steroids)

Of course, enChord's MIDI notes can be routed from within your DAW to any of your syths.

And yes, enChord's first version is standalone but it does need you to have an iPad and the Lemur framework for it to communicate with your synths, again, software or hardware, as long as they talk MIDI.

Return to “Instruments”