Mulab 5 beta is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mulab 5 is available for download!
Multicore, new browser, cool new capabilities to build your own synth/effect, ...

See here for more info.

And it works and sounds fantastic!!!! 8)

The new Browser is a godsend for all the drag n drop funcionality...

Is it really that good? I need an easy to use daw for my hobby. No big professional stuff.

Oh and by the way does mutools have sales?

TheKid wrote:Is it really that good? I need an easy to use daw for my hobby. No big professional stuff.

Then that's the way to go... it's dead simple to use, very stable here but very powerfull if you want to go deeper...

You don't even need to use any additional instruments... it comes featured by an fantastic internal soundengine with tons of presets...

Don't know about plans for sales though... it's already much too cheap for what it does.

TheKid wrote:Is it really that good? I need an easy to use daw for my hobby. No big professional stuff.

Over in the Mulab forum someone said his 10 year old was able record/working with Mulab after a few hours.
And me, i'm currently deep into effect design...

So, there is something for every level.

I wouldn't count on a sale. It's damn cheap already.

How come I didn't know this? :?

Fantastic update, before I'd hit up to 70% cpu playing some of the demo songs now I can seem to break 20%!!!
Pineapple Lounge Records
http://www.pineappleloungerecords.com

I see... PC only. But nice that it's out and working. Merry Xmas folks... :harp:

Would the new Muclips be the same as Ableton clips ?

DHR53 wrote:I see... PC only. But nice that it's out and working. Merry Xmas folks... :harp:
New version coming to Mac very soon though, apparently.

Great update though. @leggie, yep, its the same concept.

robenestobenz wrote:@leggie, yep, its the same concept.
Very nice, never used it before and I like it a LOT especially the price !

Is it possible to have an automation clip included in the Muclip as well, that would be heaven ?

leggie wrote:
robenestobenz wrote:@leggie, yep, its the same concept.
Very nice, never used it before and I like it a LOT especially the price !

Is it possible to have an automation clip included in the Muclip as well, that would be heaven ?
Not an automation clip (I think the muclip system atm supports only one clip at once), but all automation used with the meta-parameters in the MUX can be automated in the clips velocity pane and is saved and if wanted previewed too

I have merged a recorded automation clip with a midi clip (Alchemy patch and XY pad controller) then right clicked on the left pane chose Alchemy as a 'Target' and the clip plays as 1 unit, I can even drag it to be saved as a preset but when I click on it to preview it says 'Cant find plugin' and an endless loop ensues where I have to locate the file(dll) which I do then the same 'Cant find plugin' window pops back up but it will play the clip with working automation if the alchemy window is already up, I've either broken it or not using it right ?

Damn good though :hyper:

About the "VST plugin not found": That's a bug in the test version. Will be fixed in the next test version, coming one of the days. Please keep an eye on this topic: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=368885 or regularly check the MuLab 5 public test webfolder for new updates. Or connect to MuTools on Facebook or MuTools on Twitter.

For now: To bypass that VST not found MuClip bug, put the VST in a MUX or in a rack and it works fine because the bug only appears when the MuClip directly targets a VST.

Really cool, I'm eyeing the Mulab MUX crossgrade offer for $50, very much appreciated that this is available :) Maybe sometime after Christmas though :)
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”