What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Does Sylenth ever go on sale?

Official support for: lennardigital.com

Moderators: BarendB, Ruben(LD), Lennard

Rational
KVRer

11 posts since 30 Oct, 2009

Postby Rational; Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:50 am Does Sylenth ever go on sale?

Hi Guys,

I've had Sylenth on my wish list for 2 if not 3 years now. I keep checking for sales and never see any. I also asked Lennar direct via email last year and again this last week with no response. Is this a product that just never goes on sale?

I keep waiting and hoping.

Lennar, will you be offering a Holiday sale this year?

Thanks everyone!

Rational
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

6513 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:55 am

100% no.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
DieNerds
KVRer

2 posts since 28 Dec, 2006

Postby DieNerds; Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Been waiting for years too :) I only seem to buy anything when there's some kind of special deal on these days.

It's a lot of money for something that's old and neglected. 4 years since the last update of any kind on the website. Still, the fixed price is starting to be affected by inflation now, eventually it'll cost the same as a pint of milk :D
cotdagoo
KVRist

51 posts since 3 Aug, 2006

Postby cotdagoo; Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:49 am

Rational wrote:Hi Guys,

I've had Sylenth on my wish list for 2 if not 3 years now. I keep checking for sales and never see any. I also asked Lennar direct via email last year and again this last week with no response. Is this a product that just never goes on sale?

I keep waiting and hoping.

Lennar, will you be offering a Holiday sale this year?

Thanks everyone!

Rational

If the developer can't be bothered to reply to your multiple emails regarding the purchase and pricing (albeit discounted) of his software, I wouldn't be very interested in supporting him directly and would instead opt for a discounted 2nd hand license (they pop up from time to time) and save your time & money.
sonicpowa
KVRian

996 posts since 3 Jul, 2009

Postby sonicpowa; Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:20 am

AFAIK there have been discount only once; a group buy 3 or 4 years ago.
Rational
KVRer

11 posts since 30 Oct, 2009

Postby Rational; Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:37 pm

cotdagoo wrote:If the developer can't be bothered to reply to your multiple emails regarding the purchase and pricing (albeit discounted) of his software, I wouldn't be very interested in supporting him directly and would instead opt for a discounted 2nd hand license (they pop up from time to time) and save your time & money.

Yeah. My thoughts exactly cotdagoo. I like the sound of this synth, but if they are uncaring enough to even answer then I'll not support them with my money. Especially so if they aren't updating it regularly. That doesn't build confidence in the consumer to be ignored. Nor does the lack of updates.

I can only hope my note here spurs them to change their view on this and begin now to raise their game, their support, and their service. And of course lower their price. For me, $180 is too much for this soft synth now with all the others out there with better prices and service. So I'll wait and even write it off my list forever if they keep this up beyond another little bit.

NI is a company who demonstrates superior execution and I can only hope Lennar reads this and is encouraged to adopt similar striving. NI now dominates because of their flawless execution and value for the money. I only paid $500 or so for my Komplete Ultimate 8 when I bought it with my Machine. Now that's value.

Still, I like to support the little guy with a great sounding product. And Sylenth is one that fits that description still for me. So let's just hope they awaken and do the right thing and price their product around the $99 range and put it on sale from time to time.

I've said my peace.
Thanks,
Rational

PS I'll take offers on a used license if anyone reading this want's to PM me with one anytime in the future. If I'm not too upset at that time from lack of a response I might still buy this little synth. Thanks everyone.
ranger3
KVRian

608 posts since 28 Nov, 2006

Postby ranger3; Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:58 am

I bought Sylenth 1 I think in December 2008, in a group buy, I think I got it for 72-75 euros..
It's my fav synth now...several yrs on...
arkmabat
KVRAF

2537 posts since 5 Nov, 2009

Postby arkmabat; Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:52 am Re: Does Sylenth ever go on sale?

I don't think I've ever seen sylenth1 in the marketplace
Kriminal
KVRAF

18634 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:02 am Re: Does Sylenth ever go on sale?

arkmabat wrote:I don't think I've ever seen sylenth1 in the marketplace

Its been in there loads...
Ruben(LD)
KVRist

70 posts since 30 Apr, 2014, from Netherlands

Postby Ruben(LD); Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:29 am Re: Does Sylenth ever go on sale?

I'll make sure it's on the to-do list to plan some kind of action, Lennard allready said he had fun times with the Group Buy, but that has been done...

There's an anniverary comming up in september, so perhaps we'll think of something ;)
arkmabat
KVRAF

Postby arkmabat; Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:15 pm Re: Does Sylenth ever go on sale?

:hyper:
arkmabat
KVRAF

Postby arkmabat; Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:54 pm Re: Does Sylenth ever go on sale?

What day is the anniversary? :)
iamgroot
KVRist

39 posts since 22 Aug, 2014

Postby iamgroot; Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:12 am Re: Does Sylenth ever go on sale?

yeah, whens the anniversary I need to know...
lachrimae
KVRist

110 posts since 7 Feb, 2014, from Austin, Tejas

Postby lachrimae; Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:47 pm Re: Does Sylenth ever go on sale?

Looks like Sept. 22nd :D

iamgroot
KVRist

39 posts since 22 Aug, 2014

Postby iamgroot; Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:15 pm Re: Does Sylenth ever go on sale?

i hope....
Next

Moderators: BarendB, Ruben(LD), Lennard

Return to LennarDigital