Real Instrument Sounds In Omnisphere

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ichad.c wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
the experimental nature of spectrasonics sound design happens before anyone even sets up a mic....the burning piano isn't a normal piano put through omnisphere and engineered to sound like it was on fire...
Uhmm - they really did burn a piano, there was also some pics of how they did it in an old SOS interview. These guys are sampling legends!
i know they burnt a piano...that was my point...it wasn't omnisphere's sampling or synthesis functions but the crazy sound design idea of eric and his staff

the point it that the idea, creativity and effect of the patch exists independent of any unique qualities of omnisphere...they could just have easily licensed a burning instrument library to kontakt

Ichad.c wrote:
the experimental nature of spectrasonics sound design happens before anyone even sets up a mic....the burning piano isn't a normal piano put through omnisphere and engineered to sound like it was on fire...
Uhmm - they really did burn a piano, there was also some pics of how they did it in an old SOS interview. These guys are sampling legends!
i know they burnt a piano...that was my point...it wasn't omnisphere's sampling or synthesis functions but the crazy sound design idea of eric and his staff

the point it that the idea, creativity and effect of the patch exists independent of any unique qualities of omnisphere...they could just have easily licensed a burning instrument library to kontakt
The problem is, omnisphere is not kontakt. The core library that omnisphere comes with sounds nothing like kontakt, and the interface neither looks or functions anything like kontakt.

So I feel that putting more real instruments into omnisphere is a cool idea.

I don't want Omni to be anything other than an inspiration machine for me, and somehow turning it into a 'GM Module' - no matter how good - would spoil its appeal.

Still, that said, the guitars in Omni are truly special, and even though they're primitive compared to Kontakt/Orange Tree/Prominy etc they're the most playable guitars I own outside my own Takamine and Telecaster.

If spectrasonics came up with an all-new instrument with an emphasis on more realworld instruments [I'd love to see something along the lines of Morphestra] I'd be all over it. But leave Omni alone and let it continue to carve its niche as the showpiece of sound design that it is!
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

daExpert wrote:
Ichad.c wrote:

The problem is, omnisphere is not kontakt. The core library that omnisphere comes with sounds nothing like kontakt, and the interface neither looks or functions anything like kontakt.

yup, omni is not kontakt...and ??

to say the core omni library sounds nothing like kontakt is to totally miss the point of what i wrote...omnisphere's core library sounds like it does because of eric persing and his team of sound designers, all who have had success in other instruments...

i actually still find that some of the best omni stuff is from the atmosphere library, that i owned and loved...but atmosphere is also not omnisphere

my point, once again, is that omni's core library sounds as it does despite the omnisphere engine...it really is not THAT special...what IS special is the team behind the sounds...were that team to work on a kontakt expansion, it would have the spectrasonics (note, not omnisphere) sound all over it

kontakt doesn't sound like any one particular thing..it is completely dependent on which libraries you load it up with...

oh, well now you put it that way
:roll:

..my point, once again, is that omni's core library sounds as it does despite the omnisphere engine...it really is not THAT special...what IS special is the team behind the sounds...were that team to work on a kontakt expansion, it would have the spectrasonics (note, not omnisphere) sound all over it..

kontakt doesn't sound like any one particular thing..it is completely dependent on which libraries you load it up with...

I agree with what you're saying. But, I don't know why you're rolling your eyes. What is wrong with more real instruments in omnisphere?

It's just an idea. There's no reason to be angry about it.

Why would I rather them create omnisphere expansions than kontakt expansions? Because the interface, usability, and synthesis features are not the same.

You might disagree with me, which there's nothing wrong with that.

But to be angry about what I'm saying, or annoyed, is ridiculous.

My original post wasn't angry, none of my other posts were angry. So why have I gotten so many angry (or emotionally upset) responses? I don't know. Maybe some pent-up frustration.

osiris wrote:He's right. I think where Omni shines is taken odd things and making them musical. Where else can you use a water drop,a light switch, or piano strings being bowed so musically?
What about taking a normal thing and making it experimental?

daExpert wrote:
osiris wrote:He's right. I think where Omni shines is taken odd things and making them musical. Where else can you use a water drop,a light switch, or piano strings being bowed so musically?
Maybe you are trying to make it what it isn't, and wasn't designed to be....nothing wrong with that, except if you keep arguing it over and over it becomes...well... you choose an appropriate phrase.

rsp

daExpert wrote:
..my point, once again, is that omni's core library sounds as it does despite the omnisphere engine...it really is not THAT special...what IS special is the team behind the sounds...were that team to work on a kontakt expansion, it would have the spectrasonics (note, not omnisphere) sound all over it..

I agree with what you're saying. But, I don't know why you're rolling your eyes. What is wrong with more real instruments in omnisphere?

It's just an idea. There's no reason to be angry about it.

Why would I rather them create omnisphere expansions than kontakt expansions? Because the interface, usability, and synthesis features are not the same.
i'm not angry at all..you have every right to want whatever you want....

zvenx wrote:
daExpert wrote:
Maybe you are trying to make it what it isn't, and wasn't designed to be....nothing wrong with that, except if you keep arguing it over and over it becomes...well... you choose an appropriate phrase.

rsp
What makes you think it's an argument? It's an exchange of ideas. It doesn't have to be the way I want it to be. Just trying to make the world a better place.

It only becomes an argument if I'm angry and/or someone else is angry.

Sorry, I didn't mean argument in an unruly manner
more:

"a discussion involving differing points of view; debate:"

it won't be the way you want it to be though....Eric views on it have been well stated several times...

Personally I wish he would have an expansion bank for omnisphere which will make it a XV-5080/Fantom software contender.....I realised long ago it isn't/wasn't going to happen, so I stopped the debate.

I guess many feel this way about your exchange of ideas...that maybe you are flogging a dead horse.
rsp

Yeah, I agree. But things change and change is good. Everything changes.

We'll see what the future brings, or according to kevvvv "yeah.. what spectrasonic's future brings."

I've felt worthless my whole life and then someone does everything in their power to make you feel more worthless, guess I should take a knife to myself.

daExpert wrote:.......
I've felt worthless my whole life and then someone does everything in their power to make you feel more worthless, guess I should take a knife to myself.
What?
where did that come from?
:-)

rsp

zvenx wrote:
daExpert wrote:.......
What?
where did that come from?
:-)

rsp
I was specifically referring to an earlier part of this thread where I said "That's a good point. We'll see what the future brings."

And then another poster, replied in a condescending way, "Yeah... We'll see what spectrasonic's future brings." As if I have no future and spectrasonics does, which is f**king ridiculous.

It made me feel a very ugly emotion. But, I'm doing better now.

:-).ok, its christmas.... let's enjoy love.

take care, hope I am wrong and you get your wish from spectrasonics.

it will benefit many of us.....for those who don't want it, they won't have to download another 30GB :-)
rsp

Return to “Instruments”