Vengeance Producer Suite: Metrum. DrumSynth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I heard Avicii uses this....
I think they showed it in a video, and I think he got a discount on his... :roll:

Just checking out the videos for this - looks pretty slick actually. Too bad it is just for kicks, but the user interface and workflow it allows for sound designing those is pretty stellar in my opinion. I'll be checking out the demo. Need to demo Rob Papen's Punch as well to see how it compares.

its not for necessarily for kicks only...
I know many people who use it for layering snares, hats etc... too
(even synth oneshots)

the factory library however contains many other samples beside kicks

But for oneshot's the new Vengeance sampler would be surely the better tool than Metrum right? :D

What new Vengeance sampler?

I tried Rob Papen's Punch and it definitely wasn't for me. Very poor user interface in my opinion. Tried out EKS Pro and Bazzism as alternatives (combined with just putting samples on audio tracks). Metrum's workflow was superior and allowed me to get much better results that gelled perfectly.

5Lives wrote:What new Vengeance sampler?

I tried Rob Papen's Punch and it definitely wasn't for me. Very poor user interface in my opinion. Tried out EKS Pro and Bazzism as alternatives (combined with just putting samples on audio tracks). Metrum's workflow was superior and allowed me to get much better results that gelled perfectly.
Yes, some mini infos are in the V-Forum or in the last Keys magazine(interview with msvs)

Interesting...my German is pretty poor though :) Any idea of when they are planning on releasing it? I wonder if I should hold off on Metrum right now then...

Cyforce wrote:
5Lives wrote:What new Vengeance sampler?

Yes, some mini infos are in the V-Forum or in the last Keys magazine(interview with msvs)
Now that's some interesting news! I have tried to find anything on the web and found zero ;( Do you have any web links, either German or English? A google search on Vengeance Sampler reveals nothing.
Cowbells!

we can not give out very much information at this point, since we are not yet in beta stadium (but soon)

but it will be a very very freaky and sick tool, with some really insane features

and we plan that you are able to add our own plugins like Sidechain, Metrum, Philta etc..., so if you are Metrum owner, you can open Metrum instances inside the sampler for a kickdrum pad etc...)
But its not that far progressed yet, so I do not know which problems we may occur when implementing this. So thats why I said "we plan" :)

release date? Really do not know yet, but we will announce it as soon as we know

msvs wrote:and we plan that you are able to add our own plugins like Sidechain, Metrum, Philta etc..., so if you are Metrum owner, you can open Metrum instances inside the sampler for a kickdrum pad etc...)
That would be really, really nice :)
I've been waiting for something like that! :)

Cheers
Dennis

we try our best to make it happen :)

That's something to look forward to! I usually don't care (better said, I don't have much spare-time) to test other people's bugs but in this case, if you need a beta tester let me know ;) Sounds really exciting, since it's way overdue in VST-land.
Cowbells!

Quick question on Metrum - in Pro Tools 10, I can't seem to use the arrow keys to navigate around the Metrum sample browsers because PT captures those. Is there another way to quickly go through the browser without using the mouse?

unfortunately not
maybe we find a workaround to get the key commands working in PT in the next update

I just discovered Metrum, and it really fits well into my workflow. I absolutely love being able to easily construct kicks with the three layers, quickly preview kick presets in a project context, and instant tweakability with being able to customize the presets to sit perfectly in the mix. Vengeance has done a damn fine job with this tool.

Quite frankly, I'm blown away that I'd never heard of Metrum until I began using the Multiband Sidechain tool, which is also excellent, as in freaking fabulous.

Return to “Instruments”