What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

UVI Vintage Legends, demo version now available

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

7792 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:26 am

EvilDragon wrote:Ingonator raises a very good point. Komplete 8 is a ridiculous value for money, and offers so much (Reaktor is endless!) - and UVI really can't touch that. But I don't think that's their intention, really.

I just mentioned this as some people mention that Kontakt is so much exeansive...
If you look at the price of Mach Five 3 and the libraries this very fast changes to the opposite.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waldorf Beta Forum Manager
"Atmospheric Transients" for PPG Wave 3.V
"Analog vs Digital" for Blofeld
Win 7 64-bit / Live 9 / Reaper / Studio One 2.6 / Blofeld / Pulse 2 /Waldorf + Tone 2 plugins + others
KVRian

1480 posts since 28 Dec, 2007

Postby analoguesamples909; Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:33 am

its a good question. The main reason I think the UVI stuff is better than other sample based packs

They sampled better/cooler instruments
They do a very good job sampling using high end gear (you can hear it)
I prefer the UVI player inc filters and esp glide over Kontakt - their player and FX are excellent

Small incremental aspects combine to produce a nicer package IMO. However - because they are a 'big company' - they price things a bit high I think. Its one of their problems - I think they would be very popular if they charged half...

Anyways - you cant purchase solely based on value for money - some instruments fit your style - some dont. I dont really like most NI stuff - so for me komplete is not very attractive - even if its cheap.
KVRAF

2506 posts since 1 Dec, 2004, from Sydney, Australia

Postby dalor; Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:01 am

If we talk price>quantity Wusik would have to be the winner.
Cowbells!
KVRist

104 posts since 9 Aug, 2009

Postby MrDuke; Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:45 am

Aloysius wrote:
http://www.jrrshop.com/uvivintagelegends

$299.00 - $44.85 (Discount) = $254.15 (in cart price)

How are you getting this price? I'm also outside the U.S. at the moment and my in-cart price also includes the taxes, so the total is approximately $270? It's still better than $299 or 299 eur (plus taxes), so I'm considering it.

And also, where does one download the files - from JRRShop or UVI's servers? Isn't it something like 20gb?
KVRAF

9244 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from Alto Icon

Postby Aloysius; Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:32 am

MrDuke wrote:
Aloysius wrote:
http://www.jrrshop.com/uvivintagelegends

$299.00 - $44.85 (Discount) = $254.15 (in cart price)

How are you getting this price? I'm also outside the U.S. at the moment and my in-cart price also includes the taxes, so the total is approximately $270? It's still better than $299 or 299 eur (plus taxes), so I'm considering it.

And also, where does one download the files - from JRRShop or UVI's servers? Isn't it something like 20gb?

I posted this a little earlier.

Aloysius wrote:If people are not seeing the best price quoted here, then I guess they should try to redeem the "GROUP" coupon code at JRR Shop on checkout. That might work.

The Licenses for this particular UVI Software needs to be manually generated, so it will take a little time to receive Licenses.

If you're still having a problem, I'd suggest sending an email to JRRSHOP.

The License is purchased from JRRSHOP, everything else is handled as usual via UVI.

Size: 21.85 GB
My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake.
KVRian

Postby analoguesamples909; Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:36 am

has anybody got a license or download for this yet? I purchased on Friday evening and have only got my receipt...thinking about it I suppose its christmas weekend...but still - it has launched...
Banned

Postby bobbybland; Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:40 am

Actual Demo's vs audio files available?
KVRian

517 posts since 8 Nov, 2003, from Mexico City

Postby donato; Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:23 am

Seems interesting, just too expensive for what I think it is (without actually being able to test it). It should be $199 for the whole thing and $69 individually. From my point of view they'd sell a hell of a lot more units that way and make a lot more money.
KVRian

Postby donato; Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:31 pm

Failed Muso's review is up:

http://www.failedmuso.com/blog/?p=3245

Interesting review. I appreciate it. Initially I was most interested in purchasing the Kroma, but after reading the review I'd probably buy the CS-M if I decided to purchase one of them.
KVRian

Postby donato; Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:19 pm

I'd be interested in hearing other peoples' opinions of the product- particularly their favorite individual instruments and why.
KVRist

104 posts since 9 Aug, 2009

Postby MrDuke; Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:27 am

Aloysius wrote:If people are not seeing the best price quoted here, then I guess they should try to redeem the "GROUP" coupon code at JRR Shop on checkout. That might work.

The Licenses for this particular UVI Software needs to be manually generated, so it will take a little time to receive Licenses.

Yeah it said the code 'GROUP' is invalid. Also, someone above is still waiting for their license, it seems.

I'm still waiting for proper "per patch" audio demos on YouTube before I splurge...

Failedmuso's blog review was ok, but somehow I feel he spent most of the time explaining the origins of the instruments. I don't consider his stuff that credible to begin with...I mostly check them out to hear what the product sounds like - which is ridiculous, UVI should do a better job demoing their products FFS! All they have now is a stupid movie-like trailer and a bunch of those dubstep demo tracks on Soundcloud, as usual.

I think it would be a great idea to release a few patches playable on UVI Workstation as freebies...although you still might not get an idea if it's worth spending $200-300 on the product.
KVRian

1426 posts since 18 Sep, 2004, from Suffolk, UK

Postby Failed Muso; Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:44 am

MrDuke wrote:UVI should do a better job demoing their products FFS! All they have now is a stupid movie-like trailer and a bunch of those dubstep demo tracks on Soundcloud, as usual.

Here are demos of each instrument in isolation by John Parkins, over at the UVI SoundCloud page. No dubstep here :)

https://soundcloud.com/uvi-official/set ... s-showcase

MrDuke wrote:Failedmuso's blog review was ok, but somehow I feel he spent most of the time explaining the origins of the instruments. I don't consider his stuff that credible to begin with.

Thank you for the feedback.
KVRAF

Postby Aloysius; Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:41 pm

Finally got a reply from JrrShop (my second email to them). They were very apologetic. Apparently, the UVI Vintage Legends has not yet been officially released. That would explain the delay in people receiving their serial numbers.
KVRian

Postby analoguesamples909; Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:41 pm

Aloysius wrote:Finally got a reply from JrrShop (my second email to them). They were very apologetic. Apparently, the UVI Vintage Legends has not yet been officially released. That would explain the delay in people receiving their serial numbers.

great...did they say when? Wonder why they launched it...Ive been charged by JRR but nothing yet...
KVRAF

Postby Aloysius; Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:19 pm

analoguesamples909 wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Finally got a reply from JrrShop (my second email to them). They were very apologetic. Apparently, the UVI Vintage Legends has not yet been officially released. That would explain the delay in people receiving their serial numbers.

great...did they say when? Wonder why they launched it...Ive been charged by JRR but nothing yet...

As soon as it is released and we receive our order of codes from UVI, we will immediately send them ...

Soon ... I guess!!! :)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments