The I promise I will not buy more gear-thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HMage wrote:Last december I promised myself I won't spend a buck in year 2012 until I learn in depth what I already own.

You can guess how well that turned out. :bang:
:lol: It's really true. I have SO MANY wonderful things. I know that a few scrooges think that everyone who buys a ton of stuff never uses any of it and all the other cliches, but in fact it's more about searching.

So, this month has been a few plugin alliance deals. But man, my flow is just getting better and better. Other than now having 3 highly functional hosts that keep working, I've got terrific little helpers that are making things exciting.

I guess also part of it is you keep thinking "well if this is good, then how much better will it be with ____ ??"

:hyper:

Jace-BeOS wrote:Being poor helps.

Well, it keeps you from buying stuff at least.
:(

I'm blessed to be in the situation I am where I can spend. But in fact, I have to squirrel money away for things. 5 here, 2 there, 10 or 20 if I'm lucky. Also, 99% of this stuff I buy is from PP which I've always got some money laying around from something I sold.

The guitar/basses also get the "cheap guy" treatment. I've had my MF and GC cards since about 99, or 2000 so I only buy when they have financing at 0% interest and calculate what it will cost out of my stash. To date, in all the years, I've paid everything off before any interest is due. I'm pretty tight right now though so "cash" purchases are out, that money has to go to payments to make sure no financing.

Ok, now. I have a house, 2 cats and two cars but they were luck enough to be paid for (yes, even the cats :hihi:) but I don't spend money on:

haircuts
ciggies
clothing*
"looks" things

and I'm pretty generic food wise. I have bought some booze again recently but after tonight ima go back off of that. I don't eat out much, I don't go on dates, I don't have a GF/BF, I don't have a large family that costs me.....

So this is my vice. My hobby, my only real passion. Sorry for the ramble, it's just me being my usual yakky self.......

*I am so f**king cheap with clothing. All I ever wear are cheap jeans and grey t's. That's it. My Ibanez hoody was a present, my Giants hoody will be this years present. I'm REALLY cheap with clothes. I look like shit anyways, On and I shave my head so no need for a barber :hihi:

hibidy wrote:

I'm blessed to be in the situation I am where I can spend. But in fact, I have to squirrel money away for things. 5 here, 2 there, 10 or 20 if I'm lucky. Also, 99% of this stuff I buy is from PP which I've always got some money laying around from something I sold.

The guitar/basses also get the "cheap guy" treatment. I've had my MF and GC cards since about 99, or 2000 so I only buy when they have financing at 0% interest and calculate what it will cost out of my stash. To date, in all the years, I've paid everything off before any interest is due. I'm pretty tight right now though so "cash" purchases are out, that money has to go to payments to make sure no financing.

Ok, now. I have a house, 2 cats and two cars but they were luck enough to be paid for (yes, even the cats :hihi:) but I don't spend money on:

haircuts
ciggies
clothing*
"looks" things

and I'm pretty generic food wise. I have bought some booze again recently but after tonight ima go back off of that. I don't eat out much, I don't go on dates, I don't have a GF/BF, I don't have a large family that costs me.....

So this is my vice. My hobby, my only real passion. Sorry for the ramble, it's just me being my usual yakky self.......

*I am so f**king cheap with clothing. All I ever wear are cheap jeans and grey t's. That's it. My Ibanez hoody was a present, my Giants hoody will be this years present. I'm REALLY cheap with clothes. I look like shit anyways, On and I shave my head so no need for a barber :hihi:
Sounds like a great place to be man. :wink:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

It is, I'm fortunate (for now)

I would be best served by stopping the madness though :cry:

hibidy wrote:

I don't go on dates, I don't have a GF/BF, I don't have a large family that costs me.....

:cry: I thought what we had was f**king special you nasty bitch. You even got a henna tattoo that said forever on your neck with MY NAME and a heart just above it when we did thailand together, Do I mean so little to you?

Anyway speaking of clothes I am beyond cheap to point of looking homeless, Sod it though I'd rather die than go prancing around for some fancy overpriced sweatshop labour t-shirt and tight jeans with a name logo stiched into it...The £3/£5 ones in tesco and primark are sweatshop laboured and plain. I managed to offend an old school mate for not noticing and (obviously) spilling a drink onto his £170 feckin t-shirt. He stormed off home early because of it FFS...A t-shirt!?! I honestly thought the prick was having me on for the first minute or so :lol: So anyway on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the most hoboish rate me people, rate my tramp factor:ImageAnyway what little money goes firstly on paying bills, feeding, cloathing and all the other responsibilities a parent has and with the small amount that is left over (Thats not at all each time at all) that gets saved for gear as its my only 'thing' really too. Got some absolute priceless looks when I first started talking my Daughter to primary school and picking Her up.
I've never done credit cards as if I don't got the cash to pay for it then I just save up and sometimes if it is available on 0% finance and I know I can pay it off before the time of that then I will go for that. I think that sort of deal is fair

Have an awesome day with your family, loved one's/friends, Im not a christmas man really but do it all for the kids otherwise I genuinely wouldn't bother. So they have already whipped me up into the spirit 8) All the best

Dean

Oh and BTW: Next year I'm planning to buy more than I was able to do so this damned year without blinking! Bring it on ;)

Being cheap can also indicate a level of comfort. It really pays to have a morsel of satisfaction or at least comfort with one's self. I envy that. My credit destruction era was an obvious scream for relief from a miserable life of paying dues and being punished for thinking paying my dues earned me anything at all from those I served.. Meh.

I hope you all continue to have employment, support systems and personal comforts in the new year so you can keep buying gear :-) Having a hobby, or "a thing" is important to health! Best wishes!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:
hibidy wrote:

I don't go on dates, I don't have a GF/BF, I don't have a large family that costs me.....

:cry: I thought what we had was f**king special you nasty bitch. You even got a henna tattoo that said forever on your neck with MY NAME and a heart just above it when we did thailand together, Do I mean so little to you?
:lol:

Jace-BeOS wrote:Being cheap can also indicate a level of comfort. It really pays to have a morsel of satisfaction or at least comfort with one's self. I envy that. My credit destruction era was an obvious scream for relief from a miserable life of paying dues and being punished for thinking paying my dues earned me anything at all from those I served.. Meh.

I hope you all continue to have employment, support systems and personal comforts in the new year so you can keep buying gear :-) Having a hobby, or "a thing" is important to health! Best wishes!
You know I have nothing but the best of wishes for you Jace, I'm sorry for my yak.

No no no, no sorries! :-D

Enjoy the good!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:Being cheap can also indicate a level of comfort. It really pays to have a morsel of satisfaction or at least comfort with one's self. I envy that. My credit destruction era was an obvious scream for relief from a miserable life of paying dues and being punished for thinking paying my dues earned me anything at all from those I served.. Meh.

Thanks Jace, Still though man the first and most important thing is knowing when even though not within your own control/headspace filled with the stuff that throws them chemicals even more off balanced than 'normal' you have come through that, Know your limitations as a human being and OTOT can wish others well in a genuine and open manner. Not alot of people could do that, It takes alot and you are one of the many people here that are what makes kvr audio a good place where talking openly, Having a sense of humour and not taking ourselves deadly serious is what it is/Even though it effects each person differently medication and people with nothing but bad intent that call themselves a friend and even worse in my own case - My ex-Wife take thier toll. Well I write all of that as character building. Honestly man along with my good friend hibidy whom I have got along with well for years now amongst many others, I genuinely am proud to call the people on here I've met, Spoken too/Get on with as friends - I consider yourself in that way. If that means anything to you then cool, I know its not an in person thing but still I'm exatly like I am in person. I hope you have a good day tomorrow and 2013 is good to you...We'll see, All the best, England is dead shithole that is only getting worse FWIW

I take myself too damn seriously at times, hah hah :oops: But yeah, I appreciate the fun around kvr and, while I'm not a fan of these holidays in particular, I do wish happiness for you folks :-) Especially having to tolerate my posts here :hihi:

PS: Dean, I just noticed your signature line... :lol: :lol:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

;) It came from watching Trailer Park Boys and Jim Lahey's Shitisms. Pure gold and love it, Still never get bored watching them all. Enjoyed Drunk and on drugs happy hour also. That lot are just comedy heaven (Even though I'm not much into comedy, I'll either love it or not be able to stand it)

Jim Lahey is a wise park manager and a total dude

this thread just makes me consider myself a liar. Of course i will always get new gear, I just want to fight the temptation to buy new things, just because they seem like a good deal.

I'm jonesing............

Late Xmas bonus came in yesterday.....oops :help:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”